Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

I heard of a guy picking up an owl he hit with his truck thinking he killed it, big mistake! It gripped him in the chest and caused serious injury. It was on my grandparents road. Apparently the owl must have been in shock or something and another guy had to help pull the owl off of him. I have an owl who sits in a tree behind my house and I love to just listen to him, amazing creature.

• Like 8

Just saw on Screamscape that Six Flags should be announcing their 2014 park additions on August 29th. I'd say that time period would be a safe bet as to when we should expect KI's 2014 announcement. Could be before, to beat them to the punch, or soon after to steal their thunder. But either way, thats the time frame we should be expecting something.

I have to be honest, I was hoping for another airtime coaster. Diamondback is king of airtime!

If you ask me, Voyage at Holiday World has better airtime. Wildebeest in the front seat with no one else in the boat is even better.

I actually rode Wildebeest with no one else in the boat. They refused to let me sit in the very front though, for some reason, which I was OK with...I wanted the middle anyway. :P

In 2012 at HoliWood Nights, they told me I couldn't ride in the very front or very back by myself. This year at HoliWood Nights, they did not have any such restrictions. You visited this summer, didn't you? I find it odd that they would enforce that at HWN 2012 and during your visit, but not at HWN 2013.

2qwltdu.jpg

I believe it is going to be a floorless multi looper. The park could really use a nice one. I believe the footers match up with the first three inversions, and perhaps even transition down into the valley for a cobra roll. Like many other floorless loopers i believe the ride would close out with some interlocking corkscrews as well. Furthermore I believe that the first drop is going to be like the new age beemers and have no pre drop. (Very similar to Nitro at Adlabs Imagica's first drop)

Just saw on Screamscape that Six Flags should be announcing their 2014 park additions on August 29th. I'd say that time period would be a safe bet as to when we should expect KI's 2014

announcement. Could be before, to beat them to the punch, or soon after to steal their thunder. But either way, thats the time frame we should be expecting something.

SIX and FUN go their respective own ways on this. They don't compete in very many markets.

From a national perspective, it would be better to give each other space. Besides, FUN has traditionally done park announcements while SIX now does a national group announcement.

• Like 5

Just spit ballin here so bare with me:

What if they made a hybrid inverted train? Like a Diamondback-esk train but inverted? I am sure its possible, but is that even logical? It sounds like a pretty nifty hybrid train to me.

Just spit ballin here so bare with me:

What if they made a hybrid inverted train? Like a Diamondback-esk train but inverted? I am sure its possible, but is that even logical? It sounds like a pretty nifty hybrid train to me.

Wouldn't that just end up looking like this?

jkksngc9xdEYn.jpg

• Like 7

2qwltdu.jpg

I believe it is going to be a floorless multi looper. The park could really use a nice one. I believe the footers match up with the first three inversions, and perhaps even transition down into the valley for a cobra roll. Like many other floorless loopers i believe the ride would close out with some interlocking corkscrews as well. Furthermore I believe that the first drop is going to be like the new age beemers and have no pre drop. (Very similar to Nitro at Adlabs Imagica's first drop)

That would be awesome, I've rode Kraken at Seaworld and I have to say its an awesome experience. Welcome To KIC!

Hopefully this isnt the same type of hype that Shoot The Rapids had at CP! Everyone had an idea of what it was going to be, but the false clues lead to getting your hopes up for something that isnt even close to what it is, but would rather of had than what was actually being built.

I don't think this is the case with this ride, but i would rather have no clues versus false clues! Not saying any have been given, just stating my dislike of the way that PR handled Shoot The Rapids! It was fun for them, but can have a negative affect if taken too far!

I miss the days of showing up at a park and being surprised that a new ride was installed. Those days are loooonnnng gone! :)