Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

If only we had a topic to discuss amusement park zoning issues...

Edit: For the record, mulimann posted some great links, but maybe they'd be better here: http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/27359-whos-going-to-other-parks/#entry514318

Now what was that about 2014?

I am totally down for Zoning.. In fact I am reading Mason's City Council Minutes. Now, just gotta make a trip to do a little building permit query, since Mason is in the last decade with no online permit system.

• Like 3

If only we had a topic to discuss amusement park zoning issues...

Edit: For the record, mulimann posted some great links, but maybe they'd be better here: http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/27359-whos-going-to-other-parks/#entry514318

Now what was that about 2014?

I am totally down for Zoning.. In fact I am reading Mason's City Council Minutes. Now, just gotta make a trip to do a little building permit query, since Mason is in the last decade with no online permit system.

Perhaps they are that way for a reason??

Hey, so, just a few notes since the OP hasn't posted anything in awhile:

Q: Meeting up with friends?

Friends-tv-show-1-.jpg

A: Please discuss that in a meet up thread!

Q: Do you really like wearing jean shorts?

Jorts.jpg

A: Head to Kohl's next sale or start a thread about the fashion relevancy of "jorts."

Q: Questions about why Son of Beast closed?

sob_021500_1.jpg

A: Go here: http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/25938-general-son-of-beast-discussion/

Speculating and discussing what, if anything, is coming for 2014!?

THIS is the thread to do just that.

So let's stay on topic, shall we?

About the bolt barn (can't quote, stupid mobile), I never knew that was there. It's amazing what a kid can learn when he listens (or read in this case).

My question is are the bolts still there?

When they were tearing down Son of Beast, the bolts that came off the ride were placed into barrels and hauled off presumably for scrap. I assume whatever was left in that barn was scrapped or kept depending if it could be used on other rides.

Like AZ Kinda Guy said, I assume that barn and that remaining stuff out there will be cleaned up once a new ride opens on that occupied spot even though by all indications it seems a new ride won't be going out that far. I'm surprised that they let so much stuff out there remain visible from the tower.

So it only took you 180 pages to start moderating this topic! :P Hope it cleans up a bit! haha

So it only took you 180 pages to start moderating this topic! :P Hope it cleans up a bit! haha

Well, to be perfectly honest, I don't have much to do with KIC anymore. I'll step in when I get an abundant amount of texts/pms/facebook messages about something going haywire. If only the active staff stopped by more.

• Like 3

...I'm glad he's the park's spokesperson, compared to the people Paramount had.

Jeffrey Siebert is a class act and letting him get away was one of the biggest mistakes KI made.

And then there was David Mandt, Carolyn Boos, Bill Mefford and on and on (I didn't mention Barb Colnar did I? Imagine that...)

Don's good at what he does, but many of the Paramount people were, too. Look at where many of them are today.

• Like 6

Well I will most likely be wearing my Avenged Sevenfold t-shirt and white shorts (seems to be my favorite "KI outfit")

If yah see me, dont be shy and say hello.

okay will do (: ill most likely be wearing the jay bruce tshirt I get at the game saturday and shorts (: were going to CP next week! cant wait

^

Length Predictions

If it's a:

• Giga- just under or over 5,000 ft
  • Floorless- over 4,000 ft
  • Invert- just under 4,000 ft
  • Wing- 4,000 to 4,500 ft
  • Dive- around 3,000 ft
  • Blitz- around 4,500 ft
  • Strata- around 2,000 ft
  • 4-Dimensional- around 3,500 ft
  • Like 3

Does anyone else think they may build over Adventure Express? There is a huge area of trees behind AE's station that could be used as a lift hill. Also I think that because the lift hills direction puts the ride into AE's area unless it curves or something. I also will not judge what type of ride it is unless the footers get a lot more spread out than they are right now. How can you judge a rides type with the type of footers anyway? Just because Montu or Leviathan uses those type of footers doesn't mean that they use the same type of footers for every type of that coaster. I think our predictions are valid until we see the supports and track show up. Also didn't SFMM say the same thing (removing for future park expansion) when they removed Pysclone and Flashback? Stashua123 letting that off his chest. Just my opinion you can disagree if you want.-End of Predictions and ironies

• Like 6

I agree tearing down Adventure Express would make sense but I don't think it will be that large.There are footers by Top Gun (Flight Deck) so it will most likely go that way

Who said tearing down AE would make sense, besides you?

check post before me