Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

^ Scroll down on the page and read where it says what was approved for publication.http://www.trademarkia.com/Banshee-85913369.html

Approvals from the USPTO can come in bits and pieces; especially if the applicant files a formal response to an initial rejection. The key isn't what is approved (since that's determined by the USPTO), but rather the content of the application being filed (which shows the intent of the applicant AKA Cedar Fair). Even if Banshee™ isn't granted for "Amusement Park Ride" use, that doesn't necessarily mean the park won't be using it.

Not saying that the name is guaranteed to be Banshee, but just because the USPTO only approved use for "keychains" doesn't mean the park can't / won't name the ride Banshee.

• Like 1

The description provided to the USPTO for Banshee is Metal key chains.

http://www.trademarkia.com/Banshee-85913369.html

If you look at the filing on the actual USPTO website, you can see the full filing which is not just for "Metal key chains". That Trademarkia website (which isn't very good) only shows the first item listed in the "Good and Services". It appears all uses in their application (i.e. Amusement park rides) have been approved.

http://tsdr.uspto.gov/documentviewer?caseId=sn85913369&docId=APP20130427073436#docIndex=2&page=1

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4801:kv9q2y.2.2

• Like 1

KK does not roll back as a rule. It has kicker wheels at the top.

Unless you meant the park...

Not to derail almost 12 hours later, but KK does NOT have kicker wheels at the top to prevent rollbacks. It does have magnetic trims it seems, but only to seemingly slow the train if it crests the hill too fast.

or to pull the car forward...

Never posted before but this is killing me

I've read pretty much this entire thread. I'm pretty dang sure this will be an invert. At first I was a little disappointed about this, but then I rode Silver Bullet and that ride is seriously awesome. It's much better than Raptor IMO. I believe it was called forceless at one point in this thread. It is anything but. That last helix could black someone out. I'm excited for next year.

EDIT - Apparently I don't know how to embed.

• Like 2

The USPTO has only approved publication, not the trademark registration.

Which means the USPTO's examiners have given initial approval for the application (meaning they see no infringement). When they publish the mark, anyone who feels the mark infringes on their own trademark has 30 days from the date of publication to file a formal complaint for review. If there are no formal complaints filed, the mark is then officially registered.

• Like 2

Or the website is old and the ride its advertising is not new any more, the site gets barely any traffic, and they simply decided not to renew the domain any longer.

If this thread were correct, literally every action the park has taken in the past year is directly related to the new ride. Which is entirely untrue.

• Like 7

The only thing I'm beginning to notice is the fact that this thread has suddenly and inexplicably become far more civilized than it was twenty or so pages ago.

Strange occurrence, to say the least, but pleasant nonetheless.

• Like 11

Or the website is old and the ride its advertising is not new any more, the site gets barely any traffic, and they simply decided not to renew the domain any longer.

If this thread were correct, literally every action the park has taken in the past year is directly related to the new ride. Which is entirely untrue.

for all we know, every action the park has taken in the past year may not be related at all to the new ride. But wheres the fun in thinking like that?

• Like 1

Maybe KI will bring in M. Night Shyamalan to theme the coaster. Of course he would have to make the final twist incredibly stupid!

Nooo! Much like his recent films, the ride would suck!

• Like 1

they appear to have ovals cut into them (this was first noticed awhile ago, when it wasn't quite so "wet") similar to other B&M footers used in other projects.

Is that a new footer in pict 4 & 5, all the way to the left, by the fire hydrant and light pole??? If what I'm envisioning is correct, it appears that would be as far "into the current Action Zone" that this ride will extend and those hoping/thinking it will extend to where they took the water tower out will be dissapointed (I'm one who was/is hoping that this ride does extend out to the water tower area offering a little "walk under" section). I could be way off, but it seems like the layout is really taking shape, I'm thinking all the footers behind Sling Shot are for the final portion of the ride, with the lift hill extending out to SOBs space, obviously hard to tell what is going on out there at the moment.