Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Just to push the conversation along and give us something different to talk about, what should be the target market for this attraction? Why?

Since it's going to be in the Action Zone it should be targeted for thrill seekers IMO. Isn't that what that area supposed to be for? "thrill seekers"?

Or are we in a different era? :blink:

• Like 3

Just to push the conversation along and give us something different to talk about, what should be the target market for this attraction? Why?

Since it's going to be in the Action Zone it should be targeted for thrill seekers IMO. Isn't that what that area supposed to be for? "thrill seekers"?

Or are we in a different era? :blink:

and how do you know for sure its going to be in Action Zone?

Tusk - holding on to that minuet strand of hope for oktoberfest

I was looking at the sight from Delirium a few times yesterday ( whoever posted great views from Delirium was right) and it just seems fitting that the new coaster is going to come out overhead where the water tower was, adding some action into the zone! Just my 2 cent guess.

• Like 1

I was looking at the sight from Delirium a few times yesterday ( whoever posted great views from Delirium was right) and it just seems fitting that the new coaster is going to come out overhead where the water tower was, adding some action into the zone! Just my 2 cent guess.

I was at the park yesterday too! And I thought the same thing. If it is an invert, I think an Immelmann loop right where the White/Red circle is would be amazing!

I am still hoping that they use the name Banshee and would like to see some theming. It could be done very cheap insofar as simply adding old shacks and cabins around the coaster. Go for the wooded, camping theme with the supernatural all around. The theming would be dirt cheap. I would personally love to go flying around mausoleums and what-not but hey, make some shacks that look legit and I can fake it. And I agree with what Maverick did...take your old theme and convert it to something new if you are a cheap *******. They created something from nothing there.

• Like 1

I'm not sure this means much of anything or if I'm entirely off base but I thought I'd throw this out there...

upstop posted some pictures of the construction site a few pages back. I was thumbing through the photos and looked at the tenth photo posted which shows a marker with some letters and numbers on it. I recall that many B&M coasters use a coding system for their footings and supports which uses a combination of letters and numbers (usually some combination of the letters "R", "C", and "L" describing where the supports are to be placed). The coding is usually written near the area where the support will eventually be placed. I believe that the coding on the photo upstop posted reads "C17L".

I was thumbing through old pictures of the Leviathan construction site and noticed that there was a similar marker photo. It's the 15th picture down on the page I've linked to and has "C113L" written on it:

http://www.cwmania.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=242&page=29

To me this strongly suggests that this will be a B&M coaster. What type remains to be seen, but I think this is a pretty clear giveaway.

• Like 9

I'm not sure this means much of anything or if I'm entirely off base but I thought I'd throw this out there...

upstop posted some pictures of the construction site a few pages back. I was thumbing through the photos and looked at the tenth photo posted which shows a marker with some letters and numbers on it. I recall that many B&M coasters use a coding system for their footings and supports which uses a combination of letters and numbers (usually some combination of the letters "R", "C", and "L" describing where the supports are to be placed). The coding is usually written near the area where the support will eventually be placed. I believe that the coding on the photo upstop posted reads "C17L".

I was thumbing through old pictures of the Leviathan construction site and noticed that there was a similar marker photo. It's the 15th picture down on the page I've linked to and has "C113L" written on it:

To me this strongly suggests that this will be a B&M coaster. What type remains to be seen, but I think this is a pretty clear giveaway.

Yay for actual decoding! :P

• Like 12

That make a lot of sense. I've thought its going to be a B&M most of the time because of what Mr. Ouimet said about giving B&M another project.

I know some people will say thats not enough evidence, but thats just what I think.

• Like 1

I really don't get why this is such a big deal anyways. It's just a roller coaster. A coaster is a coaster.

*GASP* b0703.gif

Kinda like a flat ride is just a flat ride, huh?

I meant, why do we need to argue about what type of coaster it is? They're all roller coasters. I just think it's silly we've been arguing with each other about what a hypercoaster is.

• Like 1

I really don't get why this is such a big deal anyways. It's just a roller coaster. A coaster is a coaster.

*GASP* b0703.gif

I meant, why do we need to argue about what type of coaster it is? They're all roller coasters. I just think it's silly we've been arguing with each other about what a hypercoaster is.

Oh, I agree it's silly to argue about what a hypercoaster is. I thought you meant all coasters were the same.

After looking at the footers in this pic, it makes me think even more that its going to be an invert

022~7.JPG

Picture link broken. Didn't show anything.

http://www.cwmania.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=242&page=10 7th pic

All I see is a grid of pictures...they aren't numbered. What do you mean by "7th pic"?

*GASP* b0703.gif

I agree in principle that it would be silly to argue about such a topic.

That being said, I don't believe there was ever an argument about the classification of hyper coasters, rather open discussion. People might have different view points, but isn't that something to appreciate about this site?

I really do like to hear what you guys and gals have to say about your own Kings Island experience, as well as your ideas for the park.

Healthy debate is a catalyst for intriguing conversation.

• Like 3

*GASP* b0703.gif

I agree in principle that it would be silly to argue about such a topic.

That being said, I don't believe there was ever an argument about the classification of hyper coasters, rather open discussion. People might have different view points, but isn't that something to appreciate about this site?

I really do like to hear what you guys and gals have to say about your own Kings Island experience, as well as your ideas for the park.

Healthy debate is a catalyst for intriguing conversation.

Enough of that BS. We argue here and you know it. Sure there's good discussion but there's been a lot of arguing the past couple of weeks.

Sorry for coming off rude but it's getting irritating now. Carry on decoding.

• Like 2

Here is what I've gathered from the last couple weeks of developments.

I think we can undeniably say it's a BM at this point.

We have:

-indents in the concrete and bolt patterns similar to supports on other BM coasters

-markings consistent with other BM codes

-track outside the plant in Batavia that may or may not be destined for Kings Island

What we're debating:

-type of ride (giga, invert, dive, floorless, wing)

-direction of lift hill and layout in general

-name, color scheme, theme

Is that the general run down or did I miss something?

• Like 4