Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Been a member for a while and I like to just sit back and watch the crazy talk happen. Did anyone else notice that the press release cards with the comb had a "date" sticker covering up a different date? I wonder what the original date was? Why was it changed?

Also, before it was mentioned that a write up about a Banshee stated that the only way to defeat her is to break the comb, where in the write up was that? I could not find that.

Perhaps they'll enclose the first drop, and it will steal Gold Striker's record. It's apparently popular with guests in California, and it could explain the owls and 10:00pm announcement.

Not to mention that Mr. Helbig has experience with that particular (and probably unintended) record. (If it happens, we should all thank Prudential.)

Very unlikely, but I'd be more surprised to see 10 inversions. :)

I think you might be onto something. A Banshee (which I'm assuming the name is) isn't relegated to the only the dark, is it? The owls, the camping signs, the night announcement--all these things hint at darkness in general. Maybe there are just going to be a lot of tunnels on this ride, and that is the "world record" being overtaken. Maybe overall length of tunnels in a single park.

On that note, I'm thinking our focus is too narrow on what records might be broken, let alone the possibility that some of the records might be more tied to the amount of elements within the park in its entirety.

• Like 1

Good decoding though! It would be awesome to have a giga on that side of the park! Would Kings Island care if they had three coasters in the inverted, or in Flight Deck's case suspended, in Action Zone? Maybe, maybe not. It would seem pretty crazy!

• Like 1

But there are still two suspended coasters in Action Zone already, so why make another one? There aren't really any above track coasters in Action Zone. Also there's a a post earlier back that says that Kings Island fooled everyone into thinking that the new 2009 ride was going to be called the mustang. Then it turned out to be called Diamondback. So it might not be the Banshee. I think it will be a blue/red giga with a name that describes the ride.

But there are still two suspended coasters in Action Zone already, so why make another one? There aren't really any above track coasters in Action Zone. Also there's a a post earlier back that says that Kings Island fooled everyone into thinking that the new 2009 ride was going to be called the mustang. Then it turned out to be called Diamondback. So it might not be the Banshee. I think it will be a blue/red giga with a name that describes the ride.

Wrong. One suspended coaster and one inverted, actually :). And I don't really see the problem with having three below the track coasters.

• Like 1

Wrong. One suspended coaster and one inverted, actually :). And I don't really see the problem with having three below the track coasters.

Maybe the record broken will be for the worlds tallest/fastest inverted coaster!

Long time lurker first time poster. Okay so I'm starting to try to think of some different possibilities for a name if it is not Banshee. What about the possibility of remembering the SoB site and naming it something along the lines of The Beast like Beasts Revenge or something. I know it's going to be a steal coaster and all but bear with me for a minute. The Beast will be 35 years old next year which woould be a great anniversary to honor it. And as for the gray hair, well The Beasts hair could be starting to turn gray. Also the no camping signs and paranormal activity could all refer to The Beast. And the other teaser being 7 owls, if you go back to how many records SoB broke, it was 7 as well. I'm not thinking that it could break 7 records as I realize that would be extremely hard to do. And Don did tweet just minutes before the announcement of the announcement "Can't get enough of The Beast roller coaster? Check this out!" which was a link to the fundraiser they are doing in August. Now I do realize that the only thingthat doesn't really fit are the scarecrows although they could be the woodsman or whatever but maybe they could be just a diversion. And also the colors don't fit based on what is coming out of CSF but neither do they for Banshee. I know it may be a far fetched idea but then again maybe it's not.

edit: I don't believe that this idea has been brought up previously but if it has I do apologize

• Like 3

There's a good chance that it will be a blue and red giga. Sobs station has red and blue in it. Also there are already 2 suspended coasters in Action Zone.

Well before they built Diamondback, the back of the park has Vortex, Beast, BLSC, Racer. Did that mean Diamondback had to be a below the track coaster since the others were above?

No

• Like 1

Long time lurker first time poster. Okay so I'm starting to try to think of some different possibilities for a name if it is not Banshee. What about the possibility of remembering the SoB site and naming it something along the lines of The Beast like Beasts Revenge or something. I know it's going to be a steal coaster and all but bear with me for a minute. The Beast will be 35 years old next year which woould be a great anniversary to honor it. And as for the gray hair, well The Beasts hair could be starting to turn gray. Also the no camping signs and paranormal activity could all refer to The Beast. And the other teaser being 7 owls, if you go back to how many records SoB broke, it was 7 as well. I'm not thinking that it could break 7 records as I realize that would be extremely hard to do. And Don did tweet just minutes before the announcement of the announcement "Can't get enough of The Beast roller coaster? Check this out!" which was a link to the fundraiser they are doing in August. Now I do realize that the only thingthat doesn't really fit are the scarecrows although they could be the woodsman or whatever but maybe they could be just a diversion. And also the colors don't fit based on what is coming out of CSF but neither do they for Banshee. I know it may be a far fetched idea but then again maybe it's not.

edit: I don't believe that this idea has been brought up previously but if it has I do apologize

Nothing has been released saying what "it" is yet, so when others say "it" won't be "this" or "that" "they" don't know. It's a wait-and-see thing. Patience is a virtue!

Here is a question I don't think anyone has asked. Can CSF produce 2 coasters at the same time? Is the facility able to do that? It is possible that the stuff we are seeing right now is for somewhere else. I'm not 100% it will be an invert. Also another aspect that many have pointed out, why start so early on construction when it would be an invert which take up less room, and the land has already been cleared from a previous tenant.

• Like 1

For those of you who were wondering, the announcement will NOT be streamed live and you must be in Action Zone to see the announcement.

And where is your source for this? Isn't it usually independent sites that will stream it? And if not that, people will likely be live blogging it. Also, all the renderings, info, and any videos released will be online within minutes. Lastly, I'm sure people will record the announcement and later post it on YouTube. So, if it's hard for you to get to the park, there's no reason to worry.

For those of you who were wondering, the announcement will NOT be streamed live and you must be in Action Zone to see the announcement.

And where is your source for this? Isn't it usually independent sites that will stream it? And if not that, people will likely be live blogging it. Also, all the renderings, info, and any videos released will be online within minutes. Lastly, I'm sure people will record the announcement and later post it on YouTube. So, if it's hard for you to get to the park, there's no reason to worry.

Kings Island tweeted there were no plans to broadcast it live.

• Like 2

Kings Island tweeted there were no plans to broadcast it live.

Ah, thanks for the confirmation. However, my point still remains for all who may have a hard time getting there. You will very likely be able to find out all the details just minutes after everyone there.

Guest KingsIslandPR

Been a member for a while and I like to just sit back and watch the crazy talk happen. Did anyone else notice that the press release cards with the comb had a "date" sticker covering up a different date? I wonder what the original date was? Why was it changed?

Also, before it was mentioned that a write up about a Banshee stated that the only way to defeat her is to break the comb, where in the write up was that? I could not find that.

No date sticker was placed on the tag. No dates were changed.

• Like 17