Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

My experiences: Raptor (Cedar Point) . Top Gun (Carowinds). Batman (SFGam). Batman (SFOT). Goliath (SFFT). Great White (Sea World San Antonio) Backwards Batman (SFGam)

Quality is the theme.

All I want is quality. I have high standards. I've been pleased with all the above. I can't wait for 2014. Say whatchu wanna say and be mad. Life's too short to be unhappy. :)

<--------PS I'm hugging a B&M Invert, Great White

• Like 7

You guys got me really wanting an invert now

I started out wanting an intamin giga, then B&M giga. Now I want a hyper invert with at least 7 invertions.

http://www.coasterforce.com/coasters/coaster-types/steel-coasters/hyper-coaster

Hypers, by definition, do not have inversions.

Ok..so it's impossible to do? It couldn't be a first?

It's not impossible. He's just saying an invert is never referred to as a hyper, regardless of height. (At least it hasn't been yet.) Obviously a full-circuit invert can be over 200'. It just hasn't been done yet. As for whether they call it a hyper invert or inverted hyper, I have no idea.

A coaster with inversions, regardless of height, is not a "hyper."

Why couldn't an inverted coaster be a hyper? Lets think outside the box. That's what we're all here doing.

An inverted coaster could be a hyper if it had no inversions. A "hyper" is a coaster without inversions with a height between 200 and 299 feet. Period.

It's not meant to be thought of out of the box. He means literally, to be considered a hyper, it can not have inversions. If a 'hyper invert' were made it would probably belong in its own new category.

Edit: Three people beat me to it. Suppose I should reload the page before posting.

• Like 1

Why couldn't an inverted coaster be a hyper? Lets think outside the box. That's what we're all here doing.

An inverted coaster could be a hyper if it had no inversions. A "hyper" is a coaster without inversions with a height between 200 and 299 feet. Period.

But didn't people refer to SOB as a hyper when it opened?

• Like 1

Better explanation.

It's not meant to be thought of out of the box. He means literally, to be considered a hyper, it can not have inversions. If a 'hyper invert' were made it would probably belong in its own new category.

Edit: Three people beat me to it. Suppose I should reload the page before posting.

Since I think it's an invert and since I think it should break a record of height of at least 200 feet I will call it what Ride On_17 called it, an "Inverted hyper."

By the way, when am I not a "KIC Tourist?" 100 posts?

• Like 1

If this new rides turns out to be and invert over 200 feet, I'll call in an Inverted Hyper. If it's an invert less than 200 feet, I'll just call it an invert. If it's not an invert but is between 200-300 feet, I'll just call it a hyper. People can call it whatever they want, but if it's a combination of an invert and a hyper, then I personally will call it an Inverted Hyper. I don't care what anyone else wants to call it or what their definition of a certain type of ride is. Everyone has their own opinion and that's what matters.

• Like 6

Wow...having those supports show up at the B&M Plant, word of track being painted inside, the footers...yep, looks like we at least have what type of coaster Kings Island is building for 2014...or at least we are 90%+ sure. The announcement should be in a few weeks at most, my guess. (Diamondback was Aug. 8th, Gatekeeper was the 13th, etc etc.)

My reaction: Excited. While I have never actually ridden a B&M Inverted coaster before (never been able to visit CP due to limited funds), their reputation, for the most part, is actually pretty good. Plus, these are known line-eaters, so wait times will be reasonable once the hype for the new ride dies down a bit. This also...

-Doesn't render Diamondback pointless, which a B&M Giga might have done. If not instantly, within a few years DB's popularity would drop like a rock if there were a even bigger version of the same coaster in the same park. An Intamin Giga probably could have co-existed, though.

-Keeps Gatekeeper relevant in 2015, as a new Wing Coaster @ KI would have made it look like Cedar Fair is just adding the same type of ride to every park. Matt Ouimet said he wanted to look for holes in each park's ride lineups, and add rides that those parks felt they needed. This seems to indicate he is doing just that. Lots of Kings Island fans (including lots of people on here) began asking for a B&M Invert for their next coaster almost as soon as Diamondback went up, I recall. Well, looks like our wish has been granted. We asked for this. :P

-Makes every coaster in that section of the park suspended or inverted, as it will go in with Invertigo (Vekoma Inverted Boomerang), and Flight Deck (Arrow Suspended) as the two other coasters already in that section. I actually kind of like that, as it makes what section of the park to go to for Inverted rides easy. B) Also, we have a Inverted coaster for kids...does Kings Island suddenly become the Inverted coaster capital of the world, or something!?!?

Oh, and on the topic of what to call a "hyper", I have various classifications:

Diamondback
"Traditional" Hyper Coaster

STEEL PHANTOM @ KENNYWOOD (Drop is over 200', making it a "hyper" in my book)
Hyper-Looping Coaster

Son of Beast
Wooden Hyper-Looping Coaster 2000 to 2006, just Wooden Hyper 2007-2009

PROJECT 2014 (?)
Inverted Hyper-Looping Coaster

That's how I do it, at least. To everyone their own opinions. These are just my own. B)

• Like 4

^^^See, that's where classification could get interesting. I still call WT an Impulse, even though it technically is an Inverted Hyper. These classifications can get way too complicated than necessary at times, so sometimes during discussions like these I just try to slowly back away :ph34r:

• Like 5

I think people get hung up on words way to much. I know if this turns out to be an invert and its 200 feet and not called a hyper invert I'm not really going to care. I'm not going to get off the ride and say , it would have been a much better ride experience if they called this a hyper invert. I don't think it matters.

• Like 11

I think people get hung up on words way to much. I know if this turns out to be an invert and its 200 feet and not called a hyper invert I'm not really going to care. I'm not going to get off the ride and say , it would have been a much better ride experience if they called this a hyper invert. I don't think it matters.

I chuckled at this. It makes me so excited (as if I'm not already excited because something is coming) to classify it, even if it's not there yet. I apologize because I did not mean to stir the pot at all. I'm sorry.

• Like 3