Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

...On the actual topic of this thread: there was no rain today but do workers work on Sundays?

Depends on the contract and contractor. There is a construction schedule. Sundays are normally overtime. Usually such days are not worked unless the contractor is behind schedule or can make more by delivering the site early.

Some just get way too butt hurt when others disagree with their personal view, then publicly cry about it.

This is a KI park forum. There is no serious Earth-shattering decisions made here. I personally love having fun with some (even poking fun at myself), but never let it get serious enough where I am actually mad.

Those who choose to get emotionally mad at this stuff will certainly have (if it's not difficult already) a difficult time in the real World. People will purposely push your buttons just to get an emotional reaction because at that point you are no longer actually using intelligent reasoning but are letting your emotions take over.

If it's happening here, you know it must be happening in your personal life.

• Like 14

@BeastForever, kinda looks like Diamondback.

I know, I had a better one drawn out before that looked more like Leviathan but I accidently deleted it.

However in other words, gee I sure missed a lot when I took that nap! :blink:

I think you guys need a Snickers break...

• Like 5

secondson has told us how he feels, for better or for worse. Let's not call him a drama queen or a hypocrite.

No one likes to feel like they're being picked on, whether the feeling is justified or not. By our responses, I think we've justified it.

Yes, this site is all for fun, and no one should be taking it personally. For some members, especially those new to our ways, that's easier said than done.

start talking like you have an IQ above 50.

Sorry. I have a lot of respect for you, but comments like that one are uncalled for. If we're going to criticize, can we keep it civil?

• Like 12

Soo... Uh... Kings Island anyone?

Let's see if we can get this train back on track.

New Ride 2014. Many questions can still be asked:

What kind of ride? Coaster? Anyone out there think it will not be a coaster?

When will the release be? July? August? What year? 2013? 2014?

If coaster, what kind? Made by who? What color will it be?

Is there anything in the park that all this construction has made us forget about? Maybe a giant empty tan box in Rivertown?

What if all this construction is a slight diversion?

Maybe the year 2014 has more in store for us than this so called "Banshee"...

• Like 7

I have been giving some thought to joining a coaster club this off season in order to hopefully be able to go on a media day like they did for Gatekeeper. I'm leaning towards the Greater Ohio Coaster Club. They seem to have some nice events and its not expensive at all for a family membership.

• Like 11

And now for some speculation news.....went to KI this evening, crowds were lite....rode Adventure Express and Top Flight Swoops....(sorry Flight Deck...couldn't help myself) viewing very briefly on both rides, the field and hillside construction is moving along and both areas are COVERED with orange flags making it look like a poppy field. More to come later this week......your Action Speculation Reporter signing off....

• Like 9

I'd seriously doubt it would be the world's longest for most ride types, but that is a possibility if this is a Giga Coaster...but most inverted, floorless, dive machine, and wing rider coasters (the other types I have seen considered here) don't go very far past 4000 feet, however, and the record to beat is currently 8,133.2 feet- held by Steel Dragon 2000 in Japan, which is also still the world's tallest (318ft) and fastest (95mph) roller coaster that isn't launched. It has held these records for nearly 13 years now, as it opened in August 2000...

• Like 10

Snickers are best chilled.

I like them deep fried! Yum!

I like the Ice Cream Snickers, but one must hide them in my freezer or they end up like an Ed Alonzo trick (They disappear!). Just to stay on topic, I seen the construction site tonight with the scarecrows guarding the footers. Sorry, that's all I got for now. :D

• Like 4

^^^

Yep. Steel Dragon 2000 also cost $50,000,000 (was another record when the ride opened, but this one has since fallen to the insanely expensive Expedition Everest which was $100,000,000)- and it put Morgan into bankruptcy to build it. Granted, a good chunk of that was because it's in Japan and hence must survive strong Earthquakes, but still. Then there's another issue- Steel Dragon 2000 was SBNO for 3 years, according to RCDB. And it just got new trains from B&M not too long ago...

If Kings Island does want to go the 8,200'+ Giga route, I'd estimate it would take at least $30,000,000+ to do so, especially if they want a respected manufacturer like Intamin or B&M to build it. I don't know if Project 2014 has that big a budget or not...

BTW, here is a picture of Steel Dragon 2000's lift hill and support structure...not hard to see why this thing cost $50,000,000!

njropegq6g2c8095c000iq.jpg

And for comparison...Millennium Force, a Intamin Giga that opened the same year...and was roughly about half the price...

9ik9900095thit1kdhrh30.jpg

• Like 8

We packed a picnic and noshed until the cars all left. Well, really until some drunken guy approached us, dramatically ripped of his shirt (only to reveal a flabby midsection), and kept insisting I was his 'contact', and he kept looking skyward as he said so. I know I look like David Bowie, but sheez -

We pack a nosh when we go to Ki and stay til after fireworks. I'm gonna be stuck anyway, might as well have coffee and make an event out of it.

Do you really look like David Bowie?! :D

Honestly, I think it has to do more with my facial expressions when I talk, but they called me Bowie in high school- skinny white

girl with a DA, what did I expect? My eyes are Dark, so it must be expressions and face shape.

There's a picture from way back in 87 (when I worked in a costume shop), where I'm dressed as the Goblin King for the in-house catalogue,

• Like 4

secondson has told us how he feels, for better or for worse. Let's not call him a drama queen or a hypocrite.

No one likes to feel like they're being picked on, whether the feeling is justified or not. By our responses, I think we've justified it.

Yes, this site is all for fun, and no one should be taking it personally. For some members, especially those new to our ways, that's easier said than done.

start talking like you have an IQ above 50.

Sorry. I have a lot of respect for you, but comments like that one are uncalled for. If we're going to criticize, can we keep it civil?

Nemo,

I have to agree with Malem here. I have the utmost respect for you, and many others, on this site but that was a little overboard. Degrading someones (anyone's for that matter) opinions, beliefs,IQ, or ideals does not bode well with me, especially on an online forum. You can disagree with someone and not be happy with the way the forum is going, but to blatantly call someone out and say they are stupid (ie below a 50 IQ) crosses the line for me. No matter how true or untrue it may be, it is something that should not be said. In these circumstances its best to keep your mouth shut. "If you cant say anything nice, don't say anything at all" - words that, I too, at one time blew off and only recently (within the last 4 years) understand how important these words are.

Maybe we should go back to talking about potholes until hard evidence arises we can decode. At least that was non argumentative....

Edit - I wanted to add a little un-serious finishing comment :P

• Like 1