Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

I feel bad for the park no matter whether it's real or fake. A lot of hard work and effort goes into planning such things. I think it stinks that someone -although incognito - who made NONE of the decisions is getting attention and glory. The Executive Team at a park works long hours to provide exciting things for their guests. In the Marketing world, this *could be* the equivelant of someone blowing out the candles on YOUR birthday.

That having been said, if it turns out the plans are accurate, then I think the placement of the lift/1st element is perfection! It would appear the *possible* coaster *may* drop off the lift and turn right above where the entrance to Adventure Express is (directly across from the Beir Garden.) Imagine the visuals... both on and off. Great photo ops!

But no matter if these are real or fake... I applaud KI for finally filling the eyesore void left from the vacated KC land. I've been annoyed by that blank spot between Slingshot/Delirium/Go Karts for years!

As far as the naysayers. Be very careful about pre-passing judgement on anything in life... including coasters. I've learned the hard way that criticizing something of which I'm not intimately (Or INTAMINLY... as the case may be...) familiar just makes me look like a darn fool in the long run. Statements such as "It should have been this", "I wont ride it", "It's not what I wanted" or "this would have better if it were this type of coaster" simply demonstrates a lack of forsight, narrowmindedness and immaturity.

Thank God we have people like the Cedar Fair execs that are continuing the long-standing tradition of making KI such a great park. In the past 5 years, I've gotten a tinge of "the old days." Many of you didn't get to experience the early days. In the first 20+ years, the installs fit KI to a "T". Unfortunately the park lost it's direction for a while (IMO) so I am ecstatic to see it returning to it's roots of providing thrills for seekers of all levels and rides of substance and worth.

That's a whole lot of text to admit you were wrong about your B&M Giga prediction Shaggy.

• Like 4

"Only four in the nation..." what ever he was talking about is irrelevant because the new attraction is a WORLD record breaker. Not just a simple "Biggest loop in Cincinnati area"

Let me repeat as you already know anyways...

WORLD RECORD BREAKER

Leaving riders hanging off the sides, Dons multiple tweets about the future, what if this is a 4D coaster.

If it was we will all hit ourselves in the face. Its funny how we all agree on an Invert now.

Back to my post a Inverted Wingrider

My name was partially on local night time television news... omg omg omg. "calak-" ....Life changing.. -_-

It's actually fully visible! So are Boddah1994, jcgoble3, Beastfan26, jackparanoia, TTD-120-420, and the phrase "Guests say the darnest things!" You're all stars!

EDIT Sorry, slow connection... can't keep up with yall!

I want all your autographs now.

• Like 11

da6u3ypu.jpg

This kind of got skipped over because it was posted right before the blueprints were, but these were handed out at the park today when you went through the parking gate. I have one sitting on the floor right beside me :)

And between this and the piles of rocks/iron fence that popped up today, it points to a graveyard, in my opinion.

• Like 4

"Only four in the nation..." what ever he was talking about is irrelevant because the new attraction is a WORLD record breaker. Not just a simple "Biggest loop in Cincinnati area"

Let me repeat as you already know anyways...

WORLD RECORD BREAKER

Leaving riders hanging off the sides, Dons multiple tweets about the future, what if this is a 4D coaster.

I'd be okay with that! I've been wanting to ride one! :)

That would allow three train operation. Firehawk takes forver to load and FOF is not dual loading. it has seperate load unload and only run 2 trains.

millennium force has the same capacity as Diamondback yet has no Mcbr but it does have an unloading station just like Flight of Fear.... Flight of Fear and millennium force have the same ride duration clocked in at 2mins20seconds. Im starting to think Flight of Fear only operates 2 trains.

Flight of Fear started with 3 trains and a mid course break run. It loaded faster with the terribly painful over the head restraints....but was always slowed to a crawl in the breakrun in the middle of the ride. Since you exit opposite from where you board (which wasn't the original designers intention), one car would wait outside of the exit for a Loooong time before people could disembark. When they switched to lapbar and lock, it took longer to board and disembark, and they eliminated one train.... and to this day they only operate 2 trains.

the way i see it is one train is loading one train is running the track, and one train is unloading, when the train returns from running the track the loading train then takes off and the unloading train starts loading... It seems like it would be a very fast smooth operation regardless of lap bars

My name was partially on local night time television news... omg omg omg. "calak-" ....Life changing.. -_-

It's actually fully visible! So are Boddah1994, jcgoble3, Beastfan26, jackparanoia, TTD-120-420, and the phrase "Guests say the darnest things!" You're all stars!

Oh, Thrill Biscuit, I don't have HD so when I watched on my television is only showed part of my username. Awesome, my whole avatar and name... Though I have no records of a post that match the time stamp that's on the news broadcast.

• Like 1

Invert Wing rider! You get the best of both worlds

Not really. An inverted wingrider would be the same experience as a non-inverted one. Not above the track. Not below it. But to the side.

Here is another idea Stand up inverted ! I don't I have thought that would be the best to ride

MF would not get the capacity it gets without the 3rd train.

millennium force will always be till this day the greatest intanim coaster of all time. It's forcefull, reliable, with great ride capacity, what more can be asked for in a rollercoaster?
  • Like 3

MF would not get the capacity it gets without the 3rd train.

millennium force will always be till this day the greatest intanim coaster of all time. It's forcefull, reliable, with great ride capacity, what more can be asked for in a rollercoaster?

Also a really good view

I would have given anything to have had my avatar on the news. I am so jealous of JCgoble.

An avatar picture getting 2 seconds of airtime on a local news channel is worth being jealous over? WOW!

More like half a second. The news just can't take any more of my avatar's awesomeness than that. :P

Edited by jcgoble3
  • Like 5

Oh, Thrill Biscuit, I don't have HD so when I watched on my television is only showed part of my username. Awesome, my whole avatar and name... Though I have no records of a post that match the time stamp that's on the news broadcast.

I think different computers record different time stamps. Mine hasn't been accurate for almost 9 years ^_^