Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

I don't know if Middletown Construction knows much more than us... location of footers.

But wouldnt you think that they would would have to know the layout in order to poor in the footers

Management probably just tells them "pour a footer here, then pour a footer there". I highly doubt they know anything about how those footers will be utilized. They just pour them where they're told to pour them.

• Like 3

My friends dad was at Kings Island this winter and he was working on the vents all around the park. One day when he was working he said he say the blue prints on an important person desk. He doesn't know what type of coaster but he did say it look like it has a splash down?

I don't know if Middletown Construction knows much more than us... location of footers.

But wouldnt you think that they would would have to know the layout in order to poor in the footers

No. They don't necessarily need to know the layout. They only need to know the exact ground coordinates where footers are supposed to be poured. They might be able to get a general scope of the project, but it's impossible to say which direction any given piece of track would be oriented on a specific footer, or even what type of coaster it would be.

• Like 4

The Middletown construction crew should know the layout and experience of the ride since they're working all day pouring the footers in the hot sun.

On what basis do you assert they should know - simply because they are laboring in the hot sun all day? That doesn't mean anything. They're simply doing their jobs, which is to pour concrete footers at specific coordinates on the ground.

My friends dad was at Kings Island ... working ...

... said he say the blue prints on an important person desk ...

My guess is that your friend is telling a tall tale.

If your friend's dad came across project details in the course of his work, he has a moral if not legal obligation to refrain from disclosing them.

The GP could have as much fun as they want vandalizing it. Although, would it really be vandalizing if it's the theme? Perhaps they should let people draw on supports, fences, etc. nearby.

How about sticking used gum on one of the posts in the queue line? Such a novel idea!

I hope everyone knows I wasn't being serious. I just remember the gum wall in The Beast's queue line - it was awful!

Please friends - keep the park clean.

I now feel the need to let everyone know that my idea was not serious, either.

Sorry in advance for double post.

I'm always curious which of these trolls are affiliated with each other.

Well, I'm really beginning to think Big Sexy and YoungStud are. They both have ridiculously stupid names and Big Sexy keeps liking YoundStud's posts, like all of them. And not many other posts get liked by him.

The Middletown construction crew should know the layout and experience of the ride since they're working all day pouring the footers in the hot sun.

On what basis do you assert they should know - simply because they are laboring in the hot sun all day? That doesn't mean anything. They're simply doing their jobs, which is to pour concrete footers at specific coordinates on the ground.

Generally speaking, they're going to have a complete set of site and foundation drawings on which to bid the job, I doubt they took on the job as a T and M project. They should know the layout fairly well. They may not know the type of coaster or the elements, but theyll have an idea of the layout and scope. At this point, odds are there is a Forman or two that have sat in a job trailer with the steel erectirs and have seen the steel drawings as well.

• Like 3

There was a documentary (2006) about how B and M makes the track and part of the process is to let the track sit outside and rust (this has something to do with trying to find any defects). They then remove the rust, do a few ultrasounds and then paint.

This article talks a bit about the process but doesn't mention the putting track outside part.

http://newsplusnotes.blogspot.ca/2008/12/scott-carol-present.html?m=1

Here's the video. It was cut/edited to only show the main parts about B&M as the episode was an hour long and wasn't just about B&M

• Like 3

Who wants to make a cross word puzzle of terms describing the new mysterious attraction? Then you will truly be decoding 2014!

BB1, who likes his noggin and his expansive knowledge of the waterpark.

I think a word search would be more appropriate!

• Like 2

My friends dad was at Kings Island this winter and he was working on the vents all around the park. One day when he was working he said he say the blue prints on an important person desk. He doesn't know what type of coaster but he did say it look like it has a splash down?

I think we need to cut her some slack - she's new and only 14. Let's be nice and explain about posting "he said/she said" stuff.

• Like 2

I think we need to cut her some slack - she's new and only 14. Let's be nice and explain about posting "he said/she said" stuff.

I'm 13 and I don't post stuff like that now. (I did in the past though.)
  • Like 3

Thank you, but my friend could be lying but I just want to share the info I knew

I'm 13 and I don't post stuff like that now. (I did in the past though.)

You've also been a member for over a year and have learned how to post correctly.

This is what annoys me about KIC is that as soon as a newbie posts something a little outrageous everyone pounces on them claiming "SOURCE SOURCE SOURCE" when we all know they don't have one. Seriously guys, give them some slack. I guarantee 95% of the posters on here went through a phase where they posted ridiculous things (myself definitely included) but those posters turned out to be some of the most valued people in the community.

• Like 5

^ This.

Cdeq was called a troll as soon as they posted. I don't think a troll would take the time to say their friend could or could not be lying. A troll would usually continue their antics and spouting defensive posts. Cdeq was just trying to join in on the conversation, or at least that's what it looks like to me. Not a troll at all! Welcome to the community!

^ This.

Cdeq was called a troll as soon as they posted. I don't think a troll would take the time to say their friend could or could not be lying. A troll would usually continue their antics and spouting defensive posts. Cdeq was just trying to join in on the conversation, or at least that's what it looks like to me. Not a troll at all! Welcome to the community!

Thank you very much

• Like 3