Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

I'll say this: I'm fairly certain if B&M were designing a water ride, the vehicles would actually fit. You cannot say Intamin reliability issues are overblown, and that it's not on Intamin - obviously there is a pattern. In fact, as of now a 3 year old coaster (which had to be modified upon completion, not unlike another recent Intamin creation) is inoperable and expected to be down for up to 8 more weeks.

I'm not saying I prefer one to the other, I'm simply pointing out that there are certain reliability issues with Intamin designs. IMO the reason B&M machines are so much more reliable, and so much more forceless, is due to a superior engineering team. I by no means prefer forceless, but when you look at these companies side-by-side from a customer's point of view, Intamin appears somewhat fly by night.

Are you referring to the three-year-old Diamondback footings that had to be replaced last year?

• Like 3

why does everyone hate b&m and love intamin? I don't really know the difference but can someone explain to me?

B&m is the Arrow Dynamics of today.  They make outdated forceless rides and their hyper/giga coasters only have a little floater air.

Intamin leads the pack in innovations.  They try new things with their rides, new elements, take chances, strong ejector air.  They are the present and the future of the industry.

You call arrows forceless...so magnum is a forceless ride...and corkscrew sadly has more airtime than mantis...k

Wow the first time I've truly disagreed with you man

• Like 1

Round and round the rumor mill goes. Where it stops? Cedar Fair knows. Higher and higher the expectations rise for the enthusiasts who want taller, faster and longer rides. Raised up to the sky, sometimes squashed to the ground, hopes and wants are occasionally found. One things for certain that history shows, the next big thing here is right under your nose.

• Like 4

why does everyone hate b&m and love intamin? I don't really know the difference but can someone explain to me?

B&m is the Arrow Dynamics of today. They make outdated forceless rides and their hyper/giga coasters only have a little floater air.

Intamin leads the pack in innovations. They try new things with their rides, new elements, take chances, strong ejector air. They are the present and the future of the industry.

You call arrows forceless...so magnum is a forceless ride...and corkscrew sadly has more airtime than mantis...k

Wow the first time I've truly disagreed with you man

You call Arrow forceless? Just take a look at Vortex. Yesterday I rode it in the very front seat and the drop was awesome with nice Positive G's But then the hill came and it gave me extreme ejector airtime. The loops have intense Positive G's and that turn(aka the turn of death) had insane laterals. You call that forceless?

If anything Arrow's extreme innovations allowed Intamin the spot they hold today...they were the original innovaters of steel coasters.

I'll respect the wooden coasters that did their thing to pave the way for steel, but in the modern age of coasters (steel and beyond :P), all companies have only Arrow dynamics to thank

• Like 2

el toro at great adventure. Only one in the US though bro.

Elevator lift hill like the giga's. You round a corner and the airtime almost pulls you out of the train on the drop.

I'm going to GA in 2 weeks and will be spending a long portion of my day riding El Toro. Best coaster I've ridden, hands down (or up), and my personal want for KI although clearly not looking probable based upon the current footers I'm seeing.

• Like 3