Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Here's a novel idea: How about we not worry about it, and let the park announce it when they decide to announce it? m0112.gif

We're getting so caught up in silly stuff right now. It's not even the end of June, there is no steel onsite, the footers aren't even finished being poured, they're still moving dirt around...we don't even know the name for sure (and some of us *coughmecough* are going to really be disappointed if it's "Banshee")...

...and everyone is acting like a little kid who can't wait until Christmas morning. christmas-gift.gif

Be patient. Wishing they would go ahead and announce it isn't going to make them do it.

This is in fact the 'Starting to Decode 2014' forum isn't it?! Decoding clues like 'no camping' or probable announcement dates doesn't seem silly to me. I'm pretty sure you've been a kid trying to tear off the wrapping as well or you wouldn't be in this forum.

Trying to decode the type of coaster isn't the same as you guys bellyaching and whining about WHEN it's going to be announced!

I'm clearly not whining. It all ties into the 2014 construction. Should we start a 'Starting to Decode the 2014 coaster Rumor' forum? I think that will narrow it down so no one will bring up the announcement date.

• Like 2

When I was a little kid, my family used to drive from Cincinnati to east of Cleveland where my grandparents lived. Back then, it took a good 5-6 hours to make the drive. Somewhere between Columbus and Mansfield I would always inevitably ask "When are we going to get there?" Know what my parents would tell me? "It will still be a few hours. Lie down and go to sleep. When you wake up, we'll be there." Know why they would never tell me? Because they knew it would make me restless, grumpy, and whine a lot if I knew how much longer it would be...and they didn't want to hear it. I don't blame them.

• Like 3

This ride no matter what it is going to be a huge letdown. All the suspense keeps on building it up and when we find out what it is we will be like, its just that?

Mr. negativity strikes again.

Sorry for being honest! You have to admit that if this is not a record breaker you will be disappointed.

• Like 1

For those waiting for when we'll announce what we're building for the future, you might want to grab yourself a Snickers bar. It's going to be awhile. :)

So the new ride will have Snickers train wraps like some Six Flags coasters? :P

This ride no matter what it is going to be a huge letdown. All the suspense keeps on building it up and when we find out what it is we will be like, its just that?

It's true though, to some extent. It happens with almost every coaster installation I have seen the past few years. Park X introduces coaster Y and thus begins the enthusiass complaints.

"The brake run is too long."

"The colours are weird."

"OTSR fail."

"Too short, awful pacing."

"2/10 too many trims."

"With my engineering expertise in No Limits, I can tell you now this ride could have easily been 2000 feet longer with an extra 40 airtime hills."

and so on...

Until the ride opens to generally positive reviews with the consensus being "Great addition to park X, the general public will love it." -_-:rolleyes:

• Like 6

^x4 There is no reason it needs to be a record breaker. See Maverick or RVII as prime examples.

And why not have fun with the speculations? If the park did not want us guessing, Don & his merry bunch would not be giving us clues.

With the exception of the self proclaimed young sexy trolls, this thread is quite enjoyable.

• Like 14

Sorry for being honest! You have to admit that if this is not a record breaker you will be disappointed.

No I won't be disappointed at all if it isn't a record breaker. Diamondback wasn't a national record breaker and most of us here love it. Prowler at WoF wasn't a record breaker and people loved it when it opened and they still love it today. Coasters don't have to be record breakers to be enjoyable. Now go eat a Snickers!

• Like 13

Presented by Snickers?

I sure hope not.

Just a thought.... If it is indeed a paranormal theme then wouldn't it make sense to announce on September the 13th?! Aka Friday the thirteenth..... 'No camping'?

OMG I THINK I DECODED SOMETHING

That's still part of calendar summer....

Hmm... there's also a Friday the 13 in December. But, personally, I think it will be during Halloween Haunt.

When I was a little kid, my family used to drive from Cincinnati to east of Cleveland where my grandparents lived. Back then, it took a good 5-6 hours to make the drive. Somewhere between Columbus and Mansfield I would always inevitably ask "When are we going to get there?" Know what my parents would tell me? "It will still be a few hours. Lie down and go to sleep. When you wake up, we'll be there." Know why they would never tell me? Because they knew it would make me restless, grumpy, and whine a lot if I knew

how much longer it would be...and they didn't want to hear it. I don't blame them.

I feel like SNL based their Debby Downer skit off of you. Im not trying to be rude but your not making much sense. If you don't like this thread, then you can just not click on it. Im sure everybody wants you to enjoy this site, but if you don't like this thread then don't click on it!

• Like 2

For those waiting for when we'll announce what we're building for the future, you might want to grab yourself a Snickers bar. It's going to be awhile. :)

We still have the majority of the 2013 season in front of us. Enjoy it before it passes you by!

Actually, a Sugar Daddy or SlowPoke would last longer!

Record breakers dont mean awesome ride. I305 is amazing yet no records broken.

• Like 1

I sure hope it is not a junk invert like that drawing, that would draw no one to the park, inverts were meant for the 90's, Raptor sucks, all coasters from here on out need to be either launched/300+/90+mph with no inversions or they will just be another coaster, Intamin blows away B&M and it is not even close, nothing will top MF until Intamin builds a 350+, 100+mph coaster.

• Like 2

I sure hope it is not a junk invert like that drawing, that would draw no one to the park, inverts were meant for the 90's, Raptor sucks, all coasters from here on out need to be either launched/300+/90+mph with no inversions or they will just be another coaster, Intamin blows away B&M and it is not even close, nothing will top MF until Intamin builds a 350+, 100+mph coaster.

Be gone! Before someone drops a house on you too!

• Like 14

Guest Department47

This topic is a great example of why this site could really use a "downvote" button, alongside the pre-existing "Like This" option.

• Like 20

And the new attraction WILL do that.

And how.

I hope so, but it's a weird situation. On one hand I want them to build the best ride I've ever ridden, but on the other hand, I don't want to have to wait 6 hours everytime I want to ride it. First world problems.

• Like 8