Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

FWIW, I drove by CSF yesterday morning (6/27) and saw none of the new track that had been previously mentioned. It may have been moved, or I may be blind. However, what I did see were 4-5 shipping trailers parked in front of the building.

They may have moved it back inside for painting. There's a video on in this thread somewhere a few pages back which talks about how CSF puts the track outside for a while to allow rust to form. I guess it helps them find imperfections in the track (??).

Don,

I would like to thank you for listening to my call earlier on the forums. While these are not flower pots, these scarecrows sure do the trick in prettying up the place, or should I say scaring up the place. In any case, its a pleasant site to see! Thank you for taking the time to listen to my call and make one enthusiast happy with a sprucing up of the footers.

Kind Regards,

Tusk

• Like 11

Getting really really tired of taking the time to come here for updates, and actual "decoding", only to find it's a bunch of childish nonsense. I have better things to do with my time than wade through all the crap going on in this thread.

Can we either stay on-topic, or start a whole new thread for goofing off? People have asked legitimate questions, and all you guys want to do is crack jokes and dismiss the questions. You KNOW what Brian5475E meant. I'm really scratching my head in wonder that ANYONE bothers to come here anymore.

If it bothers you so much, don't look at it. You need to learn how to take a joke.

Why did the bubble gum cross the road?

It was stuck to the chicken's foot.

There, I made a joke.

It's not that I don't know how to take a joke - however, I get tired of coming into this thread hoping to see a serious discussion, but only seeing off-topic nonsense. But I guess that's my problem. I thought part of the Terms of Service included keeping posts on-topic, but after reading them again I found out that's not true. I've been a member for 6 years, so I just now re-read them.

So I apologize. It's just that sometimes after I've been out of here for a while, I want to come back in to read updates. After wading through a few additional pages of posts, I sometimes discover that very little has been discussed about the project. And those who do offer opinions, or ask questions, get criticized. Sometimes the questions don't even get answered. So it makes me feel like I've wasted my time when I honestly have other things I could have been doing. But listen, I'm truly sorry. I don't mean to sound like an a$$. Hope you'll forgive me.

• Like 4

The best in Thrills now playing...

The Best in FUN now playing...

....it was a diversion I bet...

Am I crazy though?! Wasn't that PKI's moto for a little bit?

Hmmmm.....Didn't Mr. Oiumet say in a video that they wanted each park to be unique.....maybe they are going to partner with Paramount on Kings Island for ideas....(running to hide now before the flaming starts...)

After reading for the past couple hours I can only assume that Kings Island will get a ride named Crow or some type of bird because in Napoleon Dynamite he says "Do the chickens have big talons?" so only guessing talons, birds, scarecrows, and with everything else its a distraction

• Like 2

After reading for the past couple hours I can only assume that Kings Island will get a ride named Crow or some type of bird because in Napoleon Dynamite he says "Do the chickens have big talons?" so only guessing talons, birds, scarecrows, and with everything else its a distraction

Turkeys have them too. A coaster named Turkey? That's as bad as that water ride/funnel - you sit in what looks like a plastic turd and get flushed down the drain. Talk about a swirrly!

• Like 3

Is anyone else impressed at how secretive KI is being with this project? Of course, all high profile projects come with a heightened level of secrecy, but I've noticed that they REALLY aren't letting anything slip this time around. I'm not saying this is anything of grand importance, but I do believe it could be a clue to the scope of this attraction. If the park is putting more emphasis on confidentiality, is that not a sign that whatever is coming could be above the average addition? The unfortunate truth is, only time will tell. In the meantime, I suppose Don's intriguing tweets and scarecrows are all we have to work with. Oddly enough, I kinda enjoy the suspense.

In a world of social media, camera phones and "anonymous sources", it's harder than ever to keep things a secret, so yes, I am very impressed.

I keep reading the word "FUN"...which, as someone pointed out to me earlier, is Cedar Fair's initials on the NYSE. I also keep seeing "diversion". The stock market is known for going up and down, like a rollercoaster. Sometimes it even dives really low.

So I'm guessing this coaster will obviously go up and down, but could also dive really low at points. Perhaps it will dive into an underground tunnel...or the "underworld".

"Everything old is new again". Could it be that we're getting an old name for a new coaster? Will this maybe be a return of the King Cobra name, or The Bat, only resurrected into a bigger and more powerful version of its former self?

• Like 1

I keep reading the word "FUN"...which, as someone pointed out to me earlier, is Cedar Fair's initials on the NYSE. I also keep seeing "diversion". The stock market is known for going up and down, like a rollercoaster. Sometimes it even dives really low.

So I'm guessing this coaster will obviously go up and down, but could also dive really low at points. Perhaps it will dive into an underground tunnel...or the "underworld".

"Everything old is new again". Could it be that we're getting an old name for a new coaster? Will this maybe be a return of the King Cobra name, or The Bat, only resurrected into a bigger and more powerful version of its former self?

The Name Banshee is rather old.

As far as names go.

• Like 1

The Bat --- B&M Invert.

I think you might be onto something.

• Like 4

Hello everyone, I've been lurking around this site since the pkicentral days and after many years have decided to get in on the action! I did some research on the Banshee in Irish folklore and found, more times then once, that a Banshee can take the form of a crow, more specifically a hooded crow. The hooded crow is a Eurasian species though and has a coastal diet (eggs, mollusks), so they wouldn't warrant a scarecrow. This is an amusement park though, not PBS, so they could definitely toy around with that idea. Anyway, I just thought the connection was interesting and thought I'd share.

• Like 20

The Name Banshee is rather old.

As far as names go.

Perhaps, but it's never actually been used for a coaster before. I don't think Mantis really counts since it didn't open with the "Banshee" name. And besides, the name "King Cobra" and "The Bat" are much older....and in the context of Terp's comment, I'd be more inclined to say they better fit the phrase "what was old is new again". Just my humble opinion.

Speaking of which....why are people so sure our coaster will be called "Banshee"?

Goodness could it be a bat with bat themed cars? But a looping b&M would that be the end for The Vortex.

Plus maybe its a small coaster and some other suprises!

??

Why would it be the end for Vortex? The Bat was a suspended coaster. If we get a new B&M invert, it would be a different coaster experience than Vortex. Regardless of the name of the new coaster, I don't think Vortex is going anywhere anytime soon.

• Like 2

Isn't a Banshee a Screaming Demon?

• Like 12

Isn't a Banshee a Screaming Demon?

No, not really. A Banshee is simply a legendary female spirit that wails when someone is about to die. It doesn't necessarily imply the spirit is a demon.

• Like 3

I don't think the park wants to be infested with 2 snakes :D , so I'd rather see The Bat or the Screamin' Demon names be resurrected instead. If they use The Bat name it'll be perfect for a B&M inverted coaster. If they use the Screamin' Demon, use it for a B&M floorless coaster and emphasize the loop for it's logo like on my avatar.

^Welllllllllll....it had 2 coasters utilizing the name "Beast" at one time. And it has 2 steel coasters with names that imply dizziness and disorientation - Invertigo and Vortex. And it has a coaster named Flight of Fear, which would be similar to the Banshee theme. Cedar Point has Blue Streak and Mean Streak.

• Like 3