Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

I wonder if some of those footings in the recent pictures could be for lamp posts too, for lighting up the ride and que line.

I wonder if some of those footings in the recent pictures could be for lamp posts too, for lighting up the ride and que line.

If you look at the true size of these footers, you can tell they're most likely not for lights. Lighting would use a much smaller foundation.. However, they will probably have a sign and possibly theming on a few footers somewhere..

I thought originally that this was an invert with the possibily of a terrain hugger in vain of Maverick. I was wrong. This is the Rebirth of Phantom Theater. It will feature inversions and a lift hill but will be heavily theamed and have a dark ride aspect much like the original. Obviously I kid but wow what a dream ride that would be! I just saw a video of Phantom Theater and was flooded with memories so I had to post this.

On another note I am echoing several others and becoming as repititive as those I am criticizing but we have little evidence and are taking our guesses in good fun so please do not label us as trolls and dismiss our opinons or call us stupid. We are living up the moment as it is not every year your home park gets a new ride so let us dream and have our fun. I am fine with being wrong but I like to read and see other opinions of what is coming in because the hype will make fthe first ride that much more enjoyable.

For what it's worth I have had a few too many so if this seems ignorant and wrong sorry...you are probably right it is.

The three of you are going to love this idea I came up with. So those wonderful light footers, or themed footers, you so speak of? SOBwasaSOB listen up this is for you - I wonder what they are doing with those old Phantom Theater characters.... hmmmm

thinking-idea-animated-animation-smiley-

Perhaps they will use those characters for themeing in this ride, if the name is indeed "Banshee". It would actually fit the theme. Now I realize they used a lot of those during the haunt, and many may not be usable anymore but its a thought.

That's a great realistic guess/wish! The Banshee theme is obviously what made me think of Phantom theater. I would love just about any theming though to be honest, spooky is just my favorite. As long as it is a fun ride though you will here no complaints from me, and I can't imagine them making a boring ride...I would also love to see an expansion into a new area. I am sure this has been asked and I missed it but does anyone know approximately how much land beyond the SOB site is owned by Kings Island? I am guessing quite a bit.

• Like 2

I would love to see Vekoma's Pandora's Box ride used at Kings Island maybe as an "Amusement Dark". The concept of Pandora's Box has always intrigued me and with the right amount of theming I think it would work great at Kings Island or a few Cedar Fair parks. A theme that resembles Phantoms Theatre or something along those lines even.

http://www.vekoma.com/index.php/specialities-and-attractions/pandora-s-box

Definitely not what KI is getting for 2014 but a great idea for a future "Amusement Dark" or dark ride.

• Like 4

The Pandora's Box is an interesting concept. I think, I would like to see something like that as well in the near future. Not sure it could fit in tomb raider the crypts old box of goodies, but I wouldn't mind them giving it a try. I would like to see something go inside besides just a haunt attraction only used for a month of the year.

• Like 2

Helix

Looks like it'd be an awesome ride! Though, I wish they didn't have the same inversion over and over. Might had been nice to have a standard loop or a nearly inverting top hat. Just to mix it up a bit more.

But it's a long ride with a good location.

If we do get a record breaker for this "B&M invert" I hope the records aren't for height.
First launch or longest B&M would be nice.

• Like 2

ttd_proto.gif

This is not my rendemption, I found it online.

I would LOVE to have something like that.

Maybe ky kingdom will invest half of their 200million over the next 70 years budget to get a 500' version of that. They would have to dig out a 300' plus valley to get past their height restriction.

I think we will see something else along with the new attraction. A new or updated front gate along with an accessible International Restaurant could be a real possibility.

I may have misunderstood the video, but I think Matt Ouimet already said there isn't much improvement needed for KI's front gate.

Has anyone else seen the new Projekt Helix going on at Leisberg? I'd kill for that. It's like Super Maverick on the side of a hill.

That looks like an amazingly fun ride. I'd be very happy if KI got something like that. Thanks for sharing.

Guess how many test runs Firehawk was able to get in before it opened. It was like, 60. Also, it broke down before both employee parties in 2009. I don't want a roller coaster with a computer in the back of each seat. It's a maintenance nightmare.

Here's YoungStud again with his prime opinions superior to anyone elses.

I actually agree with YoungStud for once. The Vekoma flyers are far superior to the B&M ones, in my opinion.

As a person who has ridden Manta at SWO and Firehawk at KI, I must say Manta blows the fire out of Firehawk. Very interactive and you are laying on your stomach during the lift instead of looking into the sun.

• Like 10

The footers could be for a new luminosity stage... Lol with large light stanchions on the triangular footers.

The rest are for light poles for the new campground.

Or not.

I actually thought the same thing, at least the Luminosity part. On my trip to CP this year we stopped by Luminosity and thought it was a really good show. We had a blast and would enjoy it if KI added something similar. I could see them throwing a Luminosity type stage up AND a coaster all in the same year.

(Heaven forbid they pull the same stuff they have the past two year with making a big hoopla about their additions to the park only to add Dinosaurs Alvie and WindSeeker...)

I hope we never get a dark ride, leave that to disney, universal, etc.

Guess boo blasters (phantom theater) doesn't count... Come on dark rides are awesome and one like vekomas would be great... I miss tomb raide/crypt

• Like 4

If they use that exact logo, then they will probably use it at Cedar Point...giving Mantis the name it could have used.

Kings Island could take the Mantis name, and theme it to Zorak. Each of the next few years could be a Space Ghost themed ride.

• Like 4

I think we will see something else along with the new attraction. A new or updated front gate along with an accessible International Restaurant could be a real possibility.

Mr. Ouimet said that he wasnt going to change the Kings Island front entrance because its "pretty darn good"

Helix

Looks like it'd be an awesome ride! Though, I wish they didn't have the same inversion over and over. Might had been nice to have a standard loop or a nearly inverting top hat. Just to mix it up a bit more.

But it's a long ride with a good location.

If we do get a record breaker for this "B&M invert" I hope the records aren't for height.

First launch or longest B&M would be nice.

Or most inversions on an B&M invert

• Like 1