Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

I was talking ti worker who works at sky flyer. Ad she said sometimes you hear screams..

Well yea it is an amusement park there is rides all over the place and people scream.

no the lady said it is the speakers playing the noise

Catpohl, I understand that you're new here (unless you're a long term spectator), and I think we've had our fair share of double posting, but please try to avoid quadruple posting.

You also 1 word post in one of them.

Also, decoding is impossible when you guys beat me to the punch D:<

Also, I've been thinking about the tweet the said something about fire and the scarecrow, I have a feeling it's gonna be something with the fireworks for Fourth of July.

Unless we already decoded that.

• Like 8

Catpohl, I understand that you're new here (unless you're a long term spectator), and I think we've had our fair share of double posting, but please try to avoid quadruple posting.

You also 1 word post in one of them.

Also, decoding is impossible when you guys beat me to the punch D:<

Also, I've been thinking about the tweet the said something about fire and the scarecrow, I have a feeling it's gonna be something with the fireworks for Fourth of July.

Unless we already decoded that.

Catpohl also needs to learn correct spelling and grammar.

• Like 1

Lots of posts, but not much going on in terms of ride construction. Kings Island is taking their time with this, I think we all should do the same. That being said, we probably could take some portions of this thread and scatter it in the off topic section...

• Like 1

Ki outfit is usually tshirt and jean shorts

Jorts?

I know what Jarts are but not Jorts. (Me showing my age LOL)

Jeans + Shorts = Jorts

Joncars05, who wore his fair share of jorts while attending middle school...

Hey, so, just a few notes since the OP hasn't posted anything in awhile:

Q: Meeting up with friends?

Friends-tv-show-1-.jpg

A: Please discuss that in a meet up thread!

Q: Do you really like wearing jean shorts?

Jorts.jpg

A: Head to Kohl's next sale or start a thread about the fashion relevancy of "jorts."

Q: Questions about why Son of Beast closed?

sob_021500_1.jpg

A: Go here: http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/25938-general-son-of-beast-discussion/

Speculating and discussing what, if anything, is coming for 2014!?

THIS is the thread to do just that.

So let's stay on topic, shall we?

About the bolt barn (can't quote, stupid mobile), I never knew that was there. It's amazing what a kid can learn when he listens (or read in this case).
My question is are the bolts still there?

When they were tearing down Son of Beast, the bolts that came off the ride were placed into barrels and hauled off presumably for scrap. I assume whatever was left in that barn was scrapped or kept depending if it could be used on other rides.

Like AZ Kinda Guy said, I assume that barn and that remaining stuff out there will be cleaned up once a new ride opens on that occupied spot even though by all indications it seems a new ride won't be going out that far. I'm surprised that they let so much stuff out there remain visible from the tower.

• Like 27

I wish I had Don's job... Even for one day.

If you're interested in a job in the PR industry, try calling or emailing Don at the park, explain your interest and ask if you can bend his ear for a bit. I've found him to be very approachable and nice, so hopefully he'd make a bit of time for you. As an attorney, I'm always trying to give back by offering to mentor law students or offer up my workplace as a place to job shadow. While Don's job may seem glamorous, it's not all peaches and cream. I'm glad he's the park's spokesperson, compared to the people Paramount had.

• Like 1

No job is just peaches & cream lol...Well..Eh there are a few but it's so unobtainable I'm not even bringing it up. However, being an enthusiast, getting to go from enthusiast counting coaster cred to PR of a whole park would probably be a jaw dropper for most. However, eh I wouldn't want his job, it'd be neat, but PR isn't my thing. I'd rather be in charge of park/ride ops or have Monty Jasper's job...Awesome job, awesome guy, and awesome son, worked with him in 2011. But his job is badass in the company

I FOUND THE Banshee!

http://www.mercurynews.com/bay-area-news/ci_23587736

7/3/13

SANTA CLARA -- It's a twister that guarantees riders give up more than just a few timid whoo-hoo's. But the blood-curdling screams are being silenced as Great America's latest attraction -- the Gold Striker roller coaster -- was shut down this week after the shrieks got a few decibels too loud for its not-so-amused neighbors.

Now, the theme park is busy sound-proofing Northern California's fastest and tallest wooden coaster in time for the Fourth of July: They're building a new tunnel to muffle the sounds of the wheeled carts loaded with screaming Banshees.

Time to start an awesome Rumor!

Gold Striker is being moved to Kings Island because Prudential is threatening to sue Cedar Fair!

Throw that sucker in sea-cans and get it here pronto!

Honestly, I feel for our CGA friends.. This build stuff next to an amusement park and complain is driving me crazy.

Similar issue in Sacramento - http://www.nbcnews.com/id/17988849

- Ride the Screamer! (But no shrieking please) Neighbors’ complaints spur amusement park to institute a no-noise rule

Riders are being told if they scream they are kicked off the ride! - because a NEW development across an Interstate is complaining of the noise.

Whats next Flight Deck closes at 8pm due to GWL complaints.

Honestly I think that CF and these theme parks need to stand up for THEIR zoning rights... I'm not complaining that I hear planes in my back yard, because I live 1 mile from the airport. Because airports have plane noise. Theme parks have people screaming in fear/joy..

Back to the topic.. Construction crews dug holes and poured concrete somewhere in Warren County, OH today!

• Like 5