Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Don't get me wrong about only being a thrillseeker. I like extreme thrills, but also relxaing chills. Having to lose Swan Lake for Diamonback was bitter sweet.

Why do I want this coaster to be big? Because there is a lot of open space that can be utilized for this project. I rather have a monstrosity of a coaster now so that Kings Island doesn't have to go looking for land to use later on.

When is the next major landscaping development?

What Intamin's have you rode that wasn't impressive?

Superman at Six Flags America is boring! Those two long straightaways where they could have added bunny hills just kill the ride for me. It's like yay we've been going straight for 10 seconds now! I also wasn't impressed with SkyRush mainly because of the restraints. But I am also a diverse fan when it comes to coasters my top ten are...

1.Texas Giant (RMC)

2. Hades (GG)

3. Intimidator 305 (Intamin)

4. El Toro (Intamin)

5. Voyage (GG)

6. Manta (B&M)

7. Diamondback (B&M)

8. Prowler (GCI)

9. StormRunner (Intamin)

10. Bizarro SFGadv (B&M)

• Like 2

The subject of the e-mail newsletter sent out by the park today is "Summer flies by. Sometimes at record speed."

Perhaps it's another subtle hint. Or perhaps it's not. Maybe it will end up being the fastest ${type of ride} in ${region of the country} that is themed to ${type of evil phenomenon}.

We certainly learned from Gatekeeper that Cedar Fair will ALWAYS get a record. Even if they have to fudge it a little. I mean, "World's tallest Wing Coaster"? Yippee, you're the tallest of five at the time of opening. I mean, I have the world's most powerful computer built by a person living at [insert my home address here]. Do I get a world record for that?

Well Gatekeeper does ave the worlds Tallest Inversion, taking that title away from Superman Ultimate Flight at SFDK

• Like 2

I don't mind if this coaster is B&M or Intamin. The fact that we only have a combined one coaster from those two big dog manufacturers demonstrates where Paramount went wrong imo.

Little known fact.. White Water Canyon is made by Intamin.
Little known fact.. White Water Canyon is not a roller coaster.
  • Like 5

I don't mind if this coaster is B&M or Intamin. The fact that we only have a combined one coaster from those two big dog manufacturers demonstrates where Paramount went wrong imo.

Little known fact.. White Water Canyon is made by Intamin.
Little known fact.. White Water Canyon is not a roller coaster.

No one knows this for sure until they ride a complete cycle on it. When I was a kid I thought the wooden conveyer belt that returns you into the station was a lift hill!

Edit: Or basically what LLKC said above me ;)

Edited by DontWantToWait42mar0

You all need to relax. In the absence of any real developments, you guys are driving yourselves mad with increasingly insane ideas and approaching paranoia in regards to what is and is not a "hint." If everyone took a deep breath and stood back for a minute to look at the last few days of discussion on here, you might see how mad this has gotten.

I suggest everyone here exercise some patience, and try not to fill the time with contests to see who can have the most absurd theory. In time, things will start to come together. Keep an eye on construction, enjoy the summer, and for the love of all things good, when you feel a need to "decode", use some common sense.

I have never made a post like this, but here goes...

I take offense to the above. I try to have humor in my postings, but if you'll notice - they all have some truth. Once again, everyone is entitled to their own views and that is that. The title of this topic is STARTING to decode - not searching for the correct answer nor decoding with some experience under our belts. I believe that anyone's thoughts are as good as anyone else's. And who knows - some of the suggestions might actually give ideas to people who design the rides.

Now - I said I was done a few posts back but this was bothering me all day long and I felt compelled to write. I will now go away.

• Like 2

Which Superman clones are you talking about? There are significant differences between the two.

???

I don't know if I should mention the TOS here or not, is this a one word response? It seems like a zero word response...

What else do you say in response to someone trying to argue with a unknowlegable reply?

Which Superman clones are you talking about? There are significant differences between the two.

???

I don't know if I should mention the TOS here or not, is this a one word response? It seems like a zero word response...

What else do you say in response to someone trying to argue with a unknowlegable reply?

I believe he was asking if you meant the Superman:Ride of Steel clones or the Superman:Ultimate Flight clones, as TheCrypt said, there are significant differences between the two.

• Like 4

???

I believe he was asking if you meant the Superman:Ride of Steel clones or the Superman:Ultimate Flight clones, as TheCrypt said, there are significant differences between the two.

Ok.......and for the record the flying dutchmen are far superior than the ultimate flights.

???

Ok.......and for the record the flying dutchmen are far superior than the ultimate flights.

And flying dutchmen are way more reliable than B&M flyers! :rolleyes:

Guess how many test runs Firehawk was able to get in before it opened. It was like, 60. Also, it broke down before both employee parties in 2009. I don't want a roller coaster with a computer in the back of each seat. It's a maintenance nightmare.

Here's YoungStud again with his prime opinions superior to anyone elses.

• Like 2

Two things....

1. - Mr. Quimet said no wing rider coasters for 2014. If this project is actually gonna take longer than one year to complete, the ride wouldn't open until 2015.

2. - The enjoy it while you can comment from Don leads me to believe that something is gonna be removed to make way for whatever the new project entails.

Now, sit back, think about these two things, and ponder the fuzz in your navel!

I hope nothing else gets taken away, we have already lost so much!

Guess how many test runs Firehawk was able to get in before it opened. It was like, 60. Also, it broke down before both employee parties in 2009. I don't want a roller coaster with a computer in the back of each seat. It's a maintenance nightmare.

I actually agree with YoungStud for once. The Vekoma flyers are far superior to the B&M ones, in my opinion.
  • Like 2

I liked BORG Assimilator way better than Firehawk, but that was one ride in 2004. Superman was pretty fun. Either way both were pretty dull after the first ride to me. Firehawk is a piece of sh*t. It hurts your body and causes a headache to wait in line to ride. And makes your pay extra to pay.

• Like 1

I actually agree with YoungStud for once. The Vekoma flyers are far superior to the B&M ones, in my opinion.

I second that, however, I've never ridden Tatsu.

• Like 3

Here's a easy way to see the differences.

B&M is a minivan: reliable, fun, not flashy.

Intamin is a racecar: more maintenance, extreme, flashy ride, pushing the envelope.

Your smartest post yet, keep it up! You actually think B&Ms are fun. ;) Just out of curiosity, how many names are you posting under? I'm guessing between 2 and 4, am I close?

Young Stud, I answer anything anybody has for me! Answer me! I like you when your being you, stop with your other egos and I'm sure all will be good. Your not stupid so cut out your other posters. Thanks, Jr! I cant decode the coaster yet, but I decoded you, just be your nice poster and welcome! ;)