Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

And uses tons and tons of bandwidth, slows down the server and increases cost. It's inconsiderate to all concerned.

Please don't take this the wrong way Terp, but I think you might be stretching just a bit. Sure photos add to the bandwith and increase the costs but:

What about the "Guess the Coaster" thread: http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/20303-guess-the-coaster/page-93?hl=+random%20+photo

It has 93 pages full of photos of random roller coasters.

Or the "Random Photo of the Day" thread: http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/21765-random-photo-of-the-day/page-106?hl=+random%20+photo

It has 106 pages full of random photos.

Its really only inconsiderate if you are using the mobile version. Which I believe does have an option to block photos from loading (atleast my Pantech Link, a free basic phone has that option). Is it annoying yes, just say that and not that its going to cost extra money and servers and such. There are plenty of other sections on this forums that hold more than the photos than the replied posts you are talking about.

Let me ask......

Is it possible for B&M to construct a wooden coaster? Maybe pre-fab, maybe hybrid, maybe all wood?

I mean - look - wooden coasters need footers too. If it were a new type of design - a prototype - no one would really be able to tell from the pictures because nothing like it has ever been built.

Arrow did mine train coasters - wood with steel - and they did a big example of it with Gemini at Cedar Point.

And just to add some credence to my possible theory, look at the footer as you come out of The Beast's station - the one with all the guide wires keeping the circle of track taut.

It just could be - and my thinking is just as valid as anyone else's.

It could be. But most wooden coasters have many more footers than what we are seeing now. A prototype could result in less footers. But again I think KI is going steel with this one. They don't want anyone to confuse this project with SOB.

On the other hand I would love to see B&M come up with a wooden style coaster. GG has the best designs for wooden coasters, IMO. Competition like B&M and others could really make them (GG) push the envelope.

Who knows if they're done with footers yet?Could be more on the way.

Another delay could be the wood supply.

And remember - it took more than a year tp build The Beast.

Here's an example of some wooden coaster footers and construction previously at Kings Island.... I doubt it will be a wooden roller coaster

beast_550x381.jpg

(Photo Courtesy of Michael Snyder)

• Like 4

Let me ask......

Is it possible for B&M to construct a wooden coaster? Maybe pre-fab, maybe hybrid, maybe all wood?

I mean - look - wooden coasters need footers too. If it were a new type of design - a prototype - no one would really be able to tell from the pictures because nothing like it has ever been built.

Arrow did mine train coasters - wood with steel - and they did a big example of it with Gemini at Cedar Point.

And just to add some credence to my possible theory, look at the footer as you come out of The Beast's station - the one with all the guide wires keeping the circle of track taut.

It could be. But most wooden coasters have many more footers than what we are seeing now. A prototype could result in less footers. But again I think KI is going steel with this one. They don't want anyone to confuse this project with SOB.

On the other hand I would love to see B&M come up with a wooden style coaster. GG has the best designs for wooden coasters, IMO. Competition like B&M and others could really make them (GG) push the envelope.

Who knows if they're done with footers yet?Could be more on the way.

Another delay could be the wood supply.

And remember - it took more than a year tp build The Beast.

Here's an example of some wooden coaster footers and construction previously at Kings Island.... I doubt it will be a wooden roller coaster

beast_550x381.jpg

Beastunchained, I would have to agree with you. Hank you are exactly right as well though. We don't know if they are done with placing footers in and until we start to see track or hear an announcement I would agree with you nothing can be determined 100%. Everyone's opinion is valid until we get official validation from the park.
  • Like 3

Please do not quote giant posts full of pictures. Not trying to play Mod or anything, it just takes forever to load and scroll through.

***APPLAUSE!!!***

Not to mention it's highly annoying!

• Like 17

Detailed pictures are fine... in an original post. But when you quote someones previous post that includes numerous pictures, it leads to unnecessary scrolling for those accessign using a smart phone. If you reply and use the quote feature, if the post you're quoting has numerous pictures... delete them from your reply. It's common courtesy.

• Like 14

......nothing can be determined 100%. Everyone's opinion is valid until we get official validation from the park.

HaHa break out the Chesters flamin Hot Fries, I'm gettin my Passive magnetic levitation coaster themed to flying monkies!!!

• Like 1

Okay am I the only one who wants to know why it's taking over two months to discover the source of these bone-chilling screams?!

The source of the bone chilling screams are mainly coming from the parking admission booth, admissions ticketing, foodservice registers and the Fastlane ticket booth........or from the speakers behind the fence.....

(I'm only joking, so don't get your Underoos in a bunch!)

:rolleyes:

• Like 2

......nothing can be determined 100%. Everyone's opinion is valid until we get official validation from the park.

HaHa break out the Chesters flamin Hot Fries, I'm gettin my Passive magnetic levitation coaster themed to flying monkies!!!

I have my Milk Duds ready! haha

Donkeys are fun to ride on. I rode a donkey....in my dream. Meanwhile I wait for the donkey coaster to come to my park of FUN. I believe that quite possibly the idea of "flying monkeys" is fraud to my superior idea of Donkeys! The Ride

I did some research on past Cedar Fair rides. I looked at Leviathan and construction started very early like the KI project. It seems very odd, because it looks just like this. I now believe that the invert is out of the picture and it's going to be a Giga or Strata. If you take a look at the Canada's Wonderland Disscussion on TPR, you can see similar construction. The only thing that sticks out to me is the time they started construction. CW started construction in July and KI in April. I think Leviathan was a "test run" for a B&M giga. I think there either going with a looping giga, B&M strata, or a longer Leviathan(like Steel Dragon 2000, but B&M). I just believe that it would cost too much to build an invert that can take up all of the land that SOB used, plus the go-karts area. Something tells me that the ride will have near misses and go underground due to the theme KI is putting out.

1. If a looping hyper didn't work, a looping Giga won't work.

2. B&M strata? Pinch me when another strata is ever built.

3. No one ever said the ride is going to take up all of SOB, besides, I'm sure a Giga would cost more than invert.

• Like 1

2. B&M strata? Pinch me when another strata is ever built.

Wow, with the entire KIC world focusing on B&M gigas, inverts, and Intamin gigas I completely forgot about stratas....

B&M's never made one have they?

Even so a strata that did more than just straight up and down would be pretty cool. Especially if it was like this:

That looks awesome!

• Like 5

Not to mention a frickin holding brake 400 feet in the air! I guess the closest anybody has ever come to experiencing that is this:

Wow! Dragster's been stuck three times, but Kingda Ka hasn't ever. That is strange.

(I love how off topic this thread can get)

• Like 2

I highly doubt you'd see a strata coaster built at KI, you can already rule that out via the footprint you're currently seeing.

I'd place good money on that whatever is being built will be high capacity and incredibly efficient. Rides like that are something KI has sorely needed for a long time and Diamondback was a step in the right direction. Not saying you'd see another B&M hyper ala Wonderland's Behemoth/Leviathan combo, but a downtime ridden, huge cost and inefficient strata coaster - not at KI.

Let me ask......

B&M once made trains for a wooden roller coaster and then never again.

beast_550x381.jpg

That photograph is phenomenal, mind if I ask where you found it?

• Like 4

To anyone complaining about the off-topic nature of this thread, I've seen threads derail far more badly far before ever hitting 5,000 posts, especially on non-KIC sites. I mean, if you think THIS is off-topic, please don't ever visit a popular retro video gaming message board.

Personally, KIC is one of the most productive and on-topic forums I've ever had the pleasure of being a member of, and it's always nice when a topic like this comes up and kinda creates a mass consciousness, in a way.

For all of its flaws, this topic always seems to provide a good read, and, if only for that, I enjoy the speculation.

• Like 14

I would be absolutely shocked it it was a strata I'm just saying that looks awesome. I believe it will be a terraing hugger or giga with the way things are going but an invert is not totally out of the question I suppose. I guess what I am getting at is I have no idea. lol. I am loving this add on already though purely for the hype it is getting amongst us enthusiasts.

• Like 2

A strata like no limits would definitely be awesome and scary as crap. I really think what we are getting will just be something completely new and will push limits. With enough money anything is possible and I'm willing to bet those Fast Lane purchases have made a TON of cash.

• Like 1

^^I didn't quote you. Nice try.

yeah, sure you weren't.

I was replying to you. I never quoted you, though.

And uses tons and tons of bandwidth, slows down the server and increases cost. It's inconsiderate to all concerned.

Please don't take this the wrong way Terp, but I think you might be stretching just a bit. Sure photos add to the bandwith and increase the costs but:

What about the "Guess the Coaster" thread: http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/20303-guess-the-coaster/page-93?hl=+random%20+photo

It has 93 pages full of photos of random roller coasters.

Or the "Random Photo of the Day" thread: http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/21765-random-photo-of-the-day/page-106?hl=+random%20+photo

It has 106 pages full of random photos.

Its really only inconsiderate if you are using the mobile version. Which I believe does have an option to block photos from loading (atleast my Pantech Link, a free basic phone has that option). Is it annoying yes, just say that and not that its going to cost extra money and servers and such. There are plenty of other sections on this forums that hold more than the photos than the replied posts you are talking about.

Those topics use different pictures in every post. Nobody is quoting a post with twenty pictures that have already been shared in those topics.

• Like 7