Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

I doubt any of the local news stations are going to send a camera crew to get the announcement live. A press release will probably be issued at 10, and that is how people not at the park will hear the news.

Just my two cents as a PR student... In most cases of the press releases I've seen on behalf of a company, they are usually sent to the news stations and media prior to an announcement. (Whether that be 24 hours, three days, etc.) If you've ever noticed, news stations typically have a little mini story or even a full blown article ready as soon as the park is making their announcement. Assuming Don has worked with the same local news teams for many years, he can usually trust them when it comes to "embargoing" an announcement until a certain time. The second that they break the trust, they can sure bet their relations with that company to be broken.

Usually top secret documents like that clearly and boldly display the phrase "EMBARGOED UNTIL AUGUST 8TH, 2013 AT 10PM EST."

"Embargo : An embargo is put into place when a story is sent to broadcast media, publications, or radio before the story is set to be released. An embargo is an agreement of sorts that allows the press vehicle to get the story in advance but not publish it until a specified time"

And on another note, I honestly hope to be presented with a job just like Don has. What a fun, exciting job he must have. (minus emergency situations, of course!) Theme park PR is by far my favorite and future career field!

And finally, I would also agree that those blueprints are 100% accurate. I spoke with my father (Construction Superintendent for Duke Energy) and he also agreed that the blueprints are way, way too good to be faked.

• Like 3

One of the things I thought was odd about the blueprint is that the title just said "2014 project". When I worked at the park and saw blueprints from my many years there it listed the attraction name....for example I saw italian job stunt track blueprints way before its announcement and it even had the logo printed on the copy. This was during the Paramount days so things could be different now.

Not commenting on the validity of the blueprints here, because I don't know. I just feel the need to point out as an engineer that both drafters and engineers aren't exactly renowned for their spelling abilities. Instead of learning how to spell "vicinity" in school, we're learning how to design stuff to run and/or not break. Just saying!

FTW, with many thanks to the inventor of spell check.

• Like 9

GUYS! Now that the cat is out of the bag you MUST USE the spoiler tag if you are posting about the blueprint! A lot of us (including me) don't want to know anything until it is announced!

Please Put the spoiler tags around the text that may be deemed too much information so that the rest of us who don't want to read this information can continue reading the topic. This includes photos! To do this select the SpecialBBCode option when replying int he topic, then select spoiler. It will direct you though the rest.

Here is an example...

SPOILER

Please be considerate. Thanks

Why are you reading a thread about decoding a ride if you want to avoid spoilers?

• Like 2

Not to get anyone excited, (my profile name is a bit misleading, I am 17 so I don't want this to come off sounding like a five year old) but my dad is an engineer and has worked on building houses, apartments and other such things ever since HE was a kid, I showed him the pictures and blueprints and his six year collage degree opinion was that it has the possibility to be around the area of 300(plus or minus) feet tall(only if the lift hill is an exact 45 degrees). But don't shoot me if we are wrong. Just speculation from a computer.

• Like 1

Not to get anyone excited, (my profile name is a bit misleading, I am 17 so I don't want this to come off sounding like a five year old) but my dad is an engineer and has worked on building houses, apartments and other such things ever since HE was a kid, I showed him the pictures and blueprints and his six year collage degree opinion was that it has the possibility to be around the area of 300(plus or minus) feet tall(only if the lift hill is an exact 45 degrees). But don't shoot me if we are wrong. Just speculation from a computer.

I called it 30 pages ago tell your dad thank you for backing up my theory

• Like 1

If it is taller than Diamondback then Diamondback's statement is gone, the tallest, fastest, meanest coaster to strike Kings Island

i was standing in line for Diamondback on Sunday and it still stated as the fastest tallest and meanest coaster to strike Kings Island.

^They look legit to me

EDIT: Looks like a right hand swooping drop into a diveloop or immelman, followed by a vertical loop around the lift. Then comes a zero-g, some weird element, another vertical loop, a helix and thats it.

If that is fake, it's one heck of a drawing!

Mer, who did not necessarily want to see those. Oh well, at least I'll be able to sleep the next few nights...

Wanted to add this...it's been a good 4 years since I've last been on a B&M invert (Dueling Dragons). That one in particular was thrilling for me but judging by what I saw in the blueprint it appears to be just as thrilling as that plus more!

Can't wait for 2014...bring it on!