Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

If you all want so many inversions, go find a gym and do some somersaults. YOU ARE GOING TO DRIVE YOURSELVES CRAZY trying to "decode" - if that is even the proper word for it - what this attraction is to be. Relax and enjoy - there is life going on around you during this time!

• Like 9

For the record I work in an engineering/design firm and we have accidentally sent out plans with spelling errors multiple times. These prorgrams aren't like Microsoft word with red squiggles under misspellings, and if you are in a rush they can go unnoticed.

• Like 3

For those of you who were wondering, the announcement will NOT be streamed live and you must be in Action Zone to see the announcement.

And where is your source for this? Isn't it usually independent sites that will stream it? And if not that, people will likely be live blogging it. Also, all the renderings, info, and any videos released will be online within minutes. Lastly, I'm sure people will record the announcement and later post it on YouTube. So, if it's hard for you to get to the park, there's no reason to worry.

Kings Island tweeted there were no plans to broadcast it live.

What day did they tweet that? I cant find it

They pitched the idea to me about broadcasting it live on KIC, but Dane and I don't know if we have the technology to do that in a good way. Don't worry, we'll cover every angle of it. I'll be live Tweating the whole thing and bigger updates will directly to KIC's FB.

For those of you who want to get a kick start and follow:

KICentral's Facebook

KICentral's Twitter

• Like 2

It's quite possible too that News 5 will start to show us the blueprints....and then not show us anything...."on this covered easel are the blue prints to "it"...blah blah blah....go to the park on Thursday August 8th to find out about it...."

(I hope that's what they do for the sake of the announcement.)

• Like 1

Okay, my prediction was 6 inversions.

From the blue print, if it is real, I only see 6.

Immelman / dive loop

Loop

zero-g

batwing thing

Loop

If there is 7, then the last one will be a wing over / corkscrew.

THANK GOD there is not a cobra roll! The only cobra roll I liked on an inverted was on Alpie.

If Fox19 was to broadcast it live on their news broadcast at 10PM, they can scoop that other TV news team that has as their motto, "...where news comes first!"

I have always seen Fox19 broadcast live events at the park during their morning show and it seems they would want to consider this event as being news worthy for a live feed on their newscast.

Morning Newscasts are about a different vibe. They also have multiple hours to to fill. With a live event in the morning they can check in for 2 mins during each news block (30 min blocks). They can do that every block from 4/5 am till 7/8/9am (when ever they are off). For a news crew to do a live hit from the park for a press conference, it would take way to much time/money/effort for such a little play back. They are better off sending a crew (or just a cameraman no reporter) to get to Cover video of the set up. Grab the 10 second quote. and be done with it. For a live hit, the station needs to send out the live truck (transmitter), run the cables to the part of the park where its happening. Get a signal, either bounce the signal from sat or ground back to the station. All of this plus the crew to run it. 2-3 people for set up. Plus the hard part of getting it to fit into the show.

A newscast is sort of like catching lightening. You work really hard and its over in 30 mins. A live hit press conference never run for what you expect. You expect them to go for 3 mins and it takes 30. Just does not work for a nightly news crew.

If this was a major breaking news conference (city going bankrupt, etc) then its a different story. But for an amusement park announcement, sorry, I dont see a news crew wasting a night time broadcasting this live...

• Like 3

I really hope this video is a fake, REALLY REALLY HOPE, but sadly i think this is real, a lot smaller than expected.

It actually ain't that small because the chart said every inch of track = one hundred ft. There was easily over 50 inches of track drawn

If those are B&M's blueprints, wouldn't the measurements be in metrics since they're in Switzerland? Also, how could someone possibly have access to the real ride blueprints. This has to be fake.

Blue prints are public and these were drawn up in Cincinnati

Indeed. I apologize for not reading further before posting

For those of you who were wondering, the announcement will NOT be streamed live and you must be in Action Zone to see the announcement.

And where is your source for this? Isn't it usually independent sites that will stream it? And if not that, people will likely be live blogging it. Also, all the renderings, info, and any videos released will be online within minutes. Lastly, I'm sure people will record the announcement and later post it on YouTube. So, if it's hard for you to get to the park, there's no reason to worry.

Kings Island tweeted there were no plans to broadcast it live.

What day did they tweet that? I cant find it

They pitched the idea to me about broadcasting it live on KIC, but Dane and I don't know if we have the technology to do that in a good way. Don't worry, we'll cover every angle of it. I'll be live Tweating the whole thing and bigger updates will directly to KIC's FB.

For those of you who want to get a kick start and follow:

KICentral's Facebook

KICentral's Twitter

Could you do a live hit using something like Justin.tv where people can log in? All you would need is a camera and an internet connection, like a cell phone?

While you could set that up yourself, using programs like Icecast and VLC, there are third party streaming providers that will handle all that for you.

All you do is put a blob of HTML onto a page of the site, then use the mobile app from the provider to start the stream. You can accept ads and do it for free, or you can pay to get rid of the ads.

EDIT: If you are setting something up and have a question, feel free to ask me. I've handled live streams of events with several hundred viewers at a time.

If Fox19 was to broadcast it live on their news broadcast at 10PM, they can scoop that other TV news team that has as their motto, "...where news comes first!"

I have always seen Fox19 broadcast live events at the park during their morning show and it seems they would want to consider this event as being news worthy for a live feed on their newscast.

Morning Newscasts are about a different vibe. They also have multiple hours to to fill. With a live event in the morning they can check in for 2 mins during each news block (30 min blocks). They can do that every block from 4/5 am till 7/8/9am (when ever they are off). For a news crew to do a live hit from the park for a press conference, it would take way to much time/money/effort for such a little play back. They are better off sending a crew (or just a cameraman no reporter) to get to Cover video of the set up. Grab the 10 second quote. and be done with it. For a live hit, the station needs to send out the live truck (transmitter), run the cables to the part of the park where its happening. Get a signal, either bounce the signal from sat or ground back to the station. All of this plus the crew to run it. 2-3 people for set up. Plus the hard part of getting it to fit into the show.

A newscast is sort of like catching lightening. You work really hard and its over in 30 mins. A live hit press conference never run for what you expect. You expect them to go for 3 mins and it takes 30. Just does not work for a nightly news crew.

If this was a major breaking news conference (city going bankrupt, etc) then its a different story. But for an amusement park announcement, sorry, I dont see a news crew wasting a night time broadcasting this live...

A very well versed synopsis! -PREMiERdrum, who does this for a living.

Nightside is a very, very different animal. You fight every second to keep your viewers engaged, and thus, awake. Morning news is light, passive viewing, as your audience is getting ready, making breakfast, getting the kids out the door, etc. Late news is appointment viewing, often seen from the bedroom, and the clock is your biggest enemy.

Now, the morning after the announcement, I expect plenty of morning show liveshots from the park. But that night? It won't take much in the way of spot news to pull live assets away from Mason.

• Like 2

WLWT just ran a story with a couple quick guest thoughts, and mentioned this site...sorta. "Almost half a million views on this blog about it" haha

Edit: they also talked to Dennis Spiegel (spelling?). WLWT got the blueprints in hard copy, so they ARE public record (now I wish I wouldn't have been too scared to do a request for them...)

Edit 2: "At least four loops, a corkscrew, and a coaster car that leaves riders hanging from the side of the track. It'd be one of four in the country."

I was confused why there were so many new pages in this thread I'd have to read through just from today. Now I understand.

If these blueprints are real (I'm stressing the word "if" but it looks pretty real to me), then I'll actually feel bad for Cedar Fair. They've just been having a tough time keeping things under wraps lately. Watch, the website will be leaked next... :)

I seriously can't wait to find out all the details to this ride if the blueprints are true. It's gonna be long, fast, fun, and just awesome!