Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

I don't think it's a winged but pay close attention to 2:03:

Interviewer says, "If this were to be a success would you see this as something like that being replicated to other amusement parks in the chain?"

Ouimet says, "Yeah, clearly that's the case..."

What were you expecting him to say? "Nah bro, we'd ignore the success and move on." :rolleyes:

No, I'd expect him to say, "If we see the success that we hope to see out of Gatekeeper, we would consider adding them to other parks." Or something to that effect. He has to be careful with what he says. He's the CEO. Again, there could be more winged coasters on the docket for other properties but for now no means no.

Yeah, I agree, that was my point. People see that the answer to the question wasn't explicitly "no" and assuming it means "yes."

Interviewer says, "If this were to be a success would you see this as something like that being replicated to other amusement parks in the chain?"

What were you expecting him to say? "Nah bro, we'd ignore the success and move on." :rolleyes:

No, I'd expect him to say, "If we see the success that we hope to see out of Gatekeeper, we would consider adding them to other parks." Or something to that effect. He has to be careful with what he says. He's the CEO. Again, there could be more winged coasters on the docket for other properties but for now no means no.

Yeah, I agree, that was my point. People see that the answer to the question wasn't explicitly "no" and assuming it means "yes."

Not me. I didn't assume anything. I don't think it's a winged. I just simply wanted to point it out.

Off-topic a little: One question, are the B&M wing coaster restraints the same as their flying coasters? I had no problems on Superman: Ultimate Flight at Six Flags Over Georgia.

GehDPKo.jpg

Gatekeeper restraints...that's not me by the way.

• Like 1

Off-topic a little: One question, are the B&M wing coaster restraints the same as their flying coasters? I had no problems on Superman: Ultimate Flight at Six Flags Over Georgia.

Honestly I prefer the old school Raptor restraints over Gatekeeper's restraints, I've been on Gatekeeper 4 times and 3 out of four times I could barely breathe on the brake run...

GehDPKo.jpg

Gatekeeper restraints...that's not me by the way.

Guest KingsIslandPR

i cant text it can somebody tell me how to suscribe kiclub i tried texting it didnt work

You can become a KIClub member by texting KIClub to 74674.

• Like 5

For those of you with issues with wingrider restraints: Before the train is dispatched, hold onto the OTSRs like you're holding onto the chains of a swing. Keep them pushed slightly away from your chest and hold on to them for the entire ride. If I do this I have no discomfort at all, but if I let go or don't hold onto the vest like that, my collarbone really starts to hurt.

For those of you with issues with wingrider restraints: Before the train is dispatched, hold onto the OTSRs like you're holding onto the chains of a swing. Keep them pushed slightly away from your chest and hold on to them for the entire ride. If I do this I have no discomfort at all, but if I let go or don't hold onto the vest like that, my collarbone really starts to hurt.

Know also that CP PR has said CP is aware of the issue and is pursuing a fix.

• Like 2

How long before the B & M fanboys find a way to blame Intamin for this?

• Like 2

How long before the B & M fanboys find a way to blame Intamin for this?

No, us B&M fan boys blame Intamin for crappy reliability. (and overturned boats.)

• Like 5

While were on the subject of decoding the various things around the construction site, this owl video came up

Great video, dude! I gotta say I'm LMAO right now at the whole thing, but especially about the "bobbing your head for depth perception" part. I actually tried it, only to further watch the video and find out it doesn't work for humans.

To think I considered myself reasonably intelligent! facepalm-hand-gesture-smiley-emoticon.gi HA! I'm so gullible.

Uh...that video was JUST posted...again.

Hi, Terp!

I know - I know, I know, I know. I saw that a little too late. I'm sorry. Y'all are posting so fast that I'm having trouble keeping up. Plus, I'm a bit slow reading this evening. I keep getting distracted. But hey...I pointed out the time stamp for emphasis. :D

An invert for KI makes the park unique?

I think, as time goes on, the only thing that really makes a park unique these days is either theming - which KI can't do on the scale of Disney - or overall park experience and ambiance. Simply having a giga coaster or Intamin blitz isn't going to do it.

There's a cobra roll (which includes two inversions) at the beginning and the corkscrew at the end. I'm not sure what the third inversion is.

I know someone already posted a video, but I thought maybe it would be nice to post a link to a Google image search of The Joker's Jinx.

Again, I do not think it's a winged.

Just to clarify, I think the interviewer said something else right as Matt started to speak, but it's inaudible. Whatever the interviewer said is what I think Ouimet was referring to when he said "Yeah, clearly that's the case".

• Like 1