Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Getting really really tired of taking the time to come here for updates, and actual "decoding", only to find it's a bunch of childish nonsense. I have better things to do with my time than wade through all the crap going on in this thread.

Can we either stay on-topic, or start a whole new thread for goofing off? People have asked legitimate questions, and all you guys want to do is crack jokes and dismiss the questions. You KNOW what Brian5475E meant. I'm really scratching my head in wonder that ANYONE bothers to come here anymore.

Yeaaaahhh....I've tried Dove before, and I don't like it. Believe it or not, I find the chocolate to be too smooth for my taste.

Thanks for sharing what...my preference for Hershey's Special Dark instead of Snickers or Dove?

Sometimes an apple is just an apple. Not trying to drop any hints, not making any suggestion about coaster manufacturer...honestly. For one thing, I don't have the foggiest clue what this new coaster is. I'm just making silly small talk. It's a diversion. ;)

This is the point I would like to make. I feel as though at times you come into this thread and try to play regulator, sometimes even passive aggressively insulting members by doing so.

I'm not bothered by you or your content, I have found a good amount of your posts to be creative, intriguing, stimulating, and of the highest quality. When you do post your out of the box thinking, I consider you as one of my favorite posters on KIC.

Now it's the having your cake and eating it too that rubs me the wrong way. If you want to make silly small talk, that's perfectly fine by me, as I certainly am guilty of this. But to expect other members to indulge in this thread only as you see fit would be hypocritical at this point.

• Like 5

Goodness could it be a bat with bat themed cars? But a looping b&M would that be the end for The Vortex.

Plus maybe its a small coaster and some other suprises!

??

Why would it be the end for Vortex? The Bat was a suspended coaster. If we get a new B&M invert, it would be a different coaster experience than Vortex. Regardless of the name of the new coaster, I don't think Vortex is going anywhere anytime soon.

Honestly, the biggest reason I expect a looper in 2014 is that Vortex is most likely approaching the end of its useful life. Its creeping up on 30 years old. Its already been too rough of a ride for a few years now. It really needs overhauled or scrapped and I don't see them dumping bunch of money into rehabbing a 30 year old ride. Just my opinion, but we see an inverted this year. Maybe a giga or some other type of looper in the rest of the SOB area in the 2016-2017 range. Then after that, by 2020 Vortex will be gone and they will put something in that spot. I could even see them dumping The Vortex and replacing it with a sit down or floorless looper in the same spot in the 2016-2017 range.

• Like 1

Maybe Cedar Point is sending the Wildcat, Disaster Transport, and the Space Spiral to Mason, Ohio?

Wildcat was scrapped, DT was partially scrapped (some parts sent to a museum), and SS was blown up.....chances of that happening aint that high...

• Like 2

I keep reading the word "FUN"...which, as someone pointed out to me earlier, is Cedar Fair's initials on the NYSE. I also keep seeing "diversion". The stock market is known for going up and down, like a rollercoaster. Sometimes it even dives really low.

So I'm guessing this coaster will obviously go up and down, but could also dive really low at points. Perhaps it will dive into an underground tunnel...or the "underworld".

"Everything old is new again". Could it be that we're getting an old name for a new coaster? Will this maybe be a return of the King Cobra name, or The Bat, only resurrected into a bigger and more powerful version of its former self?

The Name Banshee is rather old.

As far as names go.

Perhaps, but it's never actually been used for a coaster before. I don't think Mantis really counts since it didn't open with the "Banshee" name. And besides, the name "King Cobra" and "The Bat" are much older....and in the context of Terp's comment, I'd be more inclined to say they better fit the phrase "what was old is new again". Just my humble opinion.

Speaking of which....why are people so sure our coaster will be called "Banshee"?

Because Screamscape said it would so it has to be true!

Right? :lol:

Hank, no ride is coming from Cedar Point.

During the opening of Gatekeeper it was stated that the project was originally for another park. It was then moved to Cedar Point to become Gatekeeper. I think you heard that and somehow thought it meant Cedar Point was sending a ride down to KI. That is not what is happening. As stated above, Space Spiral collapsed on itself due to planned explosions. Disaster Transport was completely torn to pieces, as was Wildcat. If you do not believe me here are videos to prove it (not for Wildcat, that was done while the park was closed).

Disaster Transport:

Space Spiral:

This project for 2014 will (probably) be custom designed specifically for Kings Island.

(I was just clearing this up for Hank, and this post is not meant to be hostile at all. I love Hank's posts on here and mean no disrespect.)

• Like 2

First time poster, but I've been following this thread. I've enjoyed reading all the speculation surrounding Project 2014, and look forward to participating on this site, hopefully with only positive and contributing information (Believe me, I'm tired of all the trolls on here too). Anyway, I took my 1st visit ever to KI this past Thursday. I know, I know, I even live in Ohio and have never been there before. Call me crazy. But at least I finally managed to get down there, and it by far exceeded my expectations. I'm used to Cedar Point so I wasn't really sure what to expect, but I loved the park. I think there's a nice selection of coasters already and am very excited to see what there is to come in the future of KI.

While at the park I made sure to check out the construction site, especially from the Eiffel Tower. I definitely noticed more footers and activity that was starting to spread out. I also found it interesting how close construction seems to have gotten to Adventure Express. Based on previous explanations and pictures, I do predict this to be a part of a multi year expansion for the park. This is just the start of the expansion with the addition of a major coaster. And Drop Tower also has great views of the contruction area.

Whatever the parks gets, I'm sure it will be awesome, and a new coaster would only make this great park even better. I'll definitely return to KI again, hopefully going more often. I love all the suspense and teasers lately, and I guess it would be fitting if I went and got a Snickers right now. Time to sit back and enjoy the speculation...

• Like 17

Hank, no ride is coming from Cedar Point.

During the opening of Gatekeeper it was stated that the project was originally for another park. It was then moved to Cedar Point to become Gatekeeper. I think you heard that and somehow thought it meant Cedar Point was sending a ride down to KI. That is not what is happening. As stated above, Space Spiral collapsed on itself due to planned explosions. Disaster Transport was completely torn to pieces, as was Wildcat. If you do not believe me here are videos to prove it (not for Wildcat, that was done while the park was closed).

Disaster Transport:

Space Spiral:

This project for 2014 will (probably) be custom designed specifically for Kings Island.

(I was just clearing this up for Hank, and this post is not meant to be hostile at all. I love Hank's posts on here and mean no disrespect.)

Besides, I don't think KI wants to be known as the park with the most tall poles sticking up out of the ground. :lol:

• Like 7

This is the point I would like to make. I feel as though at times you come into this thread and try to play regulator, sometimes even passive aggressively insulting members by doing so.

If you point out the specific posts where I've been passive aggressively insulting to other members, please show me all of them and I will issue a public explanation for why I said what I did - and, if warranted, I will offer an apology. :mellow:

I'm not bothered by you or your content, I have found a good amount of your posts to be creative, intriguing, stimulating, and of the highest quality. When you do post your out of the box thinking, I consider you as one of my favorite posters on KIC.

I appreciate that you've found some of my prior out-of-the-box thinking to be "creative, intriguing, stimulating, and of the highest quality". Which posts, if you don't mind me asking?

Now it's the having your cake and eating it too that rubs me the wrong way. If you want to make silly small talk, that's perfectly fine by me, as I certainly am guilty of this. But to expect other members to indulge in this thread only as you see fit would be hypocritical at this point.

May I ask...did you see this post I left earlier today: http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/27275-starting-to-decode-2014/?p=525588

I was in a bad mood when I left the post you quoted, and I was going on the assumption that KIC's Terms of Service stipulated that threads were to remain on-topic. I was clearly wrong. It had been 6 years since I'd read them, and couldn't recall what they said. So after reading them again this morning, I discovered I was wrong....and apologized.

I've said I'm sorry, and my position has now changed about the "silly small talk and goofing off".

• Like 1

"OOOO and it's all right and it's comin' 'along, we got to get right back to where we started from....

Love is good, love can be strong we got to get right back to where we started from...."

Maxine NIGHTINGALE, 1976

• Like 1

Cartoon friends and funny faces
Jinx and those little meece he chases
Ant Hill Mob, the Wacky Racers
Live in my TV

I'm friends with Fred who yells out Yabba Dabba Dabba Doo
Bosom Buddy Barney too.
And Scooby Dooby where are you.
I love that mumblin' bear
I laugh at him until I hurt

And when it's,