Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Annoying screaming riders...with annoying screaming audio?

Methinks if B&M don't put sand into the track to quiet it down, you could get the B&M Roar and hear her through out the park. Like with SOBs lift hill. You could hear that thing in Rivertown!

Banshee's "wail"

If KI's 2014 project is as good as Kumba, then I will be happy!

LOVE KUMBA!

Actually, Kumba's roar is LOUDER than Mantis.

• Like 3

Since the hype train includes the general public now, will we see vertical construction before the announcement? It seems like the park should want this thing to snowball from here forward.

The park will continue following its own construction schedule, regardless of the general public's expectations. Would it be nice? Heck yes, but if this is a large project, it may still be a while before we see any vertical construction.

It has absolutely nothing to do with the public's expectations. It has to do with hype and marketing, aka selling passes for 2014 and making money.

I know it only says attraction so i hope everyone doesn't drop off the deep end again when this isn't the coaster announcement that they are expecting!

I can't imagine what other kind of "world record breaking" attraction it would be to warrant such an announcement.

It is amazing how many people had no idea that Kings Island was even building a ride. People on twitter are tweeting "Huh?" and "I hope it is a new coaster." Are people that oblivious to the big huge construction site where SOB used to stand? Man I lose hope in humanity more and more everyday...

You lose hope in humanity because not everyone pays as much attention to what the park's building the way coaster enthusiasts do...??

^Dang beat me. But here is the invite received by the Enquirer posted to this thread for everyone:

KI_invite.jpg

The article in the Dayton Daily News showed a photo of a broken comb. http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/news/kings-island-to-unveil-new-attraction/nY8zm/

I wonder if that is relevant in some way...?

I don't get it...what was the point of that video?

I really do not want an inverted coaster. Cedar Fair can not take care of Raptor properly, why would this be any better.

When the trains are traveling in and out of the station, it sounds terrible. NO OTHER B&M sounds like that.

I was able to ride Batman in Chicago forward and backward. As you know this is the first installation of the B&M inverted roller coaster. It sounds no where near as bad as Raptor, a newer inverted coaster.

Raptor literally sounds like it is falling apart.

I imagine each park is individually maintained by its own maintenance department - not specifically by Cedar Fair. How Cedar Point handles their maintenance issues is unrelated to how Kings Island handles theirs.

Sorry but I predict that if this has inversions, the number will be 6 or less.

Chances are you're only saying that to be negative and rain on everyone's parades. You and Young Stud are truly a pair.

• Like 1

Well, it looks like this thread is finally going to die, huh?

It's a bittersweet moment, for me. Admittedly, over the three months this thread has been in existence, we've decided virtually nothing, but the incoherent arguments about Intamin v. B&M always have me a good laugh.

• Like 2

This confirms the obvious that the announcement is about the sight. "Clues around the announcement location have included scarecrows and owls, and mysterious screams," spokesman Don Helbig said in an email. "A lot of anticipation by our guests wanting to know what was going to replace Son of Beast."

Via WLWT channel 5

I know it only says attraction so i hope everyone doesn't drop off the deep end again when this isn't the coaster announcement that they are expecting!

I can't imagine what other kind of "world record breaking" attraction it would be to warrant such an announcement.

It is amazing how many people had no idea that Kings Island was even building a ride. People on twitter are tweeting "Huh?" and "I hope it is a new coaster." Are people that oblivious to the big huge construction site where SOB used to stand? Man I lose hope in humanity more and more everyday...

You lose hope in humanity because not everyone pays as much attention to what the park's building the way coaster enthusiasts do...??

^Dang beat me. But here is the invite received by the Enquirer posted to this thread for everyone:

KI_invite.jpg

The article in the Dayton Daily News showed a photo of a broken comb. http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/news/kings-island-to-unveil-new-attraction/nY8zm/

I wonder if that is relevant in some way...?

I don't get it...what was the point of that video?

I really do not want an inverted coaster. Cedar Fair can not take care of Raptor properly, why would this be any better.

When the trains are traveling in and out of the station, it sounds terrible. NO OTHER B&M sounds like that.

I was able to ride Batman in Chicago forward and backward. As you know this is the first installation of the B&M inverted roller coaster. It sounds no where near as bad as Raptor, a newer inverted coaster.

Raptor literally sounds like it is falling apart.

I imagine each park is individually maintained by its own maintenance department - not specifically by Cedar Fair. How Cedar Point handles their maintenance issues is unrelated to how Kings Island handles theirs.

Sorry but I predict that if this has inversions, the number will be 6 or less.

Chances are you're only saying that to be negative and rain on everyone's parades. You and Young Stud are truly a pair.

No, I am not saying that to be negative, but face the facts.... How many coasters in Ohio, NEW and old invert more than 6 times?

One thing that make since to me is that it will be the longest metal coaster... That gives Kings Island the longest Metal coaster and Wood coaster in one park!

Ride Warriors..Not just a coaster rider, but a way of life!

Not going to happen. Perhaps the longest Inverted, or whatever type of roller coaster this is, but not the longest steel coaster in the world. It just wont happen.

No, I am not saying that to be negative, but face the facts.... How many coasters in Ohio, NEW and old invert more than 6 times?

And I assume you've heard the saying "There's a first time for everything "....?

If the only reason you assume the new coaster won't have more than 6 inversions is because no other coaster in Ohio has more than 6, then let me take you back to 1987 when Vortex opened, and no other park in the world at that time had a coaster with 6 inversions.

Your logic doesn't make sense.

• Like 6

Now we get a week of people who haven't read anything in this thread coming on and predicting strata coasters and wing riders!

Oh and intamins. :-x

I would prefer anyone of those over an inverted! God I hope it's not an inverted coaster!

Ride Warriors..Not just a coaster rider, but a way of life!

• Like 1