Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

I honestly don't understand this continued debate over B&M and Intamin. Both are respected. Although some of us would like to be convinced, or desire one over the other, in the end, the ride is still going to be a new experience, that in many cases be a positive experience for the coaster riding community. Just take a breath, relax, enjoy this beautiful wet day, and be thankful that we have near certainty that this ride isn't being designed/produced by RCCA/PKI.

The whole B&M vs Intamin debate is completely irrelevant.

To be honest, I don't care if a ride was designed by a conglomerate of the greatest coaster designers in history or an insurance salesman; what matters is the ride experience, and anyone who claims one company always provides a better ride experience than the other doesn't round round get around enough.

• Like 2

Bolliger and Mabilard. . . basically rules the hyped coaster.

Ain't that the truth!

I agree, they produce so many hyped coasters that are busts.

Busts? Really? I don't think that's the right word. They all bring more money to the park; Diamondback, Leviathan, and Gatekeeper more recently.

• Like 4

"I'll tell you a riddle. You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you don't know for sure. But it doesn't matter. How can it not matter to you where that train will take you?"

• Like 4

Does this sound familiar:

You are on a b&m and your hyped up and then you hit a trim brake...

it is just as familiar to be in line for an Intamin ride and have it shut down for mechanical reasons.

This B&M-Intamin war is getting good!

• Like 2

Ain't that the truth!

I found this link for you, YoungStud. It might be helpful. Consider using it to express your complaints/disappointments about B&M coasters, as well as your desires for Intamin....see what they say.

http://www.cedarfair.com/ir/contact/

• Like 1

"I'll tell you a riddle. You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you don't know for sure. But it doesn't matter. How can it not matter to you where that train will take you?"

Because it is the journey itself that matters?

You are on a b&m and your hyped up and then you hit a trim brake...

it is just as familiar to be in line for an Intamin ride and have it shut down for mechanical reasons.

This B&M-Intamin war is getting good!

I bet its a coaster with steel track and wooden supports and pushed up the hills with water. top speed of 92.846723 mph

Made by: Derail Amusements

(this is just a joke)

Can we just agree that people like Intamin and B&M and be done with it, at least on this thread? Its annoying reading the same conversation brought up multiple times. You guys can always start another thread on the B&M and Intamin debate and leave this thread for, well, decoding.

• Like 10

What I am saying is who knows what Intamin plans.

There is more area in a square thus more concrete for the footers.

Circles has less area thus less concrete.

Maybe intamin was over budget a tad and changed to circular footers or they are introducing a new track design.

Or the customer said they wanted circular footers for aesthetic pourposes.

Or you're just trying to sound like you know what you're talking about...

• Like 3

A new coaster is coming to a park you frequently visit, and on said park's most popular fan site certain members get into a debate on coaster companies, but nine months later when the ride opens nobody gives a flying feather because the ride is fun and a new coaster by a company that's not your favorite company is better than no new coaster at all.

The stubbornness of some people is amazing.

• Like 11

On the coaster aspect, I am surprised they haven't laid more footers. I know they have expanded by FD and Ae, but I thought there would be more by this time. Don't get me wrong, they still have plenty of time to lay more.

They have been laying footers down in the valley, out of sight of prying eyes... :ph34r:

• Like 1

Ain't that the truth!

Okay, then, I guess you wouldn't mind if they took down Diamonback.

HEY! MOVE THAT CRANE OVER HERE!!! NO! DON'T HIT....that....oops...darnit

• Like 2

Also hate to break it to you, but intamins reputation went out the door with shoot the rapids. B&m is a very healthy thriving relationship again with the park and does create quality work, however intamin has had nothing but problem after problem that needs to he tended to. You can't look at it from a ki perspective, but as a Cedar Fair perspective. What has the parks been putting out lately...

• Like 1

Maybe its the customer's fault.

As soon as xcelerator was designed:

Mr kinzel: I want a ride twice the height at Cedar Point.

Intamin: we would like to gradually move up in speed to perfect the hydraulic launch.

Mr. Kinzel: I will hire someone else.

Intamin: we will do it.

Look at the complexity of rides Cedar Fair buys from intamin. Intamin is the only company that will attempt such projects.