Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

I highly doubt you'd see a strata coaster built at KI, you can already rule that out via the footprint you're currently seeing.

I'd place good money on that whatever is being built will be high capacity and incredibly efficient. Rides like that are something KI has sorely needed for a long time and Diamondback was a step in the right direction. Not saying you'd see another B&M hyper ala Wonderland's Behemoth/Leviathan combo, but a downtime ridden, huge cost and inefficient strata coaster - not at KI.

B&M once made trains for a wooden roller coaster and then never again.

Here's an example of some wooden coaster footers and construction previously at Kings Island.... I doubt it will be a wooden roller coaster

beast_550x381.jpg

(Photo Courtesy of Michael Snyder)

That photograph is phenomenal, mind if I ask where you found it?

Here's where I got the picture, http://www.enquirer.com/editions/1999/10/23/loc_son_of_beast_coaster.html

Fun fact: This building...

036_zpse235d93a.jpg

...used to be part of the Wild Animal Habitat and then was repurposed as the Son of Beast "bolt barn." It held hundreds of spare bolts and parts for Son of Beast. It'll be interesting to see what becomes of it.

My educated guess is that the whole area back there gets cleaned up with all that junk getting moved elsewhere. Wouldn't surprise me to see the old bolt barn bite the dust either.

• Like 1

I'm at Wright Patt, CP isn't a 4 hr drive, nor the 3hr30min it's quoted to be by google :) Hold 80-85 on 75 up, then alot of RT 6 is 45-55, but noone does that, I usually hold 65 except through residential areas I'll do limit to be safe. Record was 2hr 40 min by me for my first trip up

But yeh like I said CP is probably going to be the winner, biggest thing is wake up at 0500 to be there at around 0800, eat at dirty d's, grab a great parking spot and wait for ERT. Then all day at the park followed by a drive home and be at work on base by 0700...Dunno how I feel about all that :P KI at least is an hour south so I'd at least get some sleep in haha. But we shall see

Also do people do CP trip reports in here or just stick to Pointbuzz lol. Dunno if anyone wants the happenings and know whats over here too :P

Fun fact: This building...

036_zpse235d93a.jpg

...used to be part of the Wild Animal Habitat and then was repurposed as the Son of Beast "bolt barn." It held hundreds of spare bolts and parts for Son of Beast. It'll be interesting to see what becomes of it.

My educated guess is that the whole area back there gets cleaned up with all that junk getting moved elsewhere. Wouldn't surprise me to see the old bolt barn bite the dust either.

Esp with that tree growing out of the top of that booth. lol

• Like 1

Yeah, I have done many tours in FOF and seen all the 'stuff' in there.

As for the shed, I would say it is cleared out when/if that area gets used.

I still believe 2014 ride is not a big as a footprint as some believe but hopefully wrong.

But really, when do you just get rid of stuff. Some of it is 'historical' for the park but is just rusting

outside so why keep it all. They just need to build a big storage building and store whatever they

keep there if it is worthwhile to keep. Hey they tried selling SOB track pieces, so how about bolts.

Anyone know really how many pieces of SOB were sold? I did my time on that ride and way over it.

• Like 1