Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

The further out the construction goes the increasing probability of a intamin giga...

Why, YoungStud, do you keep saying it's going to be an Intamin giga?

Seriously, I would like to hear your thoughts.

Please stop feeding the troll and it will go away. :lol:

I have to give him the benefit of the doubt. That's the kind of person I am. I feel that's the ethically correct thing to do. I'm not going to accuse someone of being a troll if I don't consider them a troll. People simply haven't liked what he's said in the past, and they've badgered him about it, but that doesn't make him a troll. He's just trying to express his opinion. Shouldn't we allow him to do that?

A recently released picture of the 2014 construction site back in 1996

Wow....How things change...

a4v52b.jpg

(Photo Courtesy of Nick at Coaster101.com)

For this picture and more Kings Island pictures from 1996....http://www.coaster101.com/2013/07/02/vintage-park-photos-kings-island-1996-2/

It's really a shame all those trees were cut down. That area could have made for another AWESOME terrain coaster hidden in the woods.

• Like 3

If they built this I would make the 10 hour drive to be there on opening day.

way too much time on your back. The point of a flyer is to fly, not lay on your back. I think that's one of the major things wrong with Firehawk.
  • Like 2

It probably is really funny seeing guest walk by the scarecrows and once they see them freak out. They should make a scarecrow cam and show us the funny ones!

The park has had warnings posted for months now.

Definitely not their fault that people are freaking out.

• Like 3

way too much time on your back. The point of a flyer is to fly, not lay on your back. I think that's one of the major things wrong with Firehawk.

Besides the lift and brakes, the only sustained back-time is a forceful loop. Not bad for a Vekoma!

• Like 1

Well it was a fruitful day at KI yesterday. The lines weren't too long, I got some good pictures of construction and I even spotted a fellow KIC member while in line for Diamondback! (I don't who it was but he was wearing the official KI Central T-shirt.)

So let me start off with this:

On the drive up there I saw this huge flatbed truck carrying what appeared to me the black steel bottoms that usually go onto the trains of most modern steel roller coasters if you know what I'm talking about. It was going the same way as us as far as I know until it fell behind of us and was out of sight. I wish I would have gotten a picture but I didn't have my camera ready.

They looked like this:

DBTrain3_031510022_zpsfab772af.jpg

After this post settles a while I'll post my construction photos...

• Like 3

Well it was a fruitful day at KI yesterday. The lines weren't too long, I got some good pictures of construction and I even spotted a fellow KIC member while in line for Diamondback! (I don't who it was but he was wearing the official KI Central T-shirt.)

So let me start off with this:

On the drive up there I saw this huge flatbed truck carrying what appeared to me the black steel bottoms that usually go onto the trains of most modern steel roller coasters if you know what I'm talking about. It was going the same way as us as far as I know until it fell behind of us and was out of sight. I wish I would have gotten a picture but I didn't have my camera ready.

They looked like this:

DBTrain3_031510022_zpsfab772af.jpg

After this post settles a while I'll post my construction photos...

Where do you get the t-shirts

I agree the video of that coaster has way too much "on your back" time. I watched it and thought to myself "How many birds actually fly upside down as they're diving toward water". It's not realistic. As for Firehawk, I agree the loop is weird. It's like that on a lot of flyers. Why not just fly on the outside of the loop?

I was talking ti worker who works at sky flyer. Ad she said sometimes you hear screams..

No she heard it from the other side of the fence

It's funny the way sound travels. The ride op was most likely hearing screams from some of the other rides close by.

That's just DB seats...it even has DB theming on it, probably just had some maint. done to it or needed to be inspected for something...whats so special about a train car?

^ I don't think he meant those specifically. He just used that as an example of what he saw. Specifically the bottom portion circled in green.

Edit - Can't even type a sentence without someone posting before me. Sheesh.

• Like 1

That's just DB seats...it even has DB theming on it, probably just had some maint. done to it or needed to be inspected for something...whats so special about a train car?

I know those are DB seats. ;) I'm just trying to show you what I saw on that truck I saw on the highway while heading to Kings Island. I saw 10 or 20 of what is circled in green on that truck.

Diamondback04_zpsdf84b7e7.jpg

• Like 2

After I left Kings Island today, I stopped by speedway to get a drink. A few moments later a flatbed carrying some of the tubular re-barb that looked like the rebar that is by flight deck pulled up. After I went inside and came out it was gone. Nothing important, just kinda interesting.

^^ replacement parts, perhaps?

All I remember is that they looked very similar to what I see on the DB trains. They may or may have not been identical though, I'm really not sure. But if what I saw is indeed destined for Kings Island, I think I can pretty much rule out the possibility of an invert. I have never seen an invert with trains that have anything that looks like what I saw.

^^ replacement parts, perhaps?

All I remember is that they looked very similar to what I see on the DB trains. They may or may have not been identical though, I'm really not sure. But if what I saw is indeed destined for Kings Island, I think I can pretty much rule out the possibility of an invert. I have never seen an invert with trains that have anything that looks like what I saw.

I would not expect trains to be in the process of delivery for the 2014 addition yet --- unless there is something odd/special about the trains and they want a prototype onsite for the announcement.