Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

One thing that make since to me is that it will be the longest metal coaster... That gives Kings Island the longest Metal coaster and Wood coaster in one park!

Ride Warriors..Not just a coaster rider, but a way of life!

Not going to happen. Perhaps the longest Inverted, or whatever type of roller coaster this is, but not the longest steel coaster in the world. It just wont happen.

Cool I forgot you knew what they are building!

• Like 1

Enlighten me, terp.

I think there was a looping coaster in the 1800s in Paris, France. The loop itself was only 13' in diameter, and it was metal, but the track leading to it was wood. I think. I could be wrong.

The text message from KI woke me up this morning. I read it and promptly fell back asleep because I had been up until almost 4am.

I will be at the announcement come hell or high water.

I like how the nighttime announcement gives truth to the statement that there may not be a day this summer when the ride is announced. Very clever, Don.

The silver comb is enough to convince me that Banshee is the name.

The next eight days are going to take forever.

• Like 8

I'm so curious to see what's in store for Kings Island next season...

I know this is off-topic, but dude, is that your car in your avatar? Sweet machine!

Why, Yes. Thanks. I forgot to tell everyone this I overheard some banter between a group of people working at KI they were refering to this new coaster as ''Wolfpack'' dunno what that means maybe it's a clue but I highly doubt it. Just wanted to post it anyway for all of you.

Often I read responses without first reading who posted, and if I find a post that is slightly annoying or written a certain way I'll scroll back up and look to see who it was; I swear 80% of the time that person is Secondson. Sorry man, your posts are kinda 'irking'.

Anyways, after seeing this announcement date, I might make the 8th my one trip down from Toledo this year!

• Like 2

^Dang beat me. But here is the invite received by the Enquirer posted to this thread for everyone:

KI_invite.jpg

The article in the Dayton Daily News showed a photo of a broken comb. http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/news/kings-island-to-unveil-new-attraction/nY8zm/

I wonder if that is relevant in some way...?

I think their comb probably just broke during shipping. I feel bad for them.

​If I screwed up the quoting I apologize.

One thing that make since to me is that it will be the longest metal coaster... That gives Kings Island the longest Metal coaster and Wood coaster in one park!

Not going to happen. Perhaps the longest Inverted, or whatever type of roller coaster this is, but not the longest steel coaster in the world. It just wont happen.

It has nothing to do with me knowing/not knowing what they are building. The odds of them spending the amount of money it would take to build the longest steel roller coaster in the world, with the steel prices of today, makes it highly unlikely.

No, I am not saying that to be negative, but face the facts.... How many coasters in Ohio, NEW and old invert more than 6 times?

And I assume you've heard the saying "There's a first time for everything "....?

If the only reason you assume the new coaster won't have more than 6 inversions is because no other coaster in Ohio has more than 6, then let me take you back to 1987 when Vortex opened, and no other park in the world at that time had a coaster with 6 inversions.

Your logic doesn't make sense.

They could have put a final inversion on Gatekeeper and didn't....

My logic makes perfect sense.

Vortex - 6

Raptor - 6

Gatekeeper - 6

How come they have not added a 7th inversion to any Ohio coasters after all of these years? It can certainly be done.

Look at these examples:

Kumba - 7

Hulk - 7

Kraken - 7

Dragon Khan - 8

Enlighten me, terp.

I think there was a looping coaster in the 1800s in Paris, France. The loop itself was only 13' in diameter, and it was metal, but the track leading to it was wood. I think. I could be wrong.

Also coaster called Looping the Loop. Hard to tell if the whole coaster was wooden but..

• Like 1

I really do not want an inverted coaster. Cedar Fair can not take care of Raptor properly, why would this be any better.

When the trains are traveling in and out of the station, it sounds terrible. NO OTHER B&M sounds like that.

I was able to ride Batman in Chicago forward and backward. As you know this is the first installation of the B&M inverted roller coaster. It sounds no where near as bad as Raptor, a newer inverted coaster.

Raptor literally sounds like it is falling apart.

Batman at SFMM screeches loudly on the lift. Probably worse than Raptor.

It has absolutely nothing to do with the public's expectations. It has to do with hype and marketing, aka selling passes for 2014 and making money.

I see what you're saying sir. I just don't think the construction managers would try and rush things just to sell the hype. I would figure they would continue on their schedule to make sure the project is done right. I'm not an expert though, and could be completely wrong on that!

It has absolutely nothing to do with the public's expectations. It has to do with hype and marketing, aka selling passes for 2014 and making money.

I see what you're saying sir. I just don't think the construction managers would try and rush things just to sell the hype. I would figure they would continue on their schedule to make sure the project is done right. I'm not an expert though, and could be completely wrong on that! 

I'm also not saying they will rush. The first of the footers have had plenty of time to cure and there is track spotted at CSF. I'm not saying it's going to happen but it would certainly be exciting.

:)

• Like 1

It has nothing to do with me knowing/not knowing what they are building. The odds of them spending the amount of money it would take to build the longest steel roller coaster in the world, with the steel prices of today, makes it highly unlikely.

Nothing is highly unlikely sir! We don't know a lot of inner workings with deals! So until its announced all things are on the table..it just makes good marketing to have the longest wood and steel coaster in one park and now with KK coming back online they are going to need to fight for every dollar. It's just good business!

It's also entirely possible that they the construction crew is scheduled to go vertical between now and the 8th, and Don scheduled the announcement based on the construction schedule. Anything is possible at this point.

• Like 2

Often I read responses without first reading who posted, and if I find a post that is slightly annoying or written a certain way I'll scroll back up and look to see who it was; I swear 80% of the time that person is Secondson. Sorry man, your posts are kinda 'irking'.

Sorry, Cody, my posts aren't meant to irk people. I have a tendency to multiquote, because I see a lot of posts I want to respond to. It's hard to "hear" the inflection in my voice, but I'm not really pouncing on people. I just tend to challenge what people say - not because I'm trying to irk them, but because I question the reasoning they use as the basis for their posts. By no means am I saying they aren't permitted to express their opinions. I'm just probing the basis for it, that's all.

Welcome to KIC! :)

No, I am not saying that to be negative, but face the facts.... How many coasters in Ohio, NEW and old invert more than 6 times?

And I assume you've heard the saying "There's a first time for everything "....?

If the only reason you assume the new coaster won't have more than 6 inversions is because no other coaster in Ohio has more than 6, then let me take you back to 1987 when Vortex opened, and no other park in the world at that time had a coaster with 6 inversions.

Your logic doesn't make sense.

They could have put a final inversion on Gatekeeper and didn't....

My logic makes perfect sense.

Vortex - 6

Raptor - 6

Gatekeeper - 6

How come they have not added a 7th inversion to any Ohio coasters after all of these years? It can certainly be done.

Look at these examples:

Kumba - 7

Hulk - 7

Kraken - 7

Dragon Khan - 8

Your logic goes like this: No park in Ohio has built a coaster with more than 6 inversions, therefore this new coaster won't have more than 6 inversions.

That's not sound reasoning for why this new coaster couldn't have more than 6 inversions. As I said, there's a first time for everything.

• Like 6