Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Here is what I've gathered from the last couple weeks of developments.

I think we can undeniably say it's a BM at this point.

We have:

-indents in the concrete and bolt patterns similar to supports on other BM coasters

-markings consistent with other BM codes

-track outside the plant in Batavia that may or may not be destined for Kings Island

What we're debating:

-type of ride (giga, invert, dive, floorless, wing)

-direction of lift hill and layout in general

-name, color scheme, theme

Is that the general run down or did I miss something?

Sounds right to me

Does anyone have a remote of a clue to if this coaster will go past Adventure Express in any way?

^ I was wondering about this because it seems they cut down a few trees to the left of the line of Adventure Express. Now, this could of course be for basic maintenance, however something could run next to it, but that would be a tight window. Although, if that's the case this coaster will indeed be massive. I will say, imo, I think that to be highly unlikely.

• Like 2

Also, we have yet to conclude if it is just one coaster.

You mean like dueling/racing coasters? I'd think that would cost a lot more than what CF is willing to spend right now. Besides, we only see the footers for what appears to be one storage shed, transfer track, and station.

I'm not saying it's outside the realm of possibilities....but highly unlikely.

• Like 1

Since the King Cobra footings still remain even with the proximity of other construction. Any chance that they will be reused for the new ride. I know it's been done before Verbolten as example but not sure B&M has ever done that. Granted that's assuming this is a B&M project.

^^ I never want to say impossible, but......

Think of this: as a coaster manufacturer, would you put your stamp of approval on something that you did not oversee the construction of & something that is over a couple decades old?

Then there is that pesky bolt hole pattern,,,,,

• Like 1

^What about it? The OP of the pictures pointed it out. It's just a fourth third triangle. (Thanks Jayblazer)

I like how close the footers are getting to the midway. The people who want the coaster going to where the water tower stood may be getting their wish. Even if it doesn't, coasters close to the midway are always more exciting.

• Like 2

Did this jump out to anyone else?

f2v795.jpg

That, and the smaller footers making a circular type pattern to the right of that.

I wonder why the KC footers remain? Perhaps if they are keeping the service road there, they will use that for support for some type of cover.

• Like 3

It is almost july. There is no new b&m track at the factory. Its pointing to a intamin.

Right. Because there aren't hundreds of other manufacturers out there like Zierer, Gerstlauer, PTC, RMC, Premier, or Vekoma that could be creating this coaster.

Neither of you seemed to mention Mack Rides, which is a company that I haven't heard quite a few of you name. Remember, Cedar Fair did install a Mack wild mouse coaster at Knotts last year and it sure was a Coast Rider! Along with that, Mack is also kind-of into the dark ride business...Amusement Dark anyone?

Not saying it would be a wild-mouse, just throwing out the idea of getting a Mack ride in general, whether that be a wild mouse or launched coaster or even a Mack dark ride.

You can throw the Theming out the door, because sadly.. this isn't Paramount anymore.

Do we really think there will be less theming? Curious what everybody thinks. Maybe the background with Disney will change that. The area they're building in seems perfect for theming.

Possibly. But we can't be for sure of that since Gatekeeper didn't really have that much themeing unless you consider going through the Keyholes...

Something tells me he wants this to be better than Gatekeeper. The location screams theming

• Like 2

I was watching an old episode of Insane Coaster Wars that had Medusa From Six Flags Discovery Kingdom when I noticed it used a similar triangle footing. So B&M does do those types of footings and could this mean it's a floorless? They used it's on Medusa when it on the dive loop.

287736_10151361338726133_1688124165_o.jp

You can see those footings for the main dive loop supports and at the bottom of the dive loop.

• Like 2

I was watching an old episode of Insane Coaster Wars that had Medusa From Six Flags Discovery Kingdom when I noticed it used a similar triangle footing. So B&M does do those types of footings and could this mean it's a floorless? They used it's on Medusa when it on the dive loop.

Lots of different types have these. Diamondback has one under the hammerhead turn for example.

• Like 1

Went to KI today and took a look from the telescopes atop the Eiffel Tower. Lots of rebar at the end of Flight Deck's helix as well as digging going on further down the hill. Those footers are HUGE. There was also this weird green pipe thing sticking up close to Delirium.

Lots of different types have these. Diamondback has one under the hammerhead turn for example.

Your right, but I would be suprised if they build something like Diamondback, so thats why I said could it be a Floorless. I know Canada's Wonderland did get a giga when they had a hyper, but I think they might do something like Hydra at Dorney. Look at the footing from Medusa, it has a similar bolt line up as what this new ride's footings. I believe those footings near Sling Shot are for an Inversion.

• Like 1

I wonder if some of those footings in the recent pictures could be for lamp posts too, for lighting up the ride and que line.

If you look at the true size of these footers, you can tell they're most likely not for lights. Lighting would use a much smaller foundation.. However, they will probably have a sign and possibly theming on a few footers somewhere..

• Like 1

Went to KI today and took a look from the telescopes atop the Eiffel Tower. Lots of rebar at the end of Flight Deck's helix as well as digging going on further down the hill. Those footers are HUGE. There was also this weird green pipe thing sticking up close to Delirium.

That's a man hole. Aka. sewer line.
  • Like 1

287736_10151361338726133_1688124165_o.jp

You can see those footings for the main dive loop supports and at the bottom of the dive loop.

Oh Please let it be a Floorless! I would be so happy if Kings Island gets a Floorless!

• Like 9