Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

You all need to relax. In the absence of any real developments, you guys are driving yourselves mad with increasingly insane ideas and approaching paranoia in regards to what is and is not a "hint." If everyone took a deep breath and stood back for a minute to look at the last few days of discussion on here, you might see how mad this has gotten.

I suggest everyone here exercise some patience, and try not to fill the time with contests to see who can have the most absurd theory. In time, things will start to come together. Keep an eye on construction, enjoy the summer, and for the love of all things good, when you feel a need to "decode", use some common sense.

Define "common sense". YOUR definition.

I don't think people are approaching paranoia or posting insane ideas. I think we're trying to decode the 2014 Project.

• Like 2

I think the two coaster idea is impractical. Unless one is a kiddie/throwaway/cheap coaster, there is almost no reason to open two in one year. Look how many years it is after Diamondback before we are getting a new one. These things take time to pay off and they need repeat visits to pay them off. If you live a long way away and they put two in the same year you can get them both with one trip. Build them a couple years apart and enthusiasts make two trips. If they are indeed going to build two, they more likely would open one in 2014 and the second in 2015 or 2016. Maybe thats where these three year rumors are coming from. Open a Banshee invert in 2014. in 15 either do nothing, a small upgrade elsewhere, or flesh out a new area/expanded Action Zone. And in 16 open a giga or whatever.

I hope its not a b&m. As far as hypers/gigas, Intamin is leaps ahead on B&M in the ride quality. Even the Supes at darian lake and sif flags America is better than any b&m hyper in the states(I hade rode them all).

As far as an invert, a Launched intamin breaking Wicked twister's of 72mph and it be a full layout would be unbelievable.

When you say ride quality are you talking about ride reliability or ride experience?

When it comes to reliability it seem everyone I have talk to in the industry agrees that goes to B&M.

I agree that Intamin does take risks to get a new ride experience,but I am personally not been all that impressed with the Intamin coasters I have ridden.

Intamin blows away B&M

• Like 5

Well, you kind of just made a statement with no rhyme or reason. For example, how can you tell with the given evidence that its a giga? It kind of comes out of left field just making the statement "Looks like a giga" and not say anything else.

• Like 2

You know, I'm really getting kinda p!ssed off about this thread. On one hand people b!tch, gripe, and moan because no one is actually decoding. But then when some of us start throwing ideas out there, we're confronted and made to feel we're wrong and/or posting insane ideas.

Screw it. I'm done with this joke of a thread. I'll wait until the actual announcement before adding any other thoughts about the project.

• Like 7

Every intamin I have been on has blown away other manufactures. I find it very hard to understand how indy guy has not been impressed with the intamins he has been on unless he has only been on a inverted shuttle coaster, and those are verry thrilling as well! I think he's trolling.

Well, you kind of just made a statement with no rhyme or reason. For example, how can you tell with the given evidence that its a giga? It kind of comes out of left field just making the statement "Looks like a giga" and not say anything else.

I am just saying that based on CF's pattern since they started installing hypers in 08. CP has a giga, KD giga, CW giga, KI's turn next year would make sense. Just looking at the amount of land that is clear, the ride it is replacing, and the natural progression of things makes me believe that it will be a giga and not a dated invert.

• Like 1

Every intamin I have been on has blown away other manufactures. I find it very hard to understand how indy guy has not been impressed with the intamins he has been on unless he has only been on a inverted shuttle coaster, and those are verry thrilling as well! I think he's trolling.

Roller coasters don't have a 100% guarantee that they will thrill everyone, and he didn't wasn't impressed by the Intamin rides he's been on. It probably means he's been on a lot of coasters.

Personally though, if you've been to Cedar Point, you've been on Maverick and that Stengel Dive will change your opinion.

We get it YoungStud. You love Intamin. You're just repeating yourself and it's getting really annoying now. Sorry we don't all wet our pants over Intamin like you do. I personally have a diverse palate and love GCI, GG, and Mack, Intamin, and B&M.

My favorite ride is Scooby Doo's Spooky Coaster in Australia. Give me a long ride duration and theming.

• Like 7

Some of you on the whole "why people think this is better than that?" need a little psychology 101. All people tend to view the world differently when it comes to feeling forces on different rides and, in relevance to this discussion, viewing which manufactures are 'better'. Why can't some of you just accept that people like a manufacture you happen to not like? People are allowed to have different view points. People's nervous systems are wired differently, even down to how we perceive touch and tolerances to different forces, not unlike what you get on amusement park rides.

For example, I find B&M's to be quite forceful. All the ones I've been on I've either had near grey outs or even black outs (on Six Flags Great Adventure's Batman and Raptor). I say Diamondback is a fantastic ride, my favorite steel coaster even over Millennium Force and Maverick. That's not saying I don't like Intamins, which I do, but come on, lighten up and allow people to speak their minds.

• Like 6

Here's a easy way to see the differences.

B&M is a minivan: reliable, fun, not flashy.

Intamin is a racecar: more maintenance, extreme, flashy ride, pushing the envelope.

I actually like that comparison.

• Like 9

I am just saying that based on CF's pattern since they started installing hypers in 08. CP has a giga, KD giga, CW giga, KI's turn next year would make sense. Just looking at the amount of land that is clear, the ride it is replacing, and the natural progression of things makes me believe that it will be a giga and not a dated invert.

And I will rebut that by saying that the footers don't give that sort of evidence to me. The paired sets of footers look like that of an inverted coaster's a-frames which support the brake runs and stations of every one of their type. Also, it is your opinion that they are dated. They only reason they aren't built a lot any more is because most major parks have a full circuit inverted coaster already, B&M or otherwise. I think an inverted coaster would be a great addition to the park as much as a giga would be, and as someone who enjoys B&M inverts, that would be awesome in my eyes.

Also, the only reason that much land was cleared is because that was the land SOB inhabited. Remember, SOB was over 7,000 ft long. They wouldn't have just taken down specific sections and leave up the rest. When you take down a ride, you take down the whole thing. They haven't cleared any tree's along the perimeter where SOB's rose bowl used to be yet, which also indicates to me that the project is smaller than what most are guessing.

• Like 4

I haven't really posted much in this topic for many reasons but, I feel like I would like to point out how silly it is for you people to be fighting over Intamin vs B&M. They both make great coasters that can be enjoyed by so many different people! Isn't that one reason that we are part of this great website? Because of all the fun and enjoyment we get from amusement parks? I can't stand to see this wonderful community fall apart because of some silly arguments that have been part of this thread. Shouldn't we all just respect other people and their opinions? Now, I really don't like calling people out, especially on the internet but I feel like this needs to be said, YoungStud, you have very strong opinions and that is wonderful! I love it when people can feel good about what they love, in your case its Intamin coasters(and I also have a passion for Intamin) but maybe the reason people might not respect you on this site as much as they respect other posters is because you seem very close minded about what you believe and you seem very disrespectful toward other members when you don't agree with them. Can't we all just find a way to get along, even with some of the "trolls", I feel like this thread has gotten far out of hand for too long and I really don't want some of the attitudes that members possess to spread and be the down fall of this amazing site.

DCM, trying to restore peace while enjoying a great Snickers Bar

• Like 14

For those new members on here that think this will be an Intamin, let me go back to a post I have on here earlier:

It looks like this could be a B&M coaster of some sort. Compare this picture with the footings of Goliath's construction at Six Flags over Georgia.

Kings Island 2014

IMG_2183.jpg

Goliath @ SFoG

http://rcdb.com/3290.htm?p=14005

Notice the shape of the holes in the middle of the bolts? They look very identical.

Other similar footings for other B&M coaster designs:

• Like 2

I haven't really posted much in this topic for many reasons but, I feel like I would like to point out how silly it is for you people to be fighting over Intamin vs B&M. They both make great coasters that can be enjoyed by so many different people! Isn't that one reason that we are part of this great website? Because of all the fun and enjoyment we get from amusement parks? I can't stand to see this wonderful community fall apart because of some silly arguments that have been part of this thread. Shouldn't we all just respect other people and their opinions? Now, I really don't like calling people out....

What do you mean by "You People"? HUH?!

• Like 14

Here's a easy way to see the differences.

B&M is a minivan: reliable, fun, not flashy.

Intamin is a racecar: more maintenance, extreme, flashy ride, pushing the envelope.

Your smartest post yet, keep it up! You actually think B&Ms are fun. ;) Just out of curiosity, how many names are you posting under? I'm guessing between 2 and 4, am I close?

• Like 4

For those new members on here that think this will be an Intamin, let me go back to a post I have on here earlier:

It looks like this could be a B&M coaster of some sort. Compare this picture with the footings of Goliath's construction at Six Flags over Georgia.

Kings Island 2014

IMG_2183.jpg

Goliath @ SFoG

http://rcdb.com/3290.htm?p=14005

Notice the shape of the holes in the middle of the bolts? They look very identical.

Other similar footings for other B&M coaster designs:

I saw that you compared it to Goliath but I'm glad you searched more and found Hydra being similar! Still hope for a Floorless!!!!!!!

• Like 3

I haven't really posted much in this topic for many reasons but, I feel like I would like to point out how silly it is for you people to be fighting over Intamin vs B&M. They both make great coasters that can be enjoyed by so many different people! Isn't that one reason that we are part of this great website? Because of all the fun and enjoyment we get from amusement parks? I can't stand to see this wonderful community fall apart because of some silly arguments that have been part of this thread. Shouldn't we all just respect other people and their opinions? Now, I really don't like calling people out, especially on the internet but I feel like this needs to be said, YoungStud, you have very strong opinions and that is wonderful! I love it when people can feel good about what they love, in your case its Intamin coasters(and I also have a passion for Intamin) but maybe the reason people might not respect you on this site as much as they respect other posters is because you seem very close minded about what you believe and you seem very disrespectful toward other members when you don't agree with them. Can't we all just find a way to get along, even with some of the "trolls", I feel like this thread has gotten far out of hand for too long and I really don't want some of the attitudes that members possess to spread and be the down fall of this amazing site.

DCM, trying to restore peace while enjoying a great Snickers Bar

Love you avatar vault dweller

• Like 2

Your all going to freak out when you discover that it's a maglev coaster.

Monroe munching on the snacks again!

Maglev? As in the train? I've never heard of a Maglev coaster.

Yes it has been toyed with in the Asian market, but never to full scale. sharp turns seem to be the biggest drawback, also power usage, the higher the weight the more power is needed. I did see a short peace of track with a single person car on it at a traid show once nothing to wright home about.

Your all going to freak out when you discover that it's a maglev coaster.

Monroe munching on the snacks again!

Gang showers.

It's gonna be a big room with nothing but a gang shower.

Groupshowers_zps060addb4.jpg

No, then every one would be jealous when I pull my snacks out. (thought I was going to say some thing else didn't you).

• Like 5

The subject of the e-mail newsletter sent out by the park today is "Summer flies by. Sometimes at record speed."

Perhaps it's another subtle hint. Or perhaps it's not. Maybe it will end up being the fastest ${type of ride} in ${region of the country} that is themed to ${type of evil phenomenon}.

We certainly learned from Gatekeeper that Cedar Fair will ALWAYS get a record. Even if they have to fudge it a little. I mean, "World's tallest Wing Coaster"? Yippee, you're the tallest of five at the time of opening. I mean, I have the world's most powerful computer built by a person living at [insert my home address here]. Do I get a world record for that?

• Like 6