Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Forceful rides are a lot of fun. Maverick is easily in my top 5 because of how forceful it is. "Forceless" rides can be fun as well. I think smooth is a better term to describe them. I would throw Diamondback into that category. That ride is also easily in my top 5. B&M inverts like Silver Bullet (probably top 10 for me) are smooth, fun rides that aren't as forceful as maverick but are anything but forceless. I really like SB and it is forceful enough to not be re-rideable for a few hours. While a giga like I305 would admittedly be my first choice for KI, an invert will be just as exciting.

Just to throw this in, IMO Millennium Forceless was a huge letdown to me when I rode it. Diamondback beats that ride any day. I've ridden it several time and have never failed to feel disappointed.

Millennium is superior to DB in every facet... Feels like you are barely moving on DB when comparing DB to MF.... that 13 MPH and 70 ft make a big difference

• Like 2

Sweet! Thank you Dane! I, as well as MANY, appreciate the things you do behind the scenes. And I admire the fairness you bring in times of adversity. Hopefully good times are here to stay :)

So, let's get to business. Does anyone have any new activity to report as of the 24th?

I passed by the clermont steel plant, they had there garage doors open and were working on b&m track. I was able to see it from the street in my car while i was waiting at the light. The track was not painted, there was also flatbed trailers parked at the front of the plant. I have pictures of the track from the street but i don't know how to post them from my ipad... What i saw was from the street i did not go commando and take a up close and personal tour, unlike some people from this forum Sorry.

• Like 1

What i saw was from the street i did not go commando and take a up close and personal tour, unlike some people from this forum Sorry.

All photos from that plant in this thread were taken from public property.

Trespassing is bad.

• Like 2

Im assuming that they will announce the ride August but not actually start installing supports and track pieces till mid September, i don't think all the footers have been placed, and they still have to pour a foundation for the station.

• Like 1

All the evidence is pointing to a b&m 1) footers identical to other b&m coasters and track being made at the plant. Now we are moving on to decoding what b&m we are getting any suggestions? It's almost worth putting money down on a invert coaster, as strange as it would be with 3 under the track coasters in one section of the park, im curious if this is part of a plan in removing one of those coasters...

There really isn't a line for flight deck, its practically a walk on during the weekdays and a short 5-10 minute wait on the weekends, arrow is out of business so parts could become an issue, plus think if they removed that coaster and all the paths that led to and from it all the room it would create, then we could see a phase 2 for the Action Zone revamp..

There really isn't a line for flight deck, its practically a walk on during the weekdays and a short 5-10 minute wait on the weekends, arrow is out of business so parts could become an issue, plus think if they removed that coaster and all the paths that led to and from it all the room it would create, then we could see a phase 2 for the Action Zone revamp..

As much as I love Flight Deck I would rather, in a few years, see something else in it's place.

You have valid points, but I really hope your wrong. Its one of my favorites in the park!

• Like 3

I know you guys want to see Flight Deck removed, but me and my family have a lot of memories on that ride. I know life is about change, but seeing Flight Deck/Top Gun removed would be tough to swallow.

That's how I am with Vortex. It's my first coaster (6-8yo). My dad dragged me on it. I lost him 8 years ago. I'd be devastated if Vortex was destroyed. It's because of him that I love riding.

• Like 8

I don't wish to see flight deck go but it only makes sense, i felt the same way about Son of Beast, if they remove flight deck they could add more flat rides and possibly give way for room to a giga coaster running along the outside of the park so it wouldn't take up space.. Personally if we were to get a giga i would hope for an intanim, not saying i have anything against b&m, Diamondback is excellent!

• Like 1

I don't wish to see flight deck go but it only makes sense, i felt the same way about Son of Beast, if they remove flight deck they could add more flat rides and possibly give way for room to a giga coaster running along the outside of the park so it wouldn't take up space.. Personally if we were to get a giga i would hope for an intanim, not saying i have anything against b&m, Diamondback is excellent!

I think running a coaster between the parking lot and Congo Falls and Invertigo would be interesting. They could even do what CW and CP did and put it over the entrance.

Ya i have ridden Gatekeeper and its a awesome coaster kinda short ride tho, but i think there's an issue were Cedar Fair will not let its other parks outdo the flagship park Cedar Point in terms of records, this coaster being a b&m makes me think that if we were to break a record it would be 200 ft invert coaster, which sounds good to me!

• Like 1

Thursday around 12:00 there was a 30 minute wait. I've never been so happy to wait in line because FD was actually getting some love for a change.

• Like 3