Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

I was there July 2, I never rode flight deck that day. The Beast was around 45 mins. Very suprising that it was 40mins, thats good. Everytime I have been there it was very short. If ppl ride it then they wont take it out. Its a very fun ride. All I was saying earlier is that we need more longer ride coasters, flight deck + blacklot is fun and They are in my top 5 fav, just wish they were longer is all. I stand down lol

• Like 2

A 40-minute wait...for Flight Deck? On a day when Beast was 45 minutes!?!?!? Wow, this is one time when I am actually happy to hear a ride is getting a decent wait time...looks like the 2014 construction alone is drawing people down to ride Flight Deck. Probably bumping up Drop Tower & Delirium ridership, too. I can only imagine what may well happen when Project 2014 actually opens...

• Like 4

A 40-minute wait...for Flight Deck? On a day when Beast was 45 minutes!?!?!? Wow, this is one time when I am actually happy to hear a ride is getting a decent wait time...looks like the 2014 construction alone is drawing people down to ride Flight Deck. Probably bumping up Drop Tower & Delirium ridership, too. I can only imagine what may well happen when Project 2014 actually opens...

that may be true, but last night, a rather busy thursday evening with great weather, congo falls was completely dead. And by dead, I mean my 5 year old and I were the only 2 people in the que when we walked up, and when out boat left, the only other people on the boat were people that were re-riding the ride from their previous trip (and perhaps several befor it). I forgot how much air time you get on that ride, I'm hoping ridership gets propped up there as well by this attraction, I'm sure flight deck will see a significant bump in ridership next season.

Hi! I am new here, though I have been visiting KI since I was in my mother's womb (literally, she rode The Racer when she was 7 months pregnant with me back in 1981). I have been following this thread since late May when my family visited KI and I noticed they were building something where SOB used to be. My internet research led me to this forum.

I really don't have enough knowledge to speculate on what the new ride is, but I wanted to say that I am disappointed to see that the majority here seem to think this will be an invert. Personally, I have found most inverts that I have ridden to be very uncomfortable and disorienting. I love thrill rides and love sharing the experience with my 10 year old son, who is just now 54 inches. However, I would be hesitant to let him ride an intense invert, due to the force of all the positive Gs. It seems to me that an invert would go against the theory that CF wants to build rides that families can enjoy together. Maybe others don't share my opinion, but I'd rather take my kids on a giga coaster or a fun Maverick-style coaster, than on an intense inverted coaster. It seems if that is the direction they are going in, then they are catering to thrill seekers and not to families. That's just my 2 cents which probably isn't worth even that.

• Like 4

Anyways. If it was a 4d coaster how awesome would this be?

As Much as I like this, This Coaster design has way to much of a thing called "Theming"... And we all know Cedar Fair's Attitude towards that... or rather, their Lack of attitude..

Can we really say that about Cedar Fair now?....

Lets give the company a few more years and see how the theming at the parks goes......Because so far, Matthew has the parks and the company headed in a good direction.

Just remember.... Out with the Kinzel - In with the Ouimet...

I'm actually really glad Kinzel's gone. He was too old-fashioned. With Ouimet now in office it's time for the modernization to begin!

• Like 2

DrummerKid didn't ask about buildings, as there are none behind Firehawk.

How else are you going to get around Firehawk? Flight of Fear blocks one way and the maintenance buildings block the other.

The same access road that led many during prior Haunts to the Haunted Trail.

If you look where the yellow line I drew starts on the left hand side of the photo, there is an access gate that leads to the maintenance roads that lead you behind Firehawk and to more access roads.

firehawkroads_zps81ca07e1.png

Buildings wouldn't have to be necessarily moved, but the perimeter around them would have to be blocked better, like access gates to storage next to Racer.

• Like 1

I like the idea of expanding behind X-Base. And I love the idea of adding restrooms back there. Currently you have to walk pretty far in order to get to the nearest one and having one there would be really convenient.

Anyone who has been at the park recently and has gone on Eiffel Tower, how are footers progressing?

• Like 3

They were running 2 trains on Flight deck that day and the line was all the way up the steps that lead down to the bridge that crosses over to the station. It was the longest I have ever waited for it.

Let me get this straight. On Tuesday, July 2nd 2013, Flightdeck had a 40 minute wait? That's extremely hard for me to believe! Jr... who waited 40 minutes to ride DB tonight and then decided to marathon Flightdeck and Racer soon after. I'm not saying it's not true, I'm just saying....

Sorry double post but while waiting in lines today ( yesterday now) I overheard people saying its a record breaking invert on two different occasions. It was probably just people reading or posting here that were talking but it was ironic to hear twice. You never know? I know I'm excited for next season already!