Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

An nslookup reveals that Banshee.com is hosted through Amazon Web Services and has an IP address of 184.72.241.13.

Websites owned by Cedar Fair Entertainment Company are generally in the range of 66.129.xxx.xxx

Banshee.com is likely NOT owned by Cedar Fair. Looks like they shoulda parked it. Then again, they don't even own Kingsisland.com...

An nslookup reveals that Banshee.com is hosted through Amazon Web Services and has an IP address of 184.72.241.13.

Websites owned by Cedar Fair Entertainment Company are generally in the range of 66.129.xxx.xxx

Banshee.com is likely NOT owned by Cedar Fair. Looks like they shoulda parked it. Then again, they don't even own Kingsisland.com...

I dont know anything about ip addresses but any chance that number from coasterrumors has anything to do with it?

Maybe it will be in a secret location in the park and all the people in KIClub will get the text and once people see everyone going to one place we will see the announcement. just a thought because of the tweet saying that the people in KIClub will be the first to know

You know what? That makes a lot of dang sense!

• Like 1

I've been lurking here for quite some time, and tonight decided to join just so I could prove that not all new members will immediately begin posting the exact same ideas debunked 65 pages ago.

That being said....

Tried typing in Banshee.com

this is what showed.

It works!

This is the default web page for this server.

The web server software is running but no content has been added, yet.

I wonder if that means Kings Island has the domain but hasnt added the content yet?

Its a stretch but its all i can come up with for the decoding thread right now...

This exact topic was discussed dozens of pages ago, the IP address was traced to Washington (Seattle, i believe) and it was decided this was simply a URL bought by an unnamed person (to protect his privacy as I remember) and not in any way associated with the park or Cedar Fair.

• Like 7

Maybe it will be in a secret location in the park and all the people in KIClub will get the text and once people see everyone going to one place we will see the announcement. just a thought because of the tweet saying that the people in KIClub will be the first to know

Or...it is an extremely easy way to get a lot of phone numbers from enthusiasts who the park can then freely send messages to.

'Tis but a marketing strategy.

(6/27/13) While our last source seemed fairly certain the new Kings Island coaster would be a Wing design, all the latest rumors come back to what I was thinking I would build if I ran the park a world record breaking B&M Inverted coaster. Sorry THE-BEAST

Screamscape would report that it would be a Mr Hankey themed coaster with big turds as the trains if someone emailed Lance and told him that. Howdy Ho!

Did someone say a Mr. Hanke themed coaster?

I'm in luck!!

I dont know anything about ip addresses but any chance that number from coasterrumors has anything to do with it?

Unfortunately, no. Though an IP address teaser would be cryptic and not something I'd put past Don. Unfortunately, in the case of IP addresses, each Octet (the set of numbers between the periods) is an 8-bit value and can range only from 000 to 255. The numbers in the coasterrumors post were 839.445, which unfortunately are not valid octets.

But I must admit, that was very clever sleuthing. Good job!

• Like 3

Or...it is an extremely easy way to get a lot of phone numbers from enthusiasts who the park can then freely send messages to.

that could also be true but im thinking from it saying "Our KIClub members will be the first to know"

Unfortunately, no. Though an IP address teaser would be cryptic and not something I'd put past Don. Unfortunately, in the case of IP addresses, each Octet (the set of numbers between the periods) is an 8-bit value and can range only from 000 to 255. The numbers in the coasterrumors post were 839.445, which unfortunately are not valid octets.

But I must admit, that was very clever sleuthing. Good job!

Thanks for the help!

that could also be true but im thinking from it saying "Our KIClub members will be the first to know"

The key to any good marketing relying on customers willingly giving up personal information is to make them feel as though they will be special for doing it.

The key to any good marketing relying on customers willingly giving up personal information is to make them feel as though they will be special for doing it.

but they also have the STOP option to remove you so people could join just for the "announcement" and leave after or stay

August 3, 9:44:5

notice what i turned red. coincidence or on purpose?

Is it coincidental or with reason you turned those numbers red? I'd have to guess you turned them red to demonstrate some point... Unfortunately, this is simply "coincidental"... and not anything at all if you don't forget to include the last digit of the time stamp, which seeing that there are no more numbers in the clue (its likely not a clue) would marginalize the usefulness of this "coincidence"

i think im gonna keep the twitter feed of Kings Island up and keep an eye on my phone see if anything comes up and if it does try to get a ride to the park or even walk as i live very close.

Lets just make sure you do it during operating hours. We don't need another trespassing case

i think im gonna keep the twitter feed of Kings Island up and keep an eye on my phone see if anything comes up and if it does try to get a ride to the park or even walk as i live very close.

Think you can get some updated construction zone pics up on the forum?

if i can get there tomorrow i can or next time im there i will try to get some from the top of the Eiffel Tower and in the winter i will pass daily so i could get updates of the skyline.(that is if it changes)

if i can get there tomorrow i can or next time im there i will try to get some from the top of the Eiffel Tower and in the winter i will pass daily so i could get updates of the skyline.(that is if it changes)

Awesome!

Awesome!

ill be able to get pictures of the skyline anytime and also some from behind great wolf lodge seeing the back of flight deck and if you can see anything change there ill for sure get some pics of it!