Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

The B&M plant in batavia is currently making track i drove past it the other day and i saw the track being assembled threw the garage door that was open.... I have a picture of it but I can't figure out how to post it from my ipad... I might drive by again today for a better picture.

I think one thing that made some think that It might be a giga is the fact that the park started so early on this project. I know I have no idea what this new ride is going to be. I wonder though,if this is just a regular size coaster why would they have started so soon? Raptors first footers were not poured until October. Gatekeepers first footers were not poured until October as well. Unless they are going for a record for height and length on an invert . I don't know myself. Just questioning everything.

• Like 2

Wouldn't it be awesome if this was the first clue to the new ride...

It's a B&M invert, there's new Halloween attractions.....it all sort of ties together

I know, I know, dumb, right?

No, I wouldn't call it dumb. Actually, the first time I ever saw that commercial I wondered why they were showing a full-circuit invert when KI doesn't have one. Yet. ;)

Exactly my point. This could be the ultimate discovery...just sayin (kidding).

The B&M plant in batavia is currently making track i drove past it the other day and i saw the track being assembled threw the garage door that was open.... I have a picture of it but I can't figure out how to post it from my ipad... I might drive by again today for a better picture.

Where in Batavia is B&M?

Once b&m hit 300', they won't have an issue building another. That excuse is lame that they did wonderland a favor. B&m did not want 25million to walk out the door. It was time anyway. 12 years after going over 200'.

Actually, it was a "favor". Had Wonderland been built 2 miles farther away from Cedar Point, Wonderland would have been able to get a B&M Invert and not have to settle with the SLC. The roller coaster was in its early planning stages when Walter called up the former GM saying that he wouldn't be able to built the park an invert.

Being a Wonderland fan (its my home park), do you know how fustrating it is not to have have what could have been a great invert all because of a 2 mile difference!?!? :(

• Like 2

Once b&m hit 300', they won't have an issue building another. That excuse is lame that they did wonderland a favor. B&m did not want 25million to walk out the door. It was time anyway. 12 years after going over 200'.

Actually, it was a "favor". Had Wonderland been built 2 miles farther away from Cedar Point, Wonderland would have been able to get a B&M Invert and not have to settle with the SLC. The roller coaster was in its early planning stages when Walter called up the former GM saying that he wouldn't be able to built the park an invert.

Being a Wonderland fan (its my home park), do you know how fustrating it is not to have have what could have been a great invert all because of a 2 mile difference!?!? :(

Despite it being a favor or not, I seriously doubt that they wouldn't build another Giga anyway.

Too many people on this board are biased in opinion when you talk about the age-old B&M vs Intamin debate. Intaminallday, judging by your username, I can tell you're thinking about what you want, not what the park needs. The park does need an invert, in my eyes at least. We need a good, solid inverting coaster with a great capacity, and an invert is one of the best ways to go. You talk about the designs being "outdated" and "gimmicky," but you fail to explain why every model continues to draw huge crowds. Why does Raptor have one of the longest lines throughout the day at Cedar Point?

Because it's overrated.

• Like 5