Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

I definitely think all those paired footers look like they'll be for A-frames similar to an inverted coaster. I don't see a pattern like that on any B&M coaster above the track.

what paired footers, there aren't that many, the real action is going to take place where all the land is cleared, if it is anything but a giga, i'll be suprised

I ask this to people who have been to more parks that I have been to:

Are there any B&M hypers (or other coasters) that have ejector air anywhere close to Magnum's greatness? Airtime that makes you go "whoa."

I have yet to be on one.

Neither have I. However, unfortunately the ejector air on Magnum makes me go "whoa" in a bad way.

In other words, it hurts like he**/heck!

I have trouble seeing anything from any of the pictures. I really don't know - and don't care - about the shape of footings and such.

So let me ask....

If, indeed, a coaster from Cedar Point were to be transplanted in this space at King's Island, which one would it be?

This could be a possibility, as people on this site have mentioned that a transplant was going to take place. That would help explain the hush-hush of whatever is coming -----Cedar Point doesn't want to announce a coaster is leaving until the last possible minute, therefore, King's Island won't/can't make an announcement until The Point makes theirs.

Also remember - supposedly the Gatekeeper was to be somewhere else in the park before it gained its current locale. Quite possibly a different machine is going to be installed in the original Gatekeeper spot and another coaster would need to be removed to make room for it.

As far as out-of-the-box thinking goes, this is so far out, it's in it's own box - but, it is a possibility.

For Cedar Point to fork out $30 million on Gatekeeper, but then give us another transplant, would be a MAJOR slap in KI's face. I'd lose all respect for the company.

If that happened I would officially call Cedar Point the "coach's son" of Cedar Fair.

If it already isn't...

Just got back from the park and am now really excited for what ever this is.

Footers have been poured down that hill into the old SOB site

Got inspired to join and add my own opinion to the fray. Used one of your pictures with photoshop and google maps to do some figuring, and, at least IMO, there's no way its a giga. Here's why I've come up with this:

9142000810_be827972b6_c.jpg

I think the train leaves the station following the red line going left and down through the curve and between the rectangular footers. This should be the start of the lift. Using google maps, the distance between this point and the old KC round footers is right around 200 foot. Probably a little less. Even if you assume a really steep 45 degree lift, that just puts you at a height of 200 foot. Just beyond on this line about 50-75 foot away is Adventure Express, making it impractical to continue the lift any further. I believe most of the B&M inverts are closer to a 35 degree angle which puts the lift height increase of 140 foot. Add in the starting distance off the ground and you are probably looking into a height no higher than 150-160 foot. That fits more into the typical invert range.

Granted, my guess at the lift direction could be wrong, but given everything we've seen so far, I think we are in for an invert.

• Like 8

And you can tell by how? No one on here really knows what type of roller coaster this is. Except for a certain PR director, but he won't tell. :P

There are more people that know than just Don.

I realized that after I posted it and Beast1979 was kind enough to to tell me.

Are there any B&M hypers (or other coasters) that have ejector air anywhere close to Magnum's greatness? Airtime that makes you go "whoa."

I have yet to be on one.

Intimidator 305, Skyrush, Bizarro (SFNE), El Toro, T-Express, Jack Rabbit (Kennywood), Phantoms Revenge, Zeus, and Outlaw Run for the starters.

• Like 3

Just got back from the park and am now really excited for what ever this is.

Footers have been poured down that hill into the old SOB site

Got inspired to join and add my own opinion to the fray. Used one of your pictures with photoshop and google maps to do some figuring, and, at least IMO, there's no way its a giga. Here's why I've come up with this:

9142000810_be827972b6_c.jpg

I think the train leaves the station following the red line going left and down through the curve and between the rectangular footers. This should be the start of the lift. Using google maps, the distance between this point and the old KC round footers is right around 200 foot. Probably a little less. Even if you assume a really steep 45 degree lift, that just puts you at a height of 200 foot. Just beyond on this line about 50-75 foot away is Adventure Express, making it impractical to continue the lift any further. I believe most of the B&M inverts are closer to a 35 degree angle which puts the lift height increase of 140 foot. Add in the starting distance off the ground and you are probably looking into a height no higher than 150-160 foot. That fits more into the typical invert range.

Granted, my guess at the lift direction could be wrong, but given everything we've seen so far, I think we are in for an invert.

Great theory, but what if it goes the other way. Say the part that we think of as the transfer track is the station, and the transfer track footers have not been poured. Who is to say the lift doesn't go out into the valley of the old SOB location. Maybe all the footers like the triangles ones are for finishing elements to the ride cycle. Just another way of looking at it. I enjoy trying to guess. Just can't wait until we get offical news though :)

• Like 3

I definitely think all those paired footers look like they'll be for A-frames similar to an inverted coaster. I don't see a pattern like that on any B&M coaster above the track.

what paired footers, there aren't that many, the real action is going to take place where all the land is cleared, if it is anything but a giga, i'll be suprised

Ok, look by what will probably be the station and train shed area. The set of footers which will support the main track IMO have footers which will have supports on both sides of the track, which means it would be for an inverted coaster as all B&M inverted and flying coasters have those A-frame type of supports for the final brakes/train shed/station. Sit downs of any kind have single tube supports at those areas. Go compare the supports of ANY inverted coaster to any sit down coaster at those specific areas and you'll see what I mean.

• Like 1

I have yet to be on one.

Goliath at SFoG gives you a very good amount of airtime. It's not Magnum ejector, but it's a surprising low end ejector or very strong floater.

• Like 1

I have yet to be on one.

Neither have I. However, unfortunately the ejector air on Magnum makes me go "whoa" in a bad way.

In other words, it hurts like he**/heck!

Thats the one thing I remember about Magnum. How painful some of those small hills are at the end. Don't get me wrong it's a great coaster, but those hills absolutely kill me.

• Like 1

I can't help but think something like Maverick at the point would fit nicely into the construction zone. I can definitely see a similar ride built there and themed to fit the Banshee name it's apparently getting. The only thing is, if it's indeed named Bandhee, I'm assuming the station will somehow reflect the name, and won't really fit into Action Zone at all. Could we be looking at a Halloween section of the park? That'd be a bit odd I must say... Maybe we could have a giant pumpkin like in Halloweentown haha!

• Like 2

I have yet to be on one.

Intimidator 305, Skyrush, Bizarro (SFNE), El Toro, T-Express, Jack Rabbit (Kennywood), Phantoms Revenge, Zeus, and Outlaw Run for the starters.

Don't forget Tornado at Stricker's Grove. ;)

EDIT: Oh, and how can we forget Maverick?

• Like 3

For those waiting for when we'll announce what we're building for the future, you might want to grab yourself a Snickers bar. It's going to be awhile. :)

We still have the majority of the 2013 season in front of us. Enjoy it before it passes you by!

WOW- did anyone happen to catch all the clues in his comment???

For those waiting... Obviously talking to people that go to the park.. and there'll be "waiting" involved. Clearly a ride that has a line.

Announce what we're building for the future... seems to be some reference to a "building"- so I'm betting its indoors. and it may open in the future.

Grab yourself a Snickers bar- product placement. Snickers is obviously going to be the sponsor of ride- because it will really satisfy you!

Going to be a while- the thrills will be so thrilling that the thrill will stick with you for a while.

So- by my estimation through analyzing every word from Don- Kings Island IS building something. It will be in the future. Built inside a building, sponsored by Snickers- who is owned by the Mars Corporation (and before someone corrects me its actually Mars, Inc.)- and placed in an expanded X-base area as a Mars themed roller coaster that is 250 feet tall (a reference to the number of calories in a typical Snickers Bar). Since it will be sponsored by Snickers, they will have their slogan all over the line turnstyles with the mid-90's slogan: "Not going anywhere for a while? Grab a Snickers." And obviously built by B&M... because for some who's tummys can't handle "spicy" milk the milk chocolate will spur a B.... well, never mind.

Solved. Decoded.

Swish. Nothing but net.

Dwight fashioning his best trolling persona...

(i wasted a lot of time on that sarcasm... hope someone enjoyed it. back to work)

• Like 21

For those waiting for when we'll announce what we're building for the future, you might want to grab yourself a Snickers bar. It's going to be awhile. :)

We still have the majority of the 2013 season in front of us. Enjoy it before it passes you by!

WOW- did anyone happen to catch all the clues in his comment???

For those waiting... Obviously talking to people that go to the park.. and there'll be "waiting" involved. Clearly a ride that has a line.

Announce what we're building for the future... seems to be some reference to a "building"- so I'm betting its indoors. and it may open in the future.

Grab yourself a Snickers bar- product placement. Snickers is obviously going to be the sponsor of ride- because it will really satisfy you!

Going to be a while- the thrills will be so thrilling that the thrill will stick with you for a while.

So- by my estimation through analyzing every word from Don- Kings Island IS building something. It will be in the future. Built inside a building, sponsored by Snickers- who is owned by the Mars Corporation (and before someone corrects me its actually Mars, Inc.)- and placed in an expanded X-base area as a Mars themed roller coaster that is 250 feet tall (a reference to the number of calories in a typical Snickers Bar). Since it will be sponsored by Snickers, they will have their slogan all over the line turnstyles with the mid-90's slogan: "Not going anywhere for a while? Grab a Snickers." And obviously built by B&M... because for some who's tummys can't handle "spicy" milk the milk chocolate will spur a B.... well, never mind.

Solved. Decoded.

Swish. Nothing but net.

Dwight fashioning his best trolling persona...

(i wasted a lot of time on that sarcasm... hope someone enjoyed it. back to work)

Elementary, my dear Watson.

Please don't shoot down my thoughts, but let's really think, we absolutely know this is not going to be a wooden coaster, based on the footers and the fact that KI PR is saying, "they are building towards the future". Woodies are classic rides so I think that a wooden roller coaster is definitely ruled out. So hopefully KI is working on a coaster that will be new to most riders. I.e, a 4 dimensional coaster,or some other special coaster.

:ph34r: Some off-the-wall decoding.

I ran "Snickers Bar" through an online anagram generator. Here are some results, and some fun speculation surrounding them...

Cranes Brisk

Will it be during the brisk, autumn days, when the cranes are in place, that we'll get the announcement?

Races Brinks

An armored-car, racing steel coaster? Or will the new ride come to the brink of "touching" The Racer?

Acres Brinks

Will the ride cover so much land, that it would take a Brinks truck full of money to pay for the construction?
Scares Brink

Maybe the ride brings you to the brink of a huge drop, and holds you there while the building anticipation scares riders?

I'd go on, but the dang thing came up with a lot more, and most of them are even more of a stretch.

• Like 4

Please don't shoot down my thoughts, but let's really think, we absolutely know this is not going to be a wooden coaster, based on the footers and the fact that KI PR is saying, "they are building towards the future". Woodies are classic rides so I think that a wooden roller coaster is definitely ruled out. So hopefully KI is working on a coaster that will be new to most riders. I.e, a 4 dimensional coaster,or some other special coaster.

So, a Hades 360 or Texas Giant type woodie would not be woddie of the future?

• Like 1