Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

I really think Don is just trying to throw us off here. He said "it may not be announced in the summer" not it will not. I will be very surprised if it not announced by the end of Summer (Sept, 21,I think).

That is not what he said. Not even close.

He said there may not be a day this summer when the ride is announced.

Sigh.

• Like 1

How is that different than what I said?

As Interpreter said, it's totally different.

Don's statement is open-ended and answers the question without answering it. Classic PR. You can change the meaning of the statement just by placing the emphasis on different nouns. Day, Ride, Summer...

• Like 8

Don's statement is open-ended and answers the question without answering it. Classic PR. You can change the meaning of the statement just by placing the emphasis on different nouns. Day, Ride, Summer...

^ These are the basics of good PR.

• Like 5

To defend myself from earlier:

My favorite steel coaster is Raptor... so to say I hate inverts is simply... No.

I was saying, literally every single B&M invert has a loop, zero g roll, cobra roll, maybe a dive loop, couple corkscrews, then a helix.

I love B&M's and I love inverts. But you can not sit here and tell me that they are unpredictable.

And if ya don't believe me, go through this list and look at the 'elements' portion of each ride.

http://rcdb.com/r.htm?ot=2&ml=6717

• Like 4

To defend myself from earlier:

My favorite steel coaster is Raptor... so to say I hate inverts is simply... No.

I was saying, literally every single B&M invert has a loop, zero g roll, cobra roll, maybe a dive loop, couple corkscrews, then a helix.

I love B&M's and I love inverts. But you can not sit here and tell me that they are unpredictable.

And if ya don't believe me, go through this list and look at the 'elements' portion of each ride.

http://rcdb.com/r.htm?ot=2&ml=6717

i never said you hate inverts

"Well.....that escalated quickly".

Isn't that what forums are for? No I meant no disrespect to Terpy. We just disagreed on things. It happens. I hope he feels the same!

I was merely trying to add some comic relief to the seriousness that had happened in the last page. You have no quails with me. :)

• Like 1

Just like Don's tweet "How about a little fire, Scarecrow".....Look what that started in the thread....

In regards to the quote, "there may not be a day this summer when the ride is announced."

Most of you seem to be missing a crucial word that discredits the entire statement. May. Meaning maybe. Which means the statement gives no definitive answer. It may not be a day this summer, but it also may be a day this summer. To me, the quote means nothing.

• Like 1