Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Thanks Andrew for the photos, but I have no idea what is on that flatbed. I wish I could have given you my Nikon with the 200mm zoom so would could actually see what was on the flatbed

You're welcome bud. Tried to get it the best I could from the road (trespassing is a no no) and the camera on my phone (Galaxy Note 2) isn't the best. Would have been easier with a DSLR. Would have made it easier for everyone as I could barely make the piece out in person as well...

Oh no worries I perfectly understand. It's awesome you got those photos at the least. I'm now realizing the track is laying upside-down. So I can make it out better than I had looking at it originally.

I would have to sat that looks like some invert track

I might sound really dumb here and please don't crucify me if I do, but in the picture of the track that was posted does it look like invert track to anyone? I can't tell. was just wondering if anyone else had a better idea. :)

EDIT: Spelling :)

I'm not an expert but I don't believe that pic looks like any invert I've ever seen or been on. I can't think of a single one where you have metal bars between the supports and the actual track. To me that looks like a transfer track. But someone show me a pic of an invert that looks like that and I'd consider believing them. Until then I'm of the believe that track is not an inverted track of any kind.

To all of you praying to the coaster gods for an inverted coaster this doesn't mean that pic is of our coaster no matter what type of ride that's from.

I am of the minority hoping this is not an inverted coaster. Of B&M'S roller coasters: Diver coasters, inverted, stand up, sit down, floorless, flying , hyper, and winged... Honestly I'd rather have a world record breaking any one of those over an inverted coaster.

I'm not a huge fan of inverts either but if thats what it is then I will ride. anyway you said youd rather have an invert than an invert in your last paragraph. I know it was probably an error just pointing it out :)

• Like 1

I might sound really dumb here and please don't crucify me if I do, but in the picture of the track that was posted does it look like invert track to anyone? I can't tell. was just wondering if anyone else had a better idea. :)

I'm not an expert but I don't believe that pic looks like any invert I've ever seen or been on. I can't think of a single one where you have metal bars between the supports and the actual track. To me that looks like a transfer track. But someone show me a pic of an invert that looks like that and I'd consider believing them. Until then I'm of the believe that track is not an inverted track of any kind.

To all of you praying to the coaster gods for an inverted coaster this doesn't mean that pic is of our coaster no matter what type of ride that's from.

I am of the minority hoping this is not an inverted coaster. Of B&M'S roller coasters: Diver coasters, inverted, stand up, sit down, floorless, flying , hyper, and winged... Honestly I'd rather have a world record breaking any one of those over an inverted coaster.

I'm not a huge fan of inverts either but if thats what it is then I will ride. anyway you said youd rather have an invert than an invert in your last paragraph. I know it was probably an error just pointing it out :)

He was listing the B&M coaster options and was stating he wanted any of them except invert (even though he included invert in the list)

• Like 1

From the teaser it says- 'Bone chilling Screams',such as the Banshee would do according to the definition Banshee- female spirit in Gaelic folklore whose appearance or wailing warns a family that one of them will soon die. And the silver comb really does point to the Irish legend too, according to 'monstropedia' - She often haves long, fair white, blond hair which they brush with a silver comb as she laments. http://monstropedia.org/index.php?title=Banshee

Sorry if im being a Captain Obvious, I just felt like it needed to be stated. It probably already has, I looked, but I might have skimmed over it.

• Like 5

Indeed the Son of Beast was the first wooden looping coaster terp, that is one thing you are wrong about

Coming from the person with 12 posts. Do some history research and you will see that a looping wooden coaster is nothing new nor was SoB anywhere near the first.

What does his number of posts have to do with his knowledge? That's like saying someone who drives a crappy car can't possibly know anything about cars or saying someone who has never played baseball doesn't really know anything about the game.

I believe his confusion is over the choice of words when the ride was first marketed with it being a wooden coaster and looping. I don't recall the exact words but I believe it was something along the lines saying it was the first wooden looping coaster or largest looping wooden coaster or something. I may be wrong on that. It wasn't the first as we know but it was the only wooden roller coaster operating at that the time it opened with a loop if I do recall correctly.

• Like 5

I also said that "I PREDICT" I posted past factual evidence to support my prediction for the number of inversions on this new coaster. Is it not reasonable to think that I may be correct based on what is already here?

No one knows what this coaster is going to be.

Based on footers on site, some think it will be for a Inverted. AS you said, there is a first time for everything.

Since it is on the side of a hill, would it be possible to need double footers?

So basically, you're basing your prediction on the fact that no other coaster in Ohio has 6 inversions. Is that all? You see a pattern of certain Ohio coasters only containing 6 inversions, so you don't see why there would be a coaster with more than 6....is that correct? As I said, that's not sound reasoning upon which to base a prediction. If that's your official proclamation, then you're entitled to it. But I'm trying to understand your reason for saying that, and your reason makes no logical sense to me. But whatever. I'm not going to keep arguing about it.

What are you talking about, double footers? Do you mean the parallel footers?

There is a post.

A post in this forum.

A post that mentions what might just be a key part of this "world record breaker".

It's only been mentioned by two people, and seems to keep getting glazed over.

Something that's quite unique to Kings Island...something that has been common on a few coasters over the years...

Search and you may see.

My pet peeve is people not coming out and saying instead of beating around the bush.

Absolutely, Young Stud. We finally agree on something.

Two lift hills bro.

Why would two lift hills imply it's a world record breaker?

• Like 1

From the teaser it says- 'Bone chilling Screams',such as the Banshee would do according to the definition Banshee- female spirit in Gaelic folklore whose appearance or wailing warns a family that one of them will soon die. And the silver comb really does point to the Irish legend too, according to 'monstropedia' - She often haves long, fair white, blond hair which they brush with a silver comb as she laments. http://monstropedia.org/index.php?title=Banshee

Sorry if im being a Captain Obvious, I just felt like it needed to be stated. It probably already has, I looked, but I might have skimmed over it.

Also it says that the only way tp defeat her is to break the comb. someone posted a few pages back that one of the media outlets recieved a broken comb. Not sure if this is the reason but maybe.

• Like 4

I was just re-reading my post and realized somebody was going to read that and say that. I was listing of their types and saying that I'd rather any of the other types. I should have worded it clearer but I'm not editing it gets too many responses lol

• Like 1

Indeed the Son of Beast was the first wooden looping coaster terp, that is one thing you are wrong about

Coming from the person with 12 posts. Do some history research and you will see that a looping wooden coaster is nothing new nor was SoB anywhere near the first.

What does his number of posts have to do with his knowledge? That's like saying someone who drives a crappy car can't possibly know anything about cars or saying someone who has never played baseball doesn't really know anything about the game.

I believe his confusion is over the choice of words when the ride was first marketed with it being a wooden coaster and looping. I don't recall the exact words but I believe it was something along the lines saying it was the first wooden looping coaster or largest looping wooden coaster or something. I may be wrong on that. It wasn't the first as we know but it was the only wooden roller coaster operating at that the time it opened with a loop if I do recall correctly.

You are correct. KI marketing said the "only looping wooden coaster" not the first.

• Like 4

@Railrider, post amount does not matter at all, and the sob did hold the record of only wooden looping coaster (From 2000-2006) i was not thinking about how it wasnt the first but i had thought about it and remembered reading about the first looping coasters, but i do advise not using someones amount of posts as how much they know, it simply means thats how much they have posted, not how much they know,

• Like 1

It has absolutely nothing to do with the public's expectations. It has to do with hype and marketing, aka selling passes for 2014 and making money.

I see what you're saying sir. I just don't think the construction managers would try and rush things just to sell the hype. I would figure they would continue on their schedule to make sure the project is done right. I'm not an expert though, and could be completely wrong on that!

I'm also not saying they will rush. The first of the footers have had plenty of time to cure and there is track spotted at CSF. I'm not saying it's going to happen but it would certainly be exciting.

:)

Indeed it would be!

@Railrider, post amount does not matter at all, and the sob did hold the record of first wooden looping coaster, but i do advise not using someones amount of posts as how much they know, it simply means thats how much they have posted, not how much they know

No, it didn't! It was the only looping wooden coaster. At the time. There have been looping wooden coasters before.

It's also entirely possible that they the construction crew is scheduled to go vertical between now and the 8th, and Don scheduled the announcement based on the construction schedule. Anything is possible at this point.

That's a very good point! I guess we will see what the next 8 days bring us!

@Railrider, post amount does not matter at all, and the sob did hold the record of first wooden looping coaster, but i do advise not using someones amount of posts as how much they know, it simply means thats how much they have posted, not how much they know

No, it didn't! It was the only looping wooden coaster. At the time. There have been looping wooden coasters before.

Dont need to freak out man, everyone makes mistakes, i forgot about the first looping coasters, so theres no need to freak out

Dont need to freak out man, everyone makes mistakes, i forgot about the first looping coasters, so theres no need to freak out

But you still insisted that it was the first..

• Like 2

^Dang beat me. But here is the invite received by the Enquirer posted to this thread for everyone:

KI_invite.jpg

Just out of curiosity....is that supposed to be an "evidence" tag on the brush? Do you think it is a hint that maybe there is more to this than just a coaster?...maybe a haunted attraction at the end of the queue line before the rollercoaster ride itself?

you beat me to the clarification...

But you still insisted that it was the first..

Yes but before you posted i went back and fixed my mistake, but everyone has to jump in on a single mistake, i was not thinking when i posted it, i ended up remembering later about the first looping coaster

• Like 1

Just out of curiosity....is that supposed to be an "evidence" tag on the brush? Do you think it is a hint that maybe there is more to this than just a coaster?...maybe a haunted attraction at the end of the queue line before the rollercoaster ride itself?

You mean... gasp... a PRE-SHOW?! *faints* :P

But really, I don't think that means anything important. Not everything is a clue.

• Like 1

You mean... gasp... a PRE-SHOW?! *faints* :P

But really, I don't think that means anything important. Not everything is a clue.

I agree. But the silver comb has me 100% convinced it will be called Banshee and I am so excited!

• Like 2