Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Please don't shoot down my thoughts, but let's really think, we absolutely know this is not going to be a wooden coaster, based on the footers and the fact that KI PR is saying, "they are building towards the future". Woodies are classic rides so I think that a wooden roller coaster is definitely ruled out. So hopefully KI is working on a coaster that will be new to most riders. I.e, a 4 dimensional coaster,or some other special coaster.

So, a Hades 360 or Texas Giant type woodie would not be woddie of the future?

Well you also have to keep in mind. KI more than likely wants to get rid of the bad PR about the wooden roller coaster.
  • Like 1

I hope its not a b&m. As far as hypers/gigas, Intamin is leaps ahead on B&M in the ride quality. Even the Supes at darian lake and sif flags America is better than any b&m hyper in the states(I hade rode them all).

As far as an invert, a Launched intamin breaking Wicked twister's of 72mph and it be a full layout would be unbelievable.

Please don't shoot down my thoughts, but let's really think, we absolutely know this is not going to be a wooden coaster, based on the footers and the fact that KI PR is saying, "they are building towards the future". Woodies are classic rides so I think that a wooden roller coaster is definitely ruled out. So hopefully KI is working on a coaster that will be new to most riders. I.e, a 4 dimensional coaster,or some other special coaster.

So, a Hades 360 or Texas Giant type woodie would not be woddie of the future?

Well you also have to keep in mind. KI more than likely wants to get rid of the bad PR about the wooden roller coaster.

If it was me I would not put another wood coaster in that spot, but I was only referring to your woddie comment and a coaster that will be new to most riders. Any new coaster no matter the type will be new to all riders if you want to get technical. I think the next coaster KI needs (besides whatever this project turns out to be) is a newer state of the art type woddie!

The subject of the e-mail newsletter sent out by the park today is "Summer flies by. Sometimes at record speed."

Perhaps it's another subtle hint. Or perhaps it's not. Maybe it will end up being the fastest ${type of ride} in ${region of the country} that is themed to ${type of evil phenomenon}.

• Like 2

You guys seem to be overlooking the "flies by" part. This could be a record-setting flying coaster. Yes, we already have Firehawk, but somehow that just seems like a temporary thing they gave us to tide us over. I mean, think about it....they put it in a somewhat obscure location tucked behind FoF on the other side of The Racer. I've always said they tossed us a bone by giving it to us. It might just be they tossed us that bone as a way of keeping us satisfied for a while until we got hungry again...

...for something more than a bone. Perhaps for a Snickers bar. And doesn't one of the Snickers slogans pertain to satisfying your hunger?

AND....if they name the coaster "Banshee" (again, t9403.gif), wouldn't that work more with a flying coaster as opposed to an invert, giga (t2107.gif), or floorless since Banshees are spirits, and spirits generally fly?

-signed,

SecondSon, who's trying to make an attempt at decoding, even though he's not very good at it.

• Like 3

I hope its not a b&m. As far as hypers/gigas, Intamin is leaps ahead on B&M in the ride quality. Even the Supes at darian lake and sif flags America is better than any b&m hyper in the states(I hade rode them all).

As far as an invert, a Launched intamin breaking Wicked twister's of 72mph and it be a full layout would be unbelievable.

Yeah, an Intamin hyper is not going to happen, especially with all the bad publicity Superman: RoS has at Darian Lake, I mean people have fallen out of it for crying out loud, regardless of whether they should have been allowed to ride or not.

Add in the poor capacity and the bad Intamin clamshell restraints that are very restrictive, not going to happen pal.

• Like 1

You guys seem to be overlooking the "flies by" part. This could be a record-setting flying coaster. Yes, we already have Firehawk, but somehow that just seems like a temporary thing they gave us to tide us over. I mean, think about it....they put it in a somewhat obscure location tucked behind FoF on the other side of The Racer. I've always said they tossed us a bone by giving it to us. It might just be they tossed us that bone as a way of keeping us satisfied for a while until we got hungry again...

...for something more than a bone. Perhaps for a Snickers bar. And doesn't one of the Snickers slogans pertain to satisfying your hunger?

That's an awfully expensive bone, wouldn't you say?
  • Like 1

That's an awfully expensive bone, wouldn't you say?

Maybe. How much did it cost to relocate it?

The subject of the e-mail newsletter sent out by the park today is "Summer flies by. Sometimes at record speed."

Perhaps it's another subtle hint. Or perhaps it's not.

Couldn't this be simply to state that this project is the most expensive project ever taken on at either KI or Cedar Fair?

AND....if they name the coaster "Banshee" (again, t9403.gif), wouldn't that work more with a flying coaster as opposed to an invert, giga (t2107.gif), or floorless since Banshees are spirits, and spirits generally fly?

-signed,

SecondSon, who's trying to make an attempt at decoding, even though he's not very good at it.

Firehawk?...Temporary?....

It was added to Kings Island's coaster line-up in 2007 and is still there. Besides, why would Kings Island spend the money of putting such a massive coaster in if it were only temporary?

• Like 2

Are there any other parks which have installed expensive rides, just to turn around and remove them later?

Besides, I'm just pointing out that part of the e-newsletter title referred to summer flying by. IF it's a clue (and I'm not actually saying it is...I'm just playing the guessing game), we can't ignore that part of it just because the other part says "at record speed".

When you say ride quality are you talking about ride reliability or ride experience?

When it comes to reliability it seem everyone I have talk to in the industry agrees that goes to B&M.

I agree that Intamin does take risks to get a new ride experience,but I am personally not been all that impressed with the Intamin coasters I have ridden.

• Like 1

The subject of the e-mail newsletter sent out by the park today is "Summer flies by. Sometimes at record speed."Perhaps it's another subtle hint. Or perhaps it's not. Maybe it will end up being the fastest ${type of ride} in ${region of the country} that is themed to ${type of evil phenomenon}.

Michigan's Adventure sent out an email with the same subject line.

• Like 1

When you say ride quality are you talking about ride reliability or ride experience?

When it comes to reliability it seem everyone I have talk to in the industry agrees that goes to B&M.

I agree that Intamin does take risks to get a new ride experience,but I am personally not been all that impressed with the Intamin coasters I have ridden

What Intamin's have you rode that wasn't impressive?

Two things....

1. - Mr. Quimet said no wing rider coasters for 2014. If this project is actually gonna take longer than one year to complete, the ride wouldn't open until 2015.

2. - The enjoy it while you can comment from Don leads me to believe that something is gonna be removed to make way for whatever the new project entails.

Now, sit back, think about these two things, and ponder the fuzz in your navel!

• Like 2

The subject of the e-mail newsletter sent out by the park today is "Summer flies by. Sometimes at record speed."Perhaps it's another subtle hint. Or perhaps it's not. Maybe it will end up being the fastest ${type of ride} in ${region of the country} that is themed to ${type of evil phenomenon}.

Michigan's Adventure sent out an email with the same subject line.

Well then, there ya' go. Perhaps we all just have some very active imaginations. But sometimes an apple is just an apple.

And sometimes a Snickers bar is just a Snickers bar.

It seems the problem we have is that too many people are trying to turn an apple into a Snickers bar. I'm sure Don doesn't fill his days thinking of clever ways to disguise hints in ordinary statements. He's not a poet. He's a PR rep.

• Like 2

Two things....

1. - Mr. Quimet said no wing rider coasters for 2014. If this project is actually gonna take longer than one year to complete, the ride wouldn't open until 2015.

2. - The enjoy it while you can comment from Don leads me to believe that something is gonna be removed to make way for whatever the new project entails.

Now, sit back, think about these two things, and ponder the fuzz in your navel!

SOB and Thunder Alley, were obviously already removed. What else could be taken out. I don't think they would remove Top Gun, with this new ride, it would bring more traffic to the area, as someone stated earlier.

You all need to relax. In the absence of any real developments, you guys are driving yourselves mad with increasingly insane ideas and approaching paranoia in regards to what is and is not a "hint." If everyone took a deep breath and stood back for a minute to look at the last few days of discussion on here, you might see how mad this has gotten.

I suggest everyone here exercise some patience, and try not to fill the time with contests to see who can have the most absurd theory. In time, things will start to come together. Keep an eye on construction, enjoy the summer, and for the love of all things good, when you feel a need to "decode", use some common sense.

• Like 11