Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

What if we are looking at this all wrong, instead of this being an invert, the dual footers are used to make racing coasters, side-by-side?! that would be the reason for dual footers! and thats why there is 2 sets of 2 triangle footers going pointing at eachother, ITS A STEAL RACER of somesort!

• Like 1

What if we are looking at this all wrong, instead of this being an invert, the dual footers are used to make racing coasters, side-by-side?! that would be the reason for dual footers! and thats why there is 2 sets of 2 triangle footers going pointing at eachother, ITS A STEAL RACER of somesort!

Steel Racer Giga style! that would be awesome

• Like 1

Has any two roller coaster worked together? Like B&M & Vekoma to build a coaster? If so what ride(s) (a few would do)?

Sorry if it's a silly question...

I don't know for sure but a B&M/Intamin combo would be amazing! Pair the reliability of B&M and some of the innovative things Intamin has done and you have a world class ride.
  • Like 1

My mom and I were talking the other day about this new ride when i was at her house and she said on the radio one day the hosts were saying it was gonna be the tallest coaster at like 648 feet. I don't know what station said it but it was probably just a joke to get more hype on the rumors.

I too doubt that will ever happen but if it ever did, count me out! that would be like putting Drop Tower on top of Top Thrill Dragster. And thats just insanely big.

Perhaps they'll enclose the first drop, and it will steal Gold Striker's record. It's apparently popular with guests in California, and it could explain the owls and 10:00pm announcement.

Not to mention that Mr. Helbig has experience with that particular (and probably unintended) record. (If it happens, we should all thank Prudential.)

Very unlikely, but I'd be more surprised to see 10 inversions. :)

My mom and I were talking the other day about this new ride when i was at her house and she said on the radio one day the hosts were saying it was gonna be the tallest coaster at like 648 feet. I don't know what station said it but it was probably just a joke to get more hype on the rumors.

I too doubt that will happen but if it ever did, count me out! that would be like putting Drop Tower on top of Top Thrill Dragster. And thats just insanely big.

yeah im not expecting it just saying its something i heard

I too doubt that will happen but if it ever did, count me out! that would be like putting Drop Tower on top of Top Thrill Dragster. And thats just insanely big.

Yeah I know, couldn't help but think of how big a monstrosity like that would be! :)

Yeah I know, couldn't help but think of how big a monstrosity like that would be! :)

that would change the skyline of Kings Island so much and it would probably take too long to build for 2014 if they havnt laid any track yet

I remember reading on 5@5 (a Q&A KI had on FaceBook) that someone asked about the first 500ft tall coaster at KI and Don said it's not possible due to near by airport(s).

• Like 2

Has any two roller coaster worked together? Like B&M & Vekoma to build a coaster? If so what ride(s) and companies (a few would do)?

intanim used to contract Giovanola to supply rollercoasters and rides.. Giovanola was known for its box style rollercoaster track, Walter Bolliger and Claude Mabillard worked for giovanola before splitting off making their own company that is known today as B&M, they carried over the box track as well... Giovanola went bankrupt in 2004... You can find intanim coasters that use box style track that was not originally built by intanim but subcontracted to giovanola whose legacy lives on with B&M... Examples cobra, shockwave, and flashback... B&M has made trains for D. H. Morgan Manufacturing steel Dragoon 2000 and pysclone ( now demolished ) for the dinn corporation ( defunct in 1992 )

I seen those earth movers out near those sheds the other day.

As I mentioned a "few" pages ago, vertical construction on Diamondback started before all the footers were in.

I will be happy with a B&M of any kind as long as it is a line mover. I am rooting for a 300+ ft tall B&M giga.

• Like 1

How I think the announcement should go....

You're sitting there watching the fireworks and you fully know that after the fireworks are done is the big announcement. So the fireworks end and you sit there waiting. A few minutes pass and you look to your friends and say "Man, the announce AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" you hear a scream coming from behind the wall. Everything goes silent....a bit passes and you hear another ghostly scream from behind the fence followed by Don running to the stage he looks frightened. Gregg comes out and asks Don what is wrong. Don *while panting* says he saw it. Greg asks "Saw what Don what did you see?!"..Don seems to blow off the question and says "It must have been at least *insert ride height here* tall. Greg says "What?! Surly we would've seen something that tall!" Don: "No it was there only for a second it must have ran at least *insert ride speed here* fast." Greg "DON what did you see!!!!!!" Don: "THE Banshee!"

I just hope the announcement is nothing like how the announcement during last years pink snoopy event went, it was a travesty.

A travesty? Or tragedy? Two separate meanings.

Has any two roller coaster worked together? Like B&M & Vekoma to build a coaster? If so what ride(s) and companies (a few would do)?

We all know one of those 2 sides would be inoperable half of the time... Could they really market that as a racing coaster... (There was a b&m/Intamin suggestion After this)

We all know one of those 2 sides would be inoperable half of the time... Could they really market that as a racing coaster...

I think he meant two companies collaborating on a single coaster, not each one building one half of a racing coaster.

• Like 3

Vekoma and Chance Morgan designed the Dive Pretzel concept but it has yet to be built. (It was going to be built at the Orlando Thrill Park but the park got rejected to be built in the first place).

Vekoma-Chance-Morgan-Dive-Pretzel-coaste

http://www.latimes.com/travel/deals/themeparks/la-trb-otp-dive-pretzel-20102411-p,0,6000573.photo

EDIT: I still believe B&M was also involved at one point as the concept art looks like B&M track and not of the other two manufactures; this has never been confirmed though

• Like 3

Steel Racer Giga style! that would be awesome

That was a thought I had sometime last year. Taking the place of SoB, along with FD, AE, and Racer would be a massive, new steel "Racer". Two 300 foot lift hills, starting near the parking lot running past where Racer ends now...

Hey all, here's my $.02 on the new coaster:

What I'd like to see: Floorless, launched or even a Euro-Fighter

What the coaster type will probably end up being: Invert or Giga (though I really wouldn't mind an Intamin Giga).

...but I'll be happy with most anything we end up getting.

In other news, the announcement is in 7 days! :D

• Like 2

Though I'd say it's a close call between MF and El Toro...

Everytime I hear someone say "xxxxx" is the best coaster ever, I automatically wonder if they have ridden El Toro. Everyone has different tastes, but in my experience (only about 72 coasters ridden) I have yet to find anything that I think is on the same planet as El Toro in terms of overall thrill, even Millenium Force.

I'm a big airtime fan, others like inversions or overall speed, or something else. I'm happy we're getting something new, even if it isn't my first choice, and I'm sure it will be great. But I wish we could get something like El Toro so I wouldn't have to go see my in-laws every year.

• Like 4

Though I'd say it's a close call between MF and El Toro...

Everytime I hear someone say "xxxxx" is the best coaster ever, I automatically wonder if they have ridden El Toro. Everyone has different tastes, but in my experience (only about 72 coasters ridden) I have yet to find anything that I think is on the same planet as El Toro in terms of overall thrill, even Millenium Force.

I'm a big airtime fan, others like inversions or overall speed, or something else. I'm happy we're getting something new, even if it isn't my first choice, and I'm sure it will be great. But I wish we could get something like El Toro so I wouldn't have to go see my in-laws every year.

My top 5

1. New Texas Giant

2. Hades

3. Intimidator 305

4. Montu

5. El Toro

Indeed the Son of Beast was the first wooden looping coaster terp, that is one thing you are wrong about

Here is the original post, that I do not see edited like you claim.

Post count does count for something around here, it is your track record for which your knowledge and contribution can be ascertained.

When claiming that one of the most knowledgeable and well respected members of this board is wrong, you need to back it up because your lack of history grants little credibility.

So yes post count and length of membership do count and mater.

My advice for all less seasoned members, wade in from the shallow end, listen to what is being said (there is great knowledge and experience here), and don't try and make a name for yourself with your first post. Its a process and to earn respect you must give respect.

• Like 6

My advice for all less seasoned members, wade in from the shallow end, listen to what is being said (there is great knowledge and experience here), and don't try and make a name for yourself with your first post. Its a process and to earn respect you must give respect.

And that is why I take my time in picking and choosing when, and where I post. I certainly know my place!

• Like 2