Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Thank god! Only 8 more days of this stupidity... And bickering... And people claiming to "know" and "see things"

then all ill have to read about is who hates it... And wishes it was something different, or who "knew it all along".

he, I'm hoping for an invert by b&m. I've been hoping for one of those for a long long time... But truth be told, ill be happy with whatever they announce as clearly this will be some kind of coaster.

• Like 8

It is amazing how many people had no idea that Kings Island was even building a ride. People on twitter are tweeting "Huh?" and "I hope it is a new coaster." Are people that oblivious to the big huge construction site where SOB used to stand? Man I lose hope in humanity more and more everyday...

You lose hope in humanity because not everyone pays as much attention to what the park's building the way coaster enthusiasts do...??

Nope I lose faith in humanity that are obvious fans of the park (Follow KI's twitter or facebook accounts) and see that KI is posting about this empty field all summer long. Then they see pictures or in person, that there is active construction going on in the park with the sign that says this: 902780_10151474743006723_964546289_o.jpg

Enthusiast or not, its painfully obvious that they were building something (and something BIG due to the size of the construction area). To have no idea that something was going in this area or that it wasn't a ride being built has got to make anyone who has been to the park or follows their twitter/facebook feed absolutely ignorant and oblivious. It doesn't take a rocket scientist (or coaster enthusiast) to notice this.

• Like 2

Often I read responses without first reading who posted, and if I find a post that is slightly annoying or written a certain way I'll scroll back up and look to see who it was; I swear 80% of the time that person is Secondson. Sorry man, your posts are kinda 'irking'.

Sorry, Cody, my posts aren't meant to irk people. I have a tendency to multiquote, because I see a lot of posts I want to respond to. It's hard to "hear" the inflection in my voice, but I'm not really pouncing on people. I just tend to challenge what people say - not because I'm trying to irk them, but because I question the reasoning they use as the basis for their posts. By no means am I saying they aren't permitted to express their opinions. I'm just probing the basis for it, that's all.

Welcome to KIC! :)

No, I am not saying that to be negative, but face the facts.... How many coasters in Ohio, NEW and old invert more than 6 times?

And I assume you've heard the saying "There's a first time for everything "....?

If the only reason you assume the new coaster won't have more than 6 inversions is because no other coaster in Ohio has more than 6, then let me take you back to 1987 when Vortex opened, and no other park in the world at that time had a coaster with 6 inversions.

Your logic doesn't make sense.

They could have put a final inversion on Gatekeeper and didn't....

My logic makes perfect sense.

Vortex - 6

Raptor - 6

Gatekeeper - 6

How come they have not added a 7th inversion to any Ohio coasters after all of these years? It can certainly be done.

Look at these examples:

Kumba - 7

Hulk - 7

Kraken - 7

Dragon Khan - 8

Your logic goes like this: No park in Ohio has built a coaster with more than 6 inversions, therefore this new coaster won't have more than 6 inversions.

That's not sound reasoning for why this new coaster couldn't have more than 6 inversions. As I said, there's a first time for everything.

I also said that "I PREDICT" I posted past factual evidence to support my prediction for the number of inversions on this new coaster. Is it not reasonable to think that I may be correct based on what is already here?

No one knows what this coaster is going to be.

Based on footers on site, some think it will be for a Inverted. AS you said, there is a first time for everything.

Since it is on the side of a hill, would it be possible to need double footers?

if you look at the list of thrill rides, the red train is on the blue track for The Racer picture

It's still on the red side. It looks like it's on the final bunny hop before the brake run.

There is a post.

A post in this forum.

A post that mentions what might just be a key part of this "world record breaker".

It's only been mentioned by two people, and seems to keep getting glazed over.

Something that's quite unique to Kings Island...something that has been common on a few coasters over the years...

Search and you may see.

There is a post.

A post in this forum.

A post that mentions what might just be a key part of this "world record breaker".

Something that's quite unique to Kings Island...something that has been common on a few coasters over the years...

Search and you may see.

My pet peeve is people not coming out and saying instead of beating around the bush.

• Like 11

There is a post.

A post in this forum.

Search and you may see.

My pet peeve is people not coming out and saying instead of beating around the bush.

You see bro, I've already said it. You were too busy in your B&M and Intamin debate.

• Like 2

World Record Breaking!

Perhaps they are building the supports under the footers.

Now that's an interesting thought....the world's first coaster in the ground. I can imagine the experience as riders are flying along on the track:

*SMACK* - "Watch out for that rock!"

"What'd you sa..." *SLAM* as one train goes flying into a boulder.

"Hey, man, where did all this dirt come from?"....

"What, dude?....OUCH...just got smacked by a tree root!"

"Why am I so wet?"

"Oh, the train just entered an underground spring."

Banshee - the slowest, and most painful, coaster in the world.

Okay, I'm done being stupid.

I am still hoping for a intamin...

The eternal optimist. I gotta give you props for that.

• Like 5

Often I read responses without first reading who posted, and if I find a post that is slightly annoying or written a certain way I'll scroll back up and look to see who it was; I swear 80% of the time that person is Secondson. Sorry man, your posts are kinda 'irking'.

Sorry, Cody, my posts aren't meant to irk people. I have a tendency to multiquote, because I see a lot of posts I want to respond to. It's hard to "hear" the inflection in my voice, but I'm not really pouncing on people. I just tend to challenge what people say - not because I'm trying to irk them, but because I question the reasoning they use as the basis for their posts. By no means am I saying they aren't permitted to express their opinions. I'm just probing the basis for it, that's all.

Welcome to KIC! :)

No, I am not saying that to be negative, but face the facts.... How many coasters in Ohio, NEW and old invert more than 6 times?

And I assume you've heard the saying "There's a first time for everything "....?

If the only reason you assume the new coaster won't have more than 6 inversions is because no other coaster in Ohio has more than 6, then let me take you back to 1987 when Vortex opened, and no other park in the world at that time had a coaster with 6 inversions.

Your logic doesn't make sense.

They could have put a final inversion on Gatekeeper and didn't....

My logic makes perfect sense.

Vortex - 6

Raptor - 6

Gatekeeper - 6

How come they have not added a 7th inversion to any Ohio coasters after all of these years? It can certainly be done.

Look at these examples:

Kumba - 7

Hulk - 7

Kraken - 7

Dragon Khan - 8

Your logic goes like this: No park in Ohio has built a coaster with more than 6 inversions, therefore this new coaster won't have more than 6 inversions.

That's not sound reasoning for why this new coaster couldn't have more than 6 inversions. As I said, there's a first time for everything.

Agreed 100%

• Like 1

It is amazing how many people had no idea that Kings Island was even building a ride. People on twitter are tweeting "Huh?" and "I hope it is a new coaster." Are people that oblivious to the big huge construction site where SOB used to stand? Man I lose hope in humanity more and more everyday...

Keep in mind not everyone has been to the park this year and not everyone who's been to the park has noticed the construction. Not everyone is curious when they see a fence, not everyone who has been to the park been on a ride that the site can be viewed from, and not everyone who sees it will realize it's actual construction and not just deconstruction.

While humanity as a whole is stupid I think you're making too many assumptions that everyone has been to KI this year. I can name more people I know who've not been than who have been. Probably on a 10 or 20 to 1 ratio. I might be low balling that number.

• Like 3

There is a post.

A post in this forum.

Search and you may see.

It is so obvious double lift hill
  • Like 1