Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

plus there will not be many more inverts being built.

Do you mean in general, or right now?

Designers build what the parks want.

If a park calls B&M up and says, "We want this, this, and this, in an inverted coaster and only have X amount of room, can you do it?"

B&M's response would likely be, "Our Batman model fits that description."

If a park calls B&M and asks for a stand up, they will build it.

I think he means in general because it is obvious that Kings Island is spending a lot of money to make this unreachable to break any of the records and he followed it up by saying also tgat many patks won't build one anymore

people posted the blue print with patrick michael as the source???

Never trust a man with 2 first names.

Hey! I take offense to that! (jokingly) Having four total names. Two ACTUAL first names.. and a last name that also passes as a first name. (depending on whatever skewed definition you use for having two first names, I got it)

--

And everyone, if that element is what we all seem to think it is, it does have a name: Norwegian Loop/ Pretzel Knot (look them up on RCDB)

• Like 1

OK we've guessed the height, speed, length, and figured out the elements and inversions... What do you think this will cost with the dismantling of SOB and everything?

Alpengeist was 20 million and that was 16 years ago. The price of steel has gone up.

OK we've guessed the height, speed, length, and figured out the elements and inversions... What do you think this will cost with the dismantling of SOB and everything?

Right around 30-40 mil with dismantling of sob

Yeah, if i had to guess, i would say no more than 30.

Based on the layout shown in the blueprints, I compared the length of 2014's lift hill to Son of Beast's lift hill (the footings are still shown in the blueprints.) Son of Beast's lift hill was just a tad bit longer than 2014's, but that doesn't mean 2014 won't be as tall as SOB. Based on recent B&M coasters, the lift can be between 40-45º where as SOB's lift hill was nowhere near that steep (I would guess 30º.) My best guess is that it will be the tallest invert at around 200-220'. Pure speculation though.

• Like 2

You are dreaming, B&M would not jump their tallest invert from 190' something up to the 250' range. Maybe 200'.

Well Diamondback is only 230ft, not much higher that 190 ;)

Guys you got to ubderstand though is Kings Island is making up for sob on this coaster. So they are taking a RELIABLE coaster manufacture and one of there most popular products and pushing the engineering to the limits. Why would they only beat the tallest by 5ft. Say your just normal general public would you rather have a 200 ft coaster or 230-250 ft coaster. They are trying to make this the next big thing by smashing the records notsqueking by the records

• Like 1

You are dreaming, B&M would not jump their tallest invert from 190' something up to the 250' range. Maybe 200'.

Well Diamondback is only 230ft, not much higher that 190 ;)

Guys you got to ubderstand though is Kings Island is making up for sob on this coaster. So they are taking a RELIABLE coaster manufacture and one of there most popular products and pushing the engineering to the limits. Why would they only beat the tallest by 5ft. Say your just normal general public would you rather have a 200 ft coaster or 230-250 ft coaster. They are trying to make this the next big thing by smashing the records notsqueking by the recordsh

i understand that, I just mean I don't see b&m jumping the height so much. This is b&m not Intamin.

But think about it if I am correct there tallest hyper is like 250 ft but were In advancing times alpentalegist was built almost 20 years ago. B&m finally jumped into the giga market. No one saw a b&m giga. If they dont start taking risks eventually they will become the next arrow.Why not make a big splash and go big or go home.

Based on the layout shown in the blueprints, I compared the length of 2014's lift hill to Son of Beast's lift hill (the footings are still shown in the blueprints.) Son of Beast's lift hill was just a tad bit longer than 2014's, but that doesn't mean 2014 won't be as tall as SOB. Based on recent B&M coasters, the lift can be between 40-45º where as SOB's lift hill was nowhere near that steep (I would guess 30º.) My best guess is that it will be the tallest invert at around 200-220'. Pure speculation though.

The other thing is the did change Diamondbacks slogan! From fastest and tallest thing to hit Kings Island. To full of Venom and ready to strike! So i am guessing that It will be taller than diamonback