Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

This may be just me, but it looks like the lift is going towards Adventure Express, takes a drop to the right, then a loop, an immelman dive loop or immelman loop, a zero g roll, then maybe a batwing or cobra roll...thats all that i can conjure up at this moment.

Edit: If this is an invert

Edited by Zayzayd13

I've been following this thread for a while but had nothing to contribute until now. I know there was a small lynch mob formed because of a supposed sighting of Intamin track on I-71, but I have something to report.

I'm not going to say for sure that I saw coaster supports on I-275 (just past the Coney Island exit and before the Highway 52 exit), but I think I did. There were two trucks pulled over on the side of the road, each with about half a dozen long cylindrical support-looking objects on them. The "supports" were silver...shiny silver, not gray. A couple of them had smaller cylinders branching off of the main post. I'm not an expert in coaster supports, but that is what they looked like to me. Since they were pulled over, I didn't realize what they were until after I had already passed them and I was on my way to work, otherwise I would have tried to get a picture. I work in Clermont County, but it seems like the trucks would have had to have come from Kentucky or Kellogg Avenue by the way they were facing.

So, if this turns out to be nothing...don't hunt me down and beat me. But if it does turn out to be something, I just wanted to put it out there that I saw them.

• Like 6

Just viewing some tweets on @KICentral and I saw "Word on International Street is that @KingsIslandPR will announce the future park expansion on Dec. 25th" posted 2 days ago.

Sorry if this has already been brought up.

I'm not an expert on marketing, so take what I'm about to say w/ a grain of salt, but announcing something, anything on Dec 25th seems about the worst day you could possibly announce a major new addition. there will be no one at the park, many, if not most people that would be interested in such a thing are tied up with their families that day, you've just missed the biggest shopping event of the year, meaning families that would get excited and purchase new season passes will have already just dropped a bundle on christmas/chaunakah (sorry for the misspelling, which I'm sure I butchered) presents, and are still trying to pay off the balance on their credit cards. On top of that, how many news outlets will want to break away from their family gatherings to cover an announcement at KI.

• Like 3

Just viewing some tweets on @KICentral and I saw "Word on International Street is that @KingsIslandPR will announce the future park expansion on Dec. 25th" posted 2 days ago.

Sorry if this has already been brought up.

Maybe a winter festivity?

I never said it would be a great idea, I'm simply quoting what KICentral posted on Twitter.

My apologies...

not blaming you, blaming whomever came up with that idea (if true) or whoever is passing it along as a rumor. I can't see how that would be a good idea, but then again, I'm no marketing expert, maybe they're going to purchase Holiday World, in which case, a Dec 25th announcement would provide some marketing sense.

Something that hasn't been talked about much is a single rider line. I would like to see a single rider line on the new ride! Maybe I don't come by myself but their is times I'm willing/wanting to be split from group to get on ride quicker.

I agree with you, however since they are selling a Fastlane pass, I doubt that will ever happen.

• Like 3

I'd be very surprised if this were the case... KI historically closes all offices for 2 weeks around Christmas. Also, from a PR standpoint, it's not wise timing. On Dec 25th, virtually everyone is "distracted" from press.

• Like 7

I've been following this thread for a while but had nothing to contribute until now. I know there was a small lynch mob formed because of a supposed sighting of Intamin track on I-71, but I have something to report.

I'm not going to say for sure that I saw coaster supports on I-275 (just past the Coney Island exit and before the Highway 52 exit), but I think I did. There were two trucks pulled over on the side of the road, each with about half a dozen long cylindrical support-looking objects on them. The "supports" were silver...shiny silver, not gray. A couple of them had smaller cylinders branching off of the main post. I'm not an expert in coaster supports, but that is what they looked like to me. Since they were pulled over, I didn't realize what they were until after I had already passed them and I was on my way to work, otherwise I would have tried to get a picture. I work in Clermont County, but it seems like the trucks would have had to have come from Kentucky or Kellogg Avenue by the way they were facing.

So, if this turns out to be nothing...don't hunt me down and beat me. But if it does turn out to be something, I just wanted to put it out there that I saw them.

Were these possibly just light poles for highway lights or such? Sounds more like that than supports for a ride.

Yeah, kids are far more focused on presents, adults are more focused on their kids.

I do believe the announcement date will be the day 2014 season passes are up for sale.

Think about it:

*Creepy voice*

"Experience the all new Bone-Chilling thrill ride at Kings Island. The world's (insert world record and roller coaster), (insert ride name)

Coming in 2014. Come face the (insert ride name)... If you dare"

*Normal and happy voice"

"Purchase your 2014 season pass"

Sorry, my imagination got to me. It sounds a lot cooler in my mind...

• Like 3

A "christmas in july" July 25th announcement would be pretty cool. Announce that along w/ season pass sales for 2014. Seems a shade early for the annuncement of season passes, but from a marketing standpoint, I think it would work.

Were these possibly just light poles for highway lights or such? Sounds more like that than supports for a ride.

Yes...I suppose that's a possibility. :( There were a few different lengths though, and the short "branches" that looked like connectors reminded me of supports. I guess I'll know for sure on my way home today if there are new lights in the area.

This may be just me, but it looks like the lift is going towards Adventure Express, takes a drop to the right, then a loop, an immelman dive loop or immelman loop, a zero g roll, then maybe a batwing or cobra roll...thats all that i can conjure up at this moment.

Oh you mean like every other invert ever?

• Like 3

Don't shortchange B&M. There could be new elements for this coaster.

• Like 1

Really? Because when you think about it...no CUSTOM built invert is the same. Oziris, Alpengiest, Montu, Silver Bullet, Nemesis to name a few. im just throwing out ideas so quit criticizing and start recognizing the possibilities. And if you think its going to be like every other invert...DON'T RIDE!