Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

The blitz uses the exact same bolt pattern, on each side...

props to the previous poster:

IMG_4108_zps2f2cf859.jpg

Look at the foot print. If we are getting something big, as far as a invert there needs more room to have forceless elements. The blitz does not need all the room...

IM not seeing the issue with parallel footers. Diamondback has parallel footers on the lift hill, so Does Leviathan (I think). Just because it looks like parallel footers doesn't mean its going to be and Invert.

Now I may be completely wring on this. Please feel free to correct me. :)

• Like 2

Are we really having this debate again?

You simply cannot - I repeat, cannot - tell for certain the manufacturer or type of coaster based solely on the footers. You can guess all you want, but trying to figure out a manufacturer solely on footers is like trying to figure out a song's lyrics based solely on it's chord progression.

• Like 5

Number of bolts has everything to do with stress on the base of the support, not what manufacturer it is. Round vs Rectangular vs square footings is a moot argument too... manufacturers use many variety of shapes for their footings.

The only clue found with footers often lies in the cut-outs on the tops. Intamin and B&M use different "insert" shapes at the base of their supports. B&M requires a diamond/oval shape cut-out at the tops of their footings. The footings being poured for 2014 have diamond-shaped/oval cut outs.

As far as the "limited space", the park is still open. And if the coaster will extend over the midways or other attractions - footings will likely not be poured until daily operations end. This project is not necessarily limited to the space that is currently cleared.

Provided the coaster is a B&M, the dis-concerting issue is the fact that the Batavia plant does not have supports or track stored outside. However, with a later announce, one could suspect the construction of track and supports isn't pressing. Also, if the plant is finishing up a previously contracted job for another park - KI's track and supports may be next up.

• Like 14

IM not seeing the issue with parallel footers. Diamondback has parallel footers on the lift hill, so Does Leviathan (I think). Just because it looks like parallel footers doesn't mean its going to be and Invert.

Yeah, that's true. I guess I'm just trying to convince myself that it will be an invert--even though I'd love for it to be a giga.

And no, I'm not bringing back the whole giga vs invert thing back, don't worry!

• Like 1

Are we really having this debate again?

You simply cannot - I repeat, cannot - tell for certain the manufacturer or type of coaster based solely on the footers. You can guess all you want, but trying to figure out a manufacturer solely on footers is like trying to figure out a song's lyrics based solely on it's chord progression.

It's totally an intamin.

Look at the footers for Diamondback at the station: https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/3176_93071507480_1670428_n.jpg

Single row footers as the car sits over the track. On the new ride they are double row footers as the car will ride under the track

Look at the footers for Diamondback at the station: https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/3176_93071507480_1670428_n.jpg

Single row footers as the car sits over the track. On the new ride they are double row footers as the car will ride under the track

I see what your saying now. I went back and took a good look at the photos and I still cant see a layout. Ill just have to wait for Don and Greg to unveil it, and then slowly point to all the different pictures for me to understand. :lol::lol:

• Like 3

Okay, what about the elleged train storage area?

Who, other than B&M creates storage areas with trains side by side?

I don't recall Intamin doing that. MF, Maverick, Bizzarro, Farenheit, Skyrush, all have single track storage where the trains site one in front of the other.

I am sorry, but this has B&M written all over it.

Furthermore, is any OTHER Cedar Fair park have 2014 construction of this size going on?

At Gatekeeper media day, Cedar Fair said in front of God and everyone that they had B&M working on another project.

I will find the video...

• Like 2

I don't recall Intamin doing that. MF, Maverick, Bizzarro, Farenheit, Skyrush, all have single track storage where the trains site one in front of the other.

TTD

• Like 1

I see what your saying now. I went back and took a good look at the photos and I still cant see a layout. Ill just have to wait for Don and Greg to unveil it, and then slowly point to all the different pictures for me to understand. :lol::lol:

I think its going to go like this, at least for the start:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7431/9312727680_761fe68520_o.jpg

After that, no clue.

• Like 1

I have always thought this. I can't believe people don't bring up the fact that Mr. Ouimet said that they have already given B&M another job. I think thats the biggest clue we can get!

• Like 4

Probably before you were born :P

Mantis, 1996.

Raptor, 1994.

Some say Gatekeeper, 2013 (I disagree, though).

Those three come to mind immediately. I was born in 1987.

Correct early 90's. BTR is the most intense b&m ever made and it was their first invert,,,

I have always thought this. I can't believe people don't bring up the fact that Mr. Ouimet said that they have already given B&M another job. I think thats the biggest clue we can get!

I edited my post to reflect that statement!.... LOL

Mantis, 1996.

Raptor, 1994.

Correct early 90's. BTR is the most intense b&m ever made and it was their first invert,,,

1996 is not "early 90's [sic]". For that matter, neither is 2013.

Oh my, I just realized the theme of this coaster. It's going to be a Pac-Man coaster and the trains will have a Pac-Man last car and seven to eight blue ghost cars in front. That way Pac-Man chases them from start to finish. Internet genius at work B)

• Like 2

Mantis, 1996.

Raptor, 1994.

Disagree.

Montu is more so than the 4 BTR's I have ridden...

Having ridden Batman at SFGAm forward and backward, Namtab is the only version of BTR that I thought was as intense as Montu.

Here is the video of the media day press conference.

Ouimet starts at 13:45

I was there when this statement was made, and from what I understood, Ouimet was saying that he had given Rob Decker another project, not B&M. People just assume that because there was a B&M rep there that Ouimet meant there was another B&M coming to Cedar Fair. I believe he was speaking of Mr. Decker though.

Edit: 14:50 in the above video.

• Like 1