Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

If you dig a tunnel you gotta start somewhere though...

Even so, digging a tunnel from the one big hole to the other would involve tearing out at least four footers that have already been poured, or removing the machine access road.

And I have a feeling they'd dig the entire trench at once, not dig two holes then connect them.

i see what you mean

Snappy transitions and turns not banked as much are two different things. You could use the same argument on a lot of wooden coasters out there. Adventure Express' transitions aren't all that bad compared to Backlot because it doesn't have to twist as far (less of an angle differentiation to rotate), and because the turns aren't banked as much, you do get the slamming into the side. If AE were banked more, it would probably require OTSR's or as you said, leg restraints. You can control your upper body enough to get by with the lap bars only on Adventure Express.

Arrow sit down car wheels also have substantial gaps between wheels which let it shimmy more than a B&M, Intamin or Premier. Also realize Ron Toomer's technology at his disposal during his era is probably leagues beneath what they had for Backlot and Flight of Fear, not to mention the man designed rides with a coat hanger.

• Like 1

On the tunnel talk, here's what I could think would be feasible and why it's only partly being built now. If there were to be a tunnel under the walkway obviously they would likely build a trench . Considering this would disrupt a substantial area of the park this section could be saved for later. Get all the work done behind the fence during the regular season then either during haunt or after begin on expanding it further into the water tower site. Then perhaps when their finished behind the fence area it would be ready to start on the intrusion. Wishful thinking perhaps but plausible.

Snappy transitions and turns not banked as much are two different things. You could use the same argument on a lot of wooden coasters out there. Adventure Express' transitions aren't all that bad compared to Backlot because it doesn't have to twist as far (less of an angle differentiation to rotate), and because the turns aren't banked as much, you do get the slamming into the side. If AE were banked more, it would probably require OTSR's or as you said, leg restraints. You can control your upper body enough to get by with the lap bars only on Adventure Express.

Arrow sit down car wheels also have substantial gaps between wheels which let it shimmy more than a B&M, Intamin or Premier. Also realize Ron Toomer's technology at his disposal during his era is probably leagues beneath what they had for Backlot and Flight of Fear, not to mention the man designed rides with a coat hanger.

Was this posted in the wrong thread? I think this was meant for the Italian Job thread in the KIC News section.

• Like 2

it says published for opposition on 8/13/13

Word Mark: Banshee Status/
Status Date:
PUBLICATION/ISSUE REVIEW COMPLETE
7/8/2013
Serial Number: 85913369 Filing Date: 4/24/2013 Registration Number: NOT AVAILABLE Registration Date: NOT AVAILABLE Goods and Services: Metal key chains Mark Description: NOT AVAILABLE Type Of Mark: Service Mark Published For Opposition Date: 8/13/2013 Last Applicant/Owner: Cedar Fair, L.P.
Sandusky, OH 44870
Why is this contact information displayed? [Close]

The USPTO makes this data available for search by the public so that individuals can locate ownership information for intellectual property, much the same way a county might make real estate property ownership information available.

Since our website is synchronized with the USPTO data, we recommend making any data changes with the USPTO directly. Our website will auto-update when the USPTO data is updated.

You may also contact LegalForce to make a request for the removal of your personally identifiable information or trademark data. Such requests must be made in writing and will be subject to verification of ownership. This policy allows verified trademark owners to specify: (A) that their identifiable information be masked, or (B) that their trademark pages permanently deleted from LegalForce.com. Requests may be made directly to questions@legalforce.com and every effort will be made to honor them within 48 hours.

Click here for further details.

[Close]

Mark Drawing Code: Standard Character Mark Design Search: (NO DATA) Register Type: Principal Disclaimer: (NOT AVAILABLE) Correspondent:
MINTZ, LEVIN, COHN, FERRIS, GLOVSKY AND
701 PENNSYLVANIA AVE NW STE 900
WASHINGTON, DC 20004-2608
  • Like 3

On the tunnel talk, here's what I could think would be feasible and why it's only partly being built now. If there were to be a tunnel under the walkway obviously they would likely build a trench . Considering this would disrupt a substantial area of the park this section could be saved for later. Get all the work done behind the fence during the regular season then either during haunt or after begin on expanding it further into the water tower site. Then perhaps when their finished behind the fence area it would be ready to start on the intrusion. Wishful thinking perhaps but plausible.

I've thought along those lines and a tunnel coming out in the old water tower location would be cool. Problem is there are footers going in that direction now. If it were going to be a tunnel, those footers would have to be underground not at or above ground level. They would have nothing over there now, or be digging a trench in that direction and laying out the bottom of the trench with concrete and/or footers.

• Like 1

the announcement date will be 8/13/13

And you know this for sure?

EDIT: Wow, the forum software just went totally haywire on me. Posts were in the wrong order, people were replying to posts that didn't exist yet...man, it was crazy. Crazy, man. It's a sign.

• Like 2

I've thought along those lines and a tunnel coming out in the old water tower location would be cool. Problem is there are footers going in that direction now. If it were going to be a tunnel, those footers would have to be underground not at or above ground level. They would have nothing over there now, or be digging a trench in that direction and laying out the bottom of the trench with concrete and/or footers.

Unless it was like this http://cache.rcdb.com/i4utp4f0s9eb0001ql6mk1.jpg

• Like 1

I'm gonna take a wild guess here and say that track is arriving tonight and it will be staged in the parking lot overnight and taken into the park by tomorrow morning. It makes sense to me. I'd advise someone to go to Kings Island tomorrow and look around.

• Like 2

Ok, my brain hurts right now from reading the last page worth of posts.

Either something big is going on right now at the park (track or supports being delivered), or HTCO is just trying to see how many enthusiasts he can get to go up Eiffel Tower tomorrow morning.

Is there anyone who can ABSOLUTELY CONFIRM part of the parking lot is closed off?

• Like 4

Either something big is going on right now at the park (track or supports being delivered), or HTCO is just trying to see how many enthusiasts he can get to go up Eiffel Tower tomorrow morning.

Is there anyone who can ABSOLUTELY CONFIRM part of the parking lot is closed off?

Generally this time of year, at 12:15 AM, the WHOLE parking lot SHOULD be closed off...

• Like 8

Unless it was like this http://cache.rcdb.com/i4utp4f0s9eb0001ql6mk1.jpg

That tunnel ended up looking like this: http://cache.rcdb.com/nnnik8sc3p65dibio000fs.jpg

To go under the pathway and into the center of the Action Zone, it would have to be much deeper. And would have to involve a steep ascent/descent. Such as a dive loop. I think a dive loop is going there, but I think it stops short of the current concrete paths.

I do hope they put tunnels in though. They greatly improve the experience.

• Like 1

I can confirm that it is starting to finally feel like summer here in South Florida :/

And that I saw a post on another forum from what seems to be a non troll stating there is a roped off area.

Trying not to feed the trolls. Just curious.