Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

...I'm glad he's the park's spokesperson, compared to the people Paramount had.

Jeffrey Siebert is a class act and letting him get away was one of the biggest mistakes KI made.

And then there was David Mandt, Carolyn Boos, Bill Mefford and on and on (I didn't mention Barb Colnar did I? Imagine that...)

Don's good at what he does, but many of the Paramount people were, too. Look at where many of them are today.

And, while her tenure was pre-Paramount, of course the legendary Ruth Voss

• Like 4

There are a lot of misinterpreted posts in this thread. Some individuals mistake a simple correction as some sort of harsh attack on their intelligence. No one is insulting you, they are just trying to ensure that you're well informed. Would you rather not be corrected and have a misconstrued view of the present situation? I am usually a man of few words on this forum. I usually just enjoy looking at other opinions, but I felt the need to address this issue. I would just like to kindly ask those who feel threatened by a simple fact check to keep an open mind. You will gain more knowledge about KI and the Amusement park Industry in general that way.

• Like 15

I wish I had Don's job... Even for one day.

If you're interested in a job in the PR industry, try calling or emailing Don at the park, explain your interest and ask if you can bend his ear for a bit. I've found him to be very approachable and nice, so hopefully he'd make a bit of time for you. As an attorney, I'm always trying to give back by offering to mentor law students or offer up my workplace as a place to job shadow. While Don's job may seem glamorous, it's not all peaches and cream. I'm glad he's the park's spokesperson, compared to the people Paramount had.

It's been a LONG time since I've seen a post so off the mark and that has ruffled my (typically) unrufflable feathers. "The people Paramount had" like Jeffrey Seibert, Maureen Kaiser Richmond, David Mandt are not only top notch Marketeers, but amazing persons as well.

Jeff S. is Marketing Director at Six Flags Fiesta Texas, and that's following his long tenure at Schlitterbahn. He, his wife Lisa (and their kids) are amazingly kind, intelligent and generous people.

Maureen has been the Marketing Director of several organizations, and is the mother of adorable sons, she too is quite a great lady (a real class act!) Maureen herself plowed KI through the nightmare that was the SOB "incident." She's to be applauded for her grace and dignity through that time.

David Mandt helps spearhead IAAPA - which he has done since leaving Paramount Parks. David is a gem of a guy, who literally walked in and cleaned up the biggest PR mess KI has ever had (thank you Ms Colnar.) You'd be lucky to know him.

Before you make such an uninformed statement, you should know your facts. "Those people Paramount had" are some of the best in the industry.... literal legends... and the friends of many here. Although I also credit Don for all the hard work he's done for Ki through the years both unofficially... and officially... I can't let someone knock the former teams that helped lead KI in the past.

Shaggy

• Like 21

Jeff Seibert and Don Helbig are friends as well. I've had the pleasure of working with Jeff, Maureen and David and they truly are great at what they do no matter what corporate logo they happen to be behind.

• Like 6

I'm excited just hearing about the "bone chilling screams" playing from park speakers.

This is starting to seem Beast-esque to me.

I know! I like this peeling the mystery like an onion approach, with the scarecrows, and now the screams. It's turning into a great campaign, and relatively inexpensive.

• Like 5

A worker on the top of the Eiffel Tower said that they are still surveying the land to figure out what they could build.This was such a big lie, I know now that they know what the ride is.

I FOUND THE Banshee!

http://www.mercurynews.com/bay-area-news/ci_23587736

7/3/13

SANTA CLARA -- It's a twister that guarantees riders give up more than just a few timid whoo-hoo's. But the blood-curdling screams are being silenced as Great America's latest attraction -- the Gold Striker roller coaster -- was shut down this week after the shrieks got a few decibels too loud for its not-so-amused neighbors.

Now, the theme park is busy sound-proofing Northern California's fastest and tallest wooden coaster in time for the Fourth of July: They're building a new tunnel to muffle the sounds of the wheeled carts loaded with screaming Banshees.

Time to start an awesome Rumor!

Gold Striker is being moved to Kings Island because Prudential is threatening to sue Cedar Fair!

Throw that sucker in sea-cans and get it here pronto!

Honestly, I feel for our CGA friends.. This build stuff next to an amusement park and complain is driving me crazy.

Similar issue in Sacramento - http://www.nbcnews.com/id/17988849

- Ride the Screamer! (But no shrieking please) Neighbors’ complaints spur amusement park to institute a no-noise rule

Riders are being told if they scream they are kicked off the ride! - because a NEW development across an Interstate is complaining of the noise.

Whats next Flight Deck closes at 8pm due to GWL complaints.

Honestly I think that CF and these theme parks need to stand up for THEIR zoning rights... I'm not complaining that I hear planes in my back yard, because I live 1 mile from the airport. Because airports have plane noise. Theme parks have people screaming in fear/joy..

Back to the topic.. Construction crews dug holes and poured concrete somewhere in Warren County, OH today!

It's to be expected.....It's California.... :rolleyes: (I'm soooooo glad that KI has a gigantic buffer zone.)

• Like 3

Went to KI today....there is a circle of footers behind the switch back curve of Flight Deck/or Topgun/or Swoops (whichever name you prefer) and the area where several trees were cut down behind AE has footers now.....It almost looks like the ride is kind of following the access road....

Didn't have my camera but it also looks like a line of trees in the forest from the edge of the rosebowl back towards the open field where SOB dropped over the hill into it's loop and parallel to the main park may have been cut through the woods.....(could be an illusion)

Someone take pictures please!

• Like 2

Inverts don't take up a lot of land. Intamin giga...

There's absolutely no way in the world you can say that. Look at these overhead images from Google Maps. They are both at the same scale.

- The red outlined area of the first picture is the area taken up by Alpengeist.

- The red outlined area for the second image is the currently known construction area for KI Project 2014.

iwvl.jpg

50zk.jpg

As you can see, a B&M invert is very capable of taking up a lot of land. And don't forget....this is most likely a custom design, which means an invert could very well spread out to fill the red area in the second image, if not extend beyond it.

• Like 1

The intamin giga will be cheaper than the b&m. Does anyone have any pph estimates for leviathian? With the chain lift and what appears to be a 1000' break run it looks to me as not being as efficent as MF.

Leviathan has 4-across seating, so that will give it a boost. Probably enough to give it a theoretical capacity higher than MF.

You're so set on this Intamin giga coaster, aren't you? What makes you think it won't be a B&M coaster? Please enlighten us.

It's not like your just shooting down other people's ideas or anything. I mean, everyone is entitled their own opinion, right? You seem very confident that its gonna be a b and m invert, which I have nothing against that idea, as I love their coasters and someday hope to work for them, but unless you have proof that its an invert, I think there's still a good chance it could be a giga, which would be awesome.

Mer, just pointin' out.

The intamin giga will be cheaper than the b&m. Does anyone have any pph estimates for leviathian? With the chain lift and what appears to be a 1000' break run it looks to me as not being as efficent as MF.

MF Capacity: 875 PPH Leviathan capacity: 1600 PPH you seem to have forgotton Intamins downtime/ non B&M people eater trains

Edit: my sources were the Cedar Point and Canada's wonderland websites, respectively.

If those are to scale, I'm drunk. Seriously though. Take a good look. Kings Islands pic is zoomed out much more than the other. I don't care what google maps says

I'd have to agree, there is no way that those are to scale. I do, however, agree that an invert can still take up a lot of land. And I do still hope we see an invert with at least 7 inversions.

Why would I lie? What would it gain me to do that? I'm not the one repeatedly asserting this will be an Intamin giga while not providing any reasonable evidence or proof. If you guys don't believe me, go to Google Maps and look it up yourself. In the bottom left corner is the scale. Make sure they're the same on each map you're looking at.

If you go to Bing Maps, you'll find the same exact thing.

Zoom in close enough so the primary interval is 100'. Even if the scales are off, it still doesn't mean a custom designed invert couldn't be built to fill the amount of space where we currently see footers.

You're so set on this Intamin giga coaster, aren't you? What makes you think it won't be a B&M coaster? Please enlighten us.

It's not like your just shooting down other people's ideas or anything. I mean, everyone is entitled their own opinion, right? You seem very confident that its gonna be a b and m invert, which I have nothing against that idea, as I love their coasters and someday hope to work for them, but unless you have proof that its an invert, I think there's still a good chance it could be a giga, which would be awesome.

Mer, just pointin' out.

I never said Kings Island's new ride was a B&M inverted coaster. Show me where I said that.

This is why I don't think it's an Intamin coaster: http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/27275-starting-to-decode-2014/?p=524912

Here's Intimidator 305's track support footings, notice how square the holes are compared to the track support footings of a B&M's and Kings Island's attraction?

101209009.jpg

Goliath (B&M hyper) footings:

lij8aq6o3ddc6dl000evhg.jpg

Our footings are more like Goliath's than I-305's.