Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Ahh crap, it seems someone already beat me to it. I came to the forum as soon as I saw the tweet.

I have a question. Do those barcode numbers vary for each project or for every segment of track? Because if the answer is the latter, what are the chances that the track segment that our friend posted on the forum (that was supposed to go to Hiede Park) are actually coming here?

I believe that if the codes vary for each segment, Don saw that picture on here and just posted that to screw with us.

Well, the first four digits of the "Job No" (6702) match the first four digits of the barcode number. The remaining digits (00029) can then be read as simply the number 29. So I would read the barcode as "job number 6702, piece number 29". Interpret that however you want.

EDIT: Also, the 00029 can be extracted from the "Part No" at the bottom of the sticker, which further supports that interpretation.

Also, "TE" = Track Element

• Like 1

Or more than likely for tracking it will come up:

Clermont Steel Fabricators

2565 Old State Route 32

Batavia, OH 45103

I don't think so. The barcode has to be able to tell the transporter where the track/supports need to go.

Maybe what you said would also come up along with the destination.

I'll bet if the barcode with the number is scanned is comes up:

Bolliger & Mabillard Inc.

Chemin des Dailles 31

CH-1870 MONTHEY

SWITZERLAND

I tried to use the barcode scanning app on my phone to scan the barcode off my computer screen, but it didn't work. Probably wouldn't have given me anything useful even if it had worked.

• Like 1

Don't want to crush some of your hopes and dreams, but remember Don reads these forums. He very likely could have saw that picture and tweeted that number just to see us all freak out.

I think we all know that. We're just clarifying what the codes/labels tell us. :)

• Like 2

Don't want to crush some of your hopes and dreams, but remember Don reads these forums. He very likely could have saw that picture and tweeted that number just to see us all freak out.

This is highly likely. I think he's telling us that it will be a B&M, but nothing beyond that. But hey: it's still fun to try to interpret every last digit!

20u6gr7.jpg

Here is the sticker from the Flying Over the Rain Forest wing coaster in China.

The number on top is not the same. jcgoble3 is correct. The Job number is the first 4 numbers while the last digits might mean something like track piece #3.

Decode away.

• Like 2

He is reading these forums at this very moment as a matter of fact...

And reading this thread as of 4:41 PM. However, he has not been active since that time.

Because he's calling his co-workers over to laugh at us! :lol:

• Like 4

The picture above from Joncars05 proves its a read herring, because 670200029 has already gone to Europe.

Didn't we already say we knew that....in fact I don't know about any one else, but I knew that since June 6th. Just sayin' ;)

The picture above from Joncars05 proves its a read herring, because 670200029 has already gone to Europe.

says who?

I would be able to tell you from pictures on Heide Park Forums but they made the pictures private so you need an account to view the track pics.

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1318421#p1318421

This is the only picture of track I could find.

Ahh crap, it seems someone already beat me to it. I came to the forum as soon as I saw the tweet.

I have a question. Do those barcode numbers vary for each project or for every segment of track? Because if the answer is the latter, what are the chances that the track segment that our friend posted on the forum (that was supposed to go to Hiede Park) are actually coming here?

I believe that if the codes vary for each segment, Don saw that picture on here and just posted that to screw with us.

Barcodes for B&M do vary for each project to a certain degree. WI = Wing Coaster, LC=Flying Coaster, IC2=Inverted Coaster, SC=Sitting Coaster, DM= Dive Coaster, FC=Floorless Coaster.

Following that follows a letter going alphabetically (Heide Park is the 7th Wing Coaster, hence the code is WI-G). Some letters are skipped as they can look like numbers and B&M doesn't want confusion.

The track piece that Don tweeted also has the WI-G code on it. This pretty much proves that the piece has absolutely nothing to do with our project. Because WI-G is already attributed to Hiede Park's Wing Coaster.

Well played Don, well played.

And if we needed more confirmation that the track in question was not headed to King's Island, the "Country of Origin" line doesn't appear on track pieces staying in the US. It's for international shipped pieces.

When I worked at the park each ride had a 3 digit section number. Action Zone rides were the 600's. I'm not sure if SOB was 670 or not, but it did open in 2000 and is 29 (out of service code) forever. That was my thought when I saw the number and it would be pretty strange for a ride that replaces SOB to have those numbers as a barcode....almost paranormal...like a ghost or something.

• Like 4

When I worked at the park each ride had a 3 digit section number. Action Zone rides were the 600's. I'm not sure if SOB was 670 or not, but it did open in 2000 and is 29 (out of service code) forever. That was my thought when I saw the number and it would be pretty strange for a ride that replaces SOB to have those numbers as a barcode....almost paranormal...like a ghost or something.

It's clear that the numbers were referring to the Heide Park Wing Coaster.