Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

why does everyone hate b&m and love intamin? I don't really know the difference but can someone explain to me?

B&m is the Arrow Dynamics of today. They make outdated forceless rides and their hyper/giga coasters only have a little floater air.

Intamin leads the pack in innovations. They try new things with their rides, new elements, take chances, strong ejector air. They are the present and the future of the industry.

That's cute how you think Arrows are forceless.

Have you ever actually ridden Vortex, Magnum, or Adventure Express? I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a non-enthusiast that thinks any of those rides are forceless. And being the fan of ejector airtime that you are, I don't see why you like Millennium Force so much more than Magnum. Of the 54 coasters I've ridden, Magnum is the one that I feel has the most "ejector" airtime of all of them. And that 54 includes a decent number of Arrows, B&Ms, Intamins, Vekomas, and even a Schmeck or two. In fact, the only Arrow I've EVER ridden that I would truly call "forceless" is Iron Dragon.

Have you ridden any of the supes, el toro, I305?

I don't consider 4th grader designed transitions = forcefulness.

Ron Toomer: "Lets have a 60 degree turn and use flat track...."

Busch Gardens gave Arrow in 1993 the design b&m had for what turned out to be drachen fire and the arrow failed miserably.

Are we soposed to be attracted to roller coasters that doesnt even make sense

You will understand when you're older...or you won't

17 posts and your attacking people

'Twas hardly an attack, more of a commentary on only understanding one kind of attraction.

If you would like to read all 17 posts, you will see it hardly took me until now to say something that could be taken as an "attack"

An attack would have been pointing out the poor spelling of "supposed" or your apparent inability to differentiate between "your" and "you're"... but I didn't do that :D

• Like 7

Well, different strokes for different folks, I suppose. I like my Arrows. I like the Intamins I've ridden. I like MOST of the B&Ms I've ridden. I really like B&M Inverts, in fact they're my all-time favorite model of steel coaster.

It is not my fanhood of B&M Inverts that indicates to me that it is the most probable candidate. It is evidence in the footers and logic in the good relationship between B&M and Cedar Fair.

If this were Six Flags' Kings Island (sorry, just had an aneurysm thinking about that...) then I'd say it's gonna be an Intamin. But being that KI is a Cedar Fair property for the foreseeable future, there ain't no way it's anything BUT a B&M.

• Like 1

Hi guys! I'm new here. Really interested in this new coaster. Is the blue transfer supports at the B&M plant for this coaster? Please bring me up to date as 300+ pages is alot to read.

It looks like a B&M based on footers and other various reasons discussed here, and it seems that the general consensus is for an invert. People believe that this will be a large attraction. The blue steel you mentioned doesn't have a destination that we know of just yet, so KI is an absolute possibility for that.

Other than that, you have missed pictures, teasers, debates, arguments, jokes, a poor decision or two, several bowls of popcorn, Snickers bars, some interpreting, a lot of grammar issues, and many other small discussions.

Welcome aboard the crazy train!

• Like 13

Hi guys! I'm new here. Really interested in this new coaster. Is the blue transfer supports at the B&M plant for this coaster? Please bring me up to date as 300+ pages is alot to read.

In the time you spend waiting for someone to accurately sum it all up, you'd probably be able to get most of it skimmed through ;)

Nobody knows where the blue supports are going yet. I suggest starting at the beginning of the thread, and reading forward. It's really good up until about a week ago. It's been mainly fluff since then because there hasn't been anything new. Oh there's a ladder in a hole in the ground!

• Like 4

In fact, the only Arrows I've EVER ridden that I would truly call "forceless" are [...] Space Mountain.

Yeah, Space Mountain isn't Arrow. The newer ones are Vekoma though.

I do agree that Magnum has some great airtime.

The Space Mountain in Orlando is most definitely Arrow. Or at least, it was when I rode it in 2004. I know it's been renovated since then, but I'm pretty sure they didn't touch the track.

Welcome to KIC! i am new here to but from what i read no one knows for sure if it is for the new coaster or not hope you enjoy your stay!

Thanks! I hope this new coaster is an invert as KI is long over do. I wish my homepark had a high capacity invert. The lines for Volcano is just crazy. As far as which is better, B&M or Intamin AG. Thats a mute point. Just like some like football, some basketball and some baseball. You will have some that like B&M, some for Intamin AG, and some for Vekoma or Mack. Well, no one likes Vekoma I guess

P.S. Any Bengals fans, you will love my boy Bernard this year.

• Like 4

Just look at the track design..Intamin is futuristic looking and crisp, B&M's looks like everyone elses. There is no comparison between Intamin and B&M, and Intamin's reliability issues are overblown.

Are you kidding? B&M coasters are 10x more sexier than Intamin. I don't know what your talking about futuristic, I just see stupid crossbars and a box or triangle... Haha

Sleek..thin..not wide and fat

Just look at the track design..Intamin is futuristic looking and crisp, B&M's looks like everyone elses. There is no comparison between Intamin and B&M, and Intamin's reliability issues are overblown.

Are you kidding? B&M coasters are 10x more sexier than Intamin. I don't know what your talking about futuristic, I just see stupid crossbars and a box or triangle... Haha

I only like b&m when I am drunk and there is no intamins around :lol:

• Like 2

why does everyone hate b&m and love intamin? I don't really know the difference but can someone explain to me?

B&m is the Arrow Dynamics of today. They make outdated forceless rides and their hyper/giga coasters only have a little floater air.

Intamin leads the pack in innovations. They try new things with their rides, new elements, take chances, strong ejector air. They are the present and the future of the industry.

I wouldn't call Vortex forceless, quite the opposite.
  • Like 1

i still cant figure out how to be a kiclub member is it working for every body else because it wont work for some reason it just keeps on saying could not send i tried it on 4 different phones

I'll be honest, you probably won't miss much if you aren't in KI Club. This site will undoubtedly explode the nanosecond something is revealed.

• Like 5

In fact, the only Arrows I've EVER ridden that I would truly call "forceless" are [...] Space Mountain.

The Space Mountain in Orlando is most definitely Arrow. Or at least, it was when I rode it in 2004. I know it's been renovated since then, but I'm pretty sure they didn't touch the track.

http://rcdb.com/267.htm

Show me some proof. I don't doubt you as a lot of early Disney rides were Arrow such as Matterhorn. But I've never seen anything that said Space Mountain was.

EDIT: Ok, the Wikipedia article says it's Arrow, that's interesting!

As much as i love intanim coasters, B&M is dominating in terms of rollercoasters being recently built

Since the 2013 till now 9 intamins has opened or under construction.

Compared to 4 with b&m.

ya b&m took massive gains in 2011 and 2012 and according to Wikipedia it claims there is only 3 intanims in 2013 compared to B&M's 4.

Vortex provides some great forces when it travels through the two consecutive loops and during the batwing. As has been stated, Magnum has some of the best air around. Arrow's rides are anything but forceless. I personally love B&M, Intamin and Arrow Dynamics all the same. Each of them brings something unique to the table.

• Like 3

http://imgur.com/gCOJcUJ

EDIT: i got beat because i didnt know how to add pictures could someone let me know how to upload the picture?

i only like intanims when there operating
  • Like 6

http://rcdb.com/267.htm

Show me some proof. I don't doubt you as a lot of early Disney rides were Arrow such as Matterhorn. But I've never seen anything that said Space Mountain was.

http://www.ultimaterollercoaster.com/coasters/spacemountain_disneyw

I've always considered ultimaterollercoaster to be reliable. Wikipedia also says that it's Arrow, but not everyone likes to trust Wikipedia. Now, the later ones are Vekoma, as are newer Big Thunder Mountain Railroad installations. Which admittedly, can be confusing when referring to a particular installation.

EDIT: It would appear that I also got beat. Twice. Lol.

Trust me, you'll save yourself, and potentially those of us who are familiar with the entire discussion, a whole lot of headaches if you simply read through all 300 pages. It will get you caught up on the answers to questions which have been asked dozens of times, and provide you with reasons why it won't be a wing coaster. Yes, I know - you didn't say anything about a wing coaster. But believe me, the issue will inevitably creep into the conversation again at some point - just like this ridiculous Intamin vs. B&M debate which is currently taking place in a thread where it doesn't belong.

P.S. Any Bengals fans, you will love my boy Bernard this year.

Please don't bring up subjects which aren't relevant to decoding the 2014 project.

Which is apparently quite often. :P

• Like 2

I'm out of Snickers... Time for bed.

Lets see what Wednesday brings.

If Don needs help with any more arts and crafts, my kids are bored. But they dont like red apples.

Can anyone tell me how long the transfer track footings have been on site? Should be close to cure strength by now.

But any of the footings being poured right now, don't expect to see anything going on those until the end of Haunt at the earliest.

Now, the later ones are Vekoma, as are newer Big Thunder Mountain Railroad installations. Which admittedly, can be confusing when referring to a particular installation.

No worries. It seems as though RCDB doesn't have all the information. As I'm seeing it now, the original Space Mountain + BTMR at DLR, WDW, and Tokyo are all Arrow Dynamics built coasters. And then everything then on out are Vekoma, including: BTMR @ DLP, the new SM @ DLR and HDL, the soon to open new BTMR @ DLR, Rock'n'Roller Coasters, Expedition Everest, Big Grizzly Gulch, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, and all the Roller Skaters. It looks to me like Disney stopped building Arrow in the early 90's.

Sorry this is probably not the right place to discuss this.

• Like 2

I'll say this: I'm fairly certain if B&M were designing a water ride, the vehicles would actually fit. You cannot say Intamin reliability issues are overblown, and that it's not on Intamin - obviously there is a pattern. In fact, as of now a 3 year old coaster (which had to be modified upon completion, not unlike another recent Intamin creation) is inoperable and expected to be down for up to 8 more weeks.

I'm not saying I prefer one to the other, I'm simply pointing out that there are certain reliability issues with Intamin designs. IMO the reason B&M machines are so much more reliable, and so much more forceless, is due to a superior engineering team. I by no means prefer forceless, but when you look at these companies side-by-side from a customer's point of view, Intamin appears somewhat fly by night.

• Like 3