Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Or if you are on a mobile device and don't have the arrows, you can use the address bar.

Change it so that the page-159 instead says page-1 (or whichever page you want to read).

or if you want to make it complicated you could change it from mobile version and you will have the arrows, but make it harder to do the things you need.

^^ And eat unpasteurized eggs? You must like living on the dangerous side of life.

YOLO

That word/acronym/whatever annoys me to no end, mainly because I find it utterly stupid. But that's just me. :)

It annoys me, also. I just thought it was a funny response.

Maybe I'm just getting sleepy and the troll in me is coming out. :)

• Like 2

Well this thread seems to be derailing... At least it hasn't been permanently "abandon" like "What's Next for Son of Beast". Sadly the same can be said for the ride. On a lighter note KI is a park that has lots of metal and concrete. It also has a dog running around in specific areas. Good lord its time to go to bed...

I would love to see Vekoma's Pandora's Box ride used at Kings Island maybe as an "Amusement Dark". The concept of Pandora's Box has always intrigued me and with the right amount of theming I think it would work great at Kings Island or a few Cedar Fair parks. A theme that resembles Phantoms Theatre or something along those lines even.

http://www.vekoma.com/index.php/specialities-and-attractions/pandora-s-box

Definitely not what KI is getting for 2014 but a great idea for a future "Amusement Dark" or dark ride.

All hope of KI getting another themed dark ride died with Tomb Raider back in 2009.

• Like 1

I rode the blue Racer 4 times last night, when you are doubling back to the station you can see a small clearing behind Dinosaurs Alive.

This small area can not be seen from the tower because of the trees. And from what I could tell would only be viewable from The Racer and WindSeeker. There was access to it from the maintenance road. Anyways there were about 6-8 large "things" laying in the clearing and covered with black tarp. Maybe someone else could try to get a look at this area. Probably nothing just something I observed.

Also there has been a significant amount of work done at the sight since last Saturday when I last looked it over. I am relieved to see them moving much farther out in the clearing with concrete work. I had been concerned this was going to be a smaller coaster in the vain of B.l.s.c.or Firehawk.

I don't really consider Firehawk a "small" addition or coaster...it is taller than Beast is, after all. I wouldn't call it a monstrous-huge-mega-addition like Diamondback was, though, either...especially since it was a re-location. I'd call it medium sized...aka not a minor addition, but not something that is going to set the amusement park on fire, either. Heh, fire...Firehawk...I made a funny! :P

• Like 2

Oh, in that case yes, Firehawk is pretty small...but I'd call the term "compact". Firehawk has more track than Flight Deck does (according to RCDB, it's 3340 vs. 2352) but Flight Deck takes up a ton more space due to layout. Heck, Racer is 3,415- only 75 feet longer than Firehawk- and it takes up TONS of room because of its out-and-back layout...

^^ And eat unpasteurized eggs? You must like living on the dangerous side of life.

YOLO

That word/acronym/whatever annoys me to no end, mainly because I find it utterly stupid. But that's just me. :)

I too, find it to be utterly stupid, although I know that Magic Mountain didn't think it was stupid....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y892MzuAFyM

maybe they will use the same logo as when it was announced for Cedar Point

It's too.... 1996.

I already took care of the logo back in post http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/21765-random-photo-of-the-day/page-94#entry512662

hx55zp.png

I found this one day when....Oh Wait!! Did someone hear a Banshee??.....

and I took care of it even before you did

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/27275-starting-to-decode-2014/page-12#entry512931

I think we have Don and all of Cedar Fair shaking in their boots of just how organized and precise our decoding is.

It's like they can't keep anything from us.

I'm going to guess that their more accurate response is.... "suckers..."

Also, the roller coaster just posted at Sea World (can't think of the name)- is one of my favorites.

Is it possible to jump to very first page of a topic? Want to read all of this but don't feel like pushing button 158 times

Hi, Michigander19 - welcome to the site.

I just wanted to point out, as shown in the following screenshots, that you can also click where it says "Page [#] of [#]" and manually type in the page number you want to view, then hit "Go".

z15y.jpg

mt3m.jpg

• Like 5

I rode the blue Racer 4 times last night, when you are doubling back to the station you can see a small clearing behind Dinosaurs Alive.

This small area can not be seen from the tower because of the trees. And from what I could tell would only be viewable from The Racer and WindSeeker. There was access to it from the maintenance road. Anyways there were about 6-8 large "things" laying in the clearing and covered with black tarp. Maybe someone else could try to get a look at this area. Probably nothing just something I observed.

Maybe a clearing for shooting off fireworks...?

maybe they will use the same logo as when it was announced for Cedar Point

It's too.... 1996.

I already took care of the logo back in post http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/21765-random-photo-of-the-day/page-94#entry512662

hx55zp.png

I found this one day when....Oh Wait!! Did someone hear a Banshee??.....

^ It's still too 1996 -_-

I could care less about the park name, as that had nothing to do with the ride logo... But I do care about that a little bit.

*I want KI to have "Banshee"

• Like 1

Maybe a clearing for shooting off fireworks...?

Could very well be that. I'm not sure, funny thing I have ridden that ride 100x at least and this was my first time seeing it. Not that it was a new clearing just that everything I see I think "could" be related. Lol.