Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

LOL! I wasn't really trying to get you. I was just being stubborn. ;) I actually like The Bat, too. Would make for an awesome resurrection of that name. I rode The Bat one time....only one time...and it hurt. The next day my muscles were killing me, so I went to the doctor and told him I'd ridden The Bat. He told me "Maybe it's better to not ride the Batman anymore". LOL! So much for him actually hearing what I said.

• Like 1

I keep reading the word "FUN"...which, as someone pointed out to me earlier, is Cedar Fair's initials on the NYSE. I also keep seeing "diversion". The stock market is known for going up and down, like a rollercoaster. Sometimes it even dives really low.

So I'm guessing this coaster will obviously go up and down, but could also dive really low at points. Perhaps it will dive into an underground tunnel...or the "underworld".

"Everything old is new again". Could it be that we're getting an old name for a new coaster? Will this maybe be a return of the King Cobra name, or The Bat, only resurrected into a bigger and more powerful version of its former self?

Isn't a Banshee a Screaming Demon?

No, not really. A Banshee is simply a legendary female spirit that wails when someone is about to die. It doesn't necessarily imply the spirit is a demon.

Well, ghost, spirit, and demon are regularly used interchangeably. Or at least they are in the haunt stories put out by the Warrens. Perhaps I've been listening to too much of those.

I keep reading the word "FUN"...which, as someone pointed out to me earlier, is Cedar Fair's initials on the NYSE. I also keep seeing "diversion". The stock market is known for going up and down, like a rollercoaster. Sometimes it even dives really low.

So I'm guessing this coaster will obviously go up and down, but could also dive really low at points. Perhaps it will dive into an underground tunnel...or the "underworld".

"Everything old is new again". Could it be that we're getting an old name for a new coaster? Will this maybe be a return of the King Cobra name, or The Bat, only resurrected into a bigger and more powerful version of its former self?

That actually makes a very good point.....I hadn't thought about it that way yet........

On a side note, I just left Kings Island and witnessed it for myself.....

pujon.jpg

Evil Phenomenon.

• Like 14

No, not really. A Banshee is simply a legendary female spirit that wails when someone is about to die. It doesn't necessarily imply the spirit is a demon.

Well, ghost, spirit, and demon are regularly used interchangeably. Or at least they are in the haunt stories put out by the Warrens. Perhaps I've been listening to too much of those.

I never really think of those as being interchangeable. To me, a demon holds the explicit connotation of being evil, whereas a ghost or spirit doesn't always. If you're a Christian, you know that there are good spirits and evil spirits. The Banshee can appear old and decrepit, or beautiful, and is simply associated with a female spirit or "fairy" that announces an impending death.

With everything that has popped up the last couple of days that could have us wondering and wandering, I think people are looking too far into the saying "the old is new."

Right to me all the things said that are easily picked up on are the "diversions".

Maybe we're also reading too much into "Snickers" and "diversions". ;)

And Terp...snickers quietly.

Everything old..."...there ought to be cranes...And then it's next year."

This post brought to you by the year 2008.

Not the cranes......please no...... not the cranes, again. :rolleyes:

Is anyone else impressed at how secretive KI is being with this project? Of course, all high profile projects come with a heightened level of secrecy, but I've noticed that they REALLY aren't letting anything slip this time around. I'm not saying this is anything of grand importance, but I do believe it could be a clue to the scope of this attraction. If the park is putting more emphasis on confidentiality, is that not a sign that whatever is coming could be above the average addition? The unfortunate truth is, only time will tell. In the meantime, I suppose Don's intriguing tweets and scarecrows are all we have to work with. Oddly enough, I kinda enjoy the suspense.

Remember that Gatekeeper was leaked a few days before the announcement. Pictures of the whole layout pretty much.

And even before that, Gatekeeper was released by the Sandusky Register.

Thanks for sharing what...my preference for Hershey's Special Dark instead of Snickers or Dove?

Sometimes an apple is just an apple. Not trying to drop any hints, not making any suggestion about coaster manufacturer...honestly. For one thing, I don't have the foggiest clue what this new coaster is. I'm just making silly small talk. It's a diversion. ;)