Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

I was watching an old episode of Insane Coaster Wars that had Medusa From Six Flags Discovery Kingdom when I noticed it used a similar triangle footing. So B&M does do those types of footings and could this mean it's a floorless? They used it's on Medusa when it on the dive loop.

287736_10151361338726133_1688124165_o.jp

You can see those footings for the main dive loop supports and at the bottom of the dive loop.

Those same Triangular footings are on Leviathan, Intimidator, and Diamondback. I still lean towards an invert due to the parallel footings

Hi I just made an account, but have been following this forum for quite some time now. I wanted to say while I was at the park today I spoke to a worker, who just got off work and was riding alone on flight deck. I talked to him on the ride and he said he worked as a chef and made/served food at the park. I asked if he knew anything about what was going on and what KI was building. He said he had no clue, but heard that whatever it is, the WHOLE project might not be completed until 2016. He also stated that he heard they might tear down flight deck to make room for the park expansion.

I'm not saying this guy has any clue what he's talking about... but maybe this project is just the beginning of something big & whole expansion wont be completed until 2016.Who knows. I'm just glad something exciting is going on at the park.

• Like 4

I think now that those may be footers for a balloon dart game. I for one will be hitting it up at 10am when it opens...so I can carry a obnoxious 20 ft. Python around all day to annoy you all in line. Look at me bros and bras...

Best speculation on all 151 pages so far!!!

• Like 8

I'm going to throw a monkey wrench about something I potentially see. In thinking outside the box, what if, perhaps, the ride's end could be coming from the direction of Adventure Express instead of going into the lift, and the station is facing towards the old SOB site instead of towards Action Zone?

In other words, reverse the direction of previous drawings and sketch ups. Remember, we still have yet to see how the footers down in the valley line up.

Hi I just made an account, but have been following this forum for quite some time now. I wanted to say while I was at the park today I spoke to a worker, who just got off work and was riding alone on flight deck. I talked to him on the ride and he said he worked as a chef and made/served food at the park. I asked if he knew anything about what was going on and what KI was building. He said he had no clue, but heard that whatever it is, the WHOLE project might not be completed until 2016. He also stated that he heard they might tear down flight deck to make room for the park expansion.

I'm not saying this guy has any clue what he's talking about... but maybe this project is just the beginning of something big & whole expansion wont be completed until 2016.Who knows. I'm just glad something exciting is going on at the park.

It's conceivably possible that they are building an entire new section to the park, and that the whole section won't be completed until 2016....but I highly doubt it's going to take that long to build the new coaster. It's more likely the coaster is just the first attraction to be built in that section.

...assuming what this guy told you was true.

• Like 3

Sorry...double post.

I'm going to throw a monkey wrench about something I potentially see. In thinking outside the box, what if, perhaps, the ride's end could be coming from the direction of Adventure Express instead of going into the lift, and the station is facing towards the old SOB site instead of towards Action Zone?

In other words, reverse the direction of previous drawings and sketch ups. Remember, we still have yet to see how the footers down in the valley line up.

Several members (including myself) already mentioned that idea several pages back in the discussion. Our thoughts were effectively dismissed when someone pointed out the location of the storage shed and transfer track.

I have trouble seeing anything from any of the pictures. I really don't know - and don't care - about the shape of footings and such.

So let me ask....

If, indeed, a coaster from Cedar Point were to be transplanted in this space at King's Island, which one would it be?

This could be a possibility, as people on this site have mentioned that a transplant was going to take place. That would help explain the hush-hush of whatever is coming -----Cedar Point doesn't want to announce a coaster is leaving until the last possible minute, therefore, King's Island won't/can't make an announcement until The Point makes theirs.

Also remember - supposedly the Gatekeeper was to be somewhere else in the park before it gained its current locale. Quite possibly a different machine is going to be installed in the original Gatekeeper spot and another coaster would need to be removed to make room for it.

As far as out-of-the-box thinking goes, this is so far out, it's in it's own box - but, it is a possibility.

• Like 2

It's conceivably possible that they are building an entire new section to the park, and that the whole section won't be completed until 2016....but I highly doubt it's going to take that long to build the new coaster. It's more likely the coaster is just the first attraction to be built in that section.

...assuming what this guy told you was true.

Right. He could know nothing & made up whole thing.... But he seemed like he knew what he was talking about.... Oh well. I'm hoping this coaster (or whatever it may be) is the start of new expansion to Kings Island. I would love to see a new area coming in the next few years

Just got back from the park and am now really excited for what ever this is.

Footers have been poured down that hill into the old SOB site

9139098172_e5f12dc0f5.jpg

and another triangle frame has appeared.

9139091974_904bbc4056.jpg

Also, what the heck are these things outside Flight of Fear?

9139086586_c8933eb464.jpg

:blink: Exciting day!

Look at Picture 15, this area is for King's Island new record breaking Giga coaster! And the lot with footers is for there new 600 foot inverted rollercoaster! ...... I wish :rolleyes:

I was watching an old episode of Insane Coaster Wars that had Medusa From Six Flags Discovery Kingdom when I noticed it used a similar triangle footing. So B&M does do those types of footings and could this mean it's a floorless? They used it's on Medusa when it on the dive loop.

287736_10151361338726133_1688124165_o.jp

You can see those footings for the main dive loop supports and at the bottom of the dive loop.

Oh Please let it be a Floorless! I would be so happy if Kings Island gets a Floorless!

I'm with You!

Since the King Cobra footings still remain even with the proximity of other construction. Any chance that they will be reused for the new ride.

I think they'll remain just because there's no point in removing them. They're doing no harm and IMO, look kinda cool.

• Like 9

I have trouble seeing anything from any of the pictures. I really don't know - and don't care - about the shape of footings and such.

So let me ask....

If, indeed, a coaster from Cedar Point were to be transplanted in this space at King's Island, which one would it be?

This could be a possibility, as people on this site have mentioned that a transplant was going to take place. That would help explain the hush-hush of whatever is coming -----Cedar Point doesn't want to announce a coaster is leaving until the last possible minute, therefore, King's Island won't/can't make an announcement until The Point makes theirs.

Also remember - supposedly the Gatekeeper was to be somewhere else in the park before it gained its current locale. Quite possibly a different machine is going to be installed in the original Gatekeeper spot and another coaster would need to be removed to make room for it.

As far as out-of-the-box thinking goes, this is so far out, it's in it's own box - but, it is a possibility.

I don't think Cedar Point would send any of there coasters to King's Island considering that SFMM Just beat them with the coaster count...

• Like 1

So let me ask....

I don't think Cedar Point would send any of there coasters to King's Island considering that SFMM Just beat them with the coaster count...

I don't Cedar Fair's current management cares, to be perfectly honest.

• Like 13

I definitely think all those paired footers look like they'll be for A-frames similar to an inverted coaster. I don't see a pattern like that on any B&M coaster above the track.

Yes, but do you see those footer patterns on any B&M coaster below the track?

LordSkippy, being totally logical.

• Like 6

So let me ask....

For Cedar Point to fork out $30 million on Gatekeeper, but then give us another transplant, would be a MAJOR slap in KI's face. I'd lose all respect for the company.

I have never thought of that! But the points you make do sound logical. I would probably say Magnum XL. I dont think it fits well but its the best of all of them. Raptor would also fit well but its not old enough to be moved.

Why would they give us Magnum when we already have Diamondback??

• Like 3