Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Why do I have a feeling that the name Banshee was a diversion. This looks like a roller coaster called "The Beasts Rising"

Ive got that strange feeling too. I feel like its almost garunteed that Banshee is the name but i have something in the back of my head telling me otherwise

I think it would be kinda dumb to base a steel coaster off of a wooden legend. And it would be more dumb to do this when the ride that previously occupied that space was indeed a wooden sequel

So would it be stupid if they called it "Son of Beast reborn"

I think it would be kinda dumb to base a steel coaster off of a wooden legend. And it would be more dumb to do this when the ride that previously occupied that space was indeed a wooden sequel

Even if it was a myth/tale of a legend that used to reside in that location....but has since vanished....etc?

and now...the 'Banshee' has taken over the land?

Even if it was a myth/tale of a legend that used to reside in that location....but has since vanished....etc?

and now...the 'Banshee' has taken over the land?

Yeah it could be like that or

The Son has fallen and the Banshee now reins supreme

So I've been out of the loop for a while when it comes to roller coasters and theme parks but I've been really excited for the past few days between riding Gatekeeper for the first time and speculation over this ride. Project 2014 looks like an awesome coaster!

I hope someone will step up so I can stream the announcement and I look forward to next summer when I'm able to ride this!

da6u3ypu.jpg

I just ran out to my car, didn't even look at it today, figured it was same old same old. Being I just got home from KI, did I miss anything good without reading 30 pages? <_<

Yeah you missed basically everything. Blueprints were leaked

I was riding Diamondback during the entire Firework display then ate Larosas Pizza by the fountain listening to Playlist Live, so I didn't miss everything! ;) Time to read up now!

• Like 4

Not everyday does a park get to create a ride with such a history already behind the land it will sit on. Kings Island, in my opinion, should capitalize on this rare opportunity to

create something legendary. I for one, always loved the three in the family. The Beastie, The Beast, and Son of Beast. Its so unique. Now that The Beastie is no more and

Son of Beast is gone, The Beast is doing fine carrying on the family name, and will forever. But why let the "ghost of Son of Beast" die and just be forgotten about? Kings

Island has potential to do something awesome with theaming that actually ties in rollercaoster history behind it. I hope the potential is not wasted.

I gotta say it's been an interesting evening reading this thread. I definitely think the blueprint is legitimate. I went to school for drafting, and there's nothing I can see about it that would make me think otherwise. The only thing I'll add is that if you look really closely at the video and follow the course of the track, you'll see where part of the track is directly above a footer between the helixes. To me, that means the track is inverted at that point, since the support would be directly under the track. Assuming this is indeed an invert, I think we're looking at another zero-g right before the final helix. That would take the number of inversions to 7.

Anyway, I saw this on Coasterbuzz, and wanted to post a link to it. Pay attention to Lord Gonchar's post at timestamp 10:53. Click the link that says "There's your Banshee".

• Like 5

I gotta say it's been an interesting evening reading this thread. I definitely think the blueprint is legitimate. I went to school for drafting, and there's nothing I can see about it that would make me think otherwise. The only thing I'll add is that if you look really closely at the video and follow the course of the track, you'll see where part of the track is directly above a footer between the helixes. To me, that means the track is inverted at that point, since the support would be directly under the track. Assuming this is indeed an invert, I think we're looking at another zero-g right before the final helix. That would take the number of inversions to 7.

Anyway, I saw this on Coasterbuzz, and wanted to post a link to it. Pay attention to Lord Gonchar's post at timestamp 10:53. Click the link that says "There's your Banshee".

Hopefully it is not, that is a lame ending.

No reason to dis someone's creative idea bro.

Oh the irony.

You're a class act, Young Stud. In 2 minutes, you tell someone not to dis another person's creative idea, but then you turn around and dis one yourself. Hypocrite. TOTAL hypocrite.

• Like 1

No reason to dis someone's creative idea bro.

Oh the irony.

You're a class act, Young Stud. In 2 minutes, you tell someone not to dis another person's creative idea, but then you turn around and dis one yourself. Hypocrite. TOTAL hypocrite.

I did not call someone's idea "dumb" twice. I stated that I hope the ending is different cause it looked lame....

I know I said it back when "you know what" was going on and this thread exploded, but I'll say it again.

I feel bad for anyone who hasn't read this thread lately. They'll have a lot of catching up to do.

Tell me about it...

I have Jury Duty tomorrow as well, and likely won't get the midday check-in that I normally get in my lunch break...

• Like 1

There are nine inversions. Those last two helixes are not helixes. Those are inclined loops. My proof is that Gatekeepers helix after the mcbr is listed as a incline loop on rcdb

plus there will not be many more inverts being built.

Do you mean in general, or right now?

Designers build what the parks want.

If a park calls B&M up and says, "We want this, this, and this, in an inverted coaster and only have X amount of room, can you do it?"

B&M's response would likely be, "Our Batman model fits that description."

If a park calls B&M and asks for a stand up, they will build it.

Inverts are terrible..they are a 90's ride...only a moron in charge would spend $30 mil on one...if the lift hill goes through the loop, that is the definition of a gimmick... every Intamin is better than this ride they are building and it is not even debatable
for a park that doesn't have a full circuit invert, and is looking to replace a record breaking coaster, with another record breaking coaster, its a no brainer... And your right there are plenty of intanims that will probably give a better thrill than this coaster, but that's only when Those intanim coasters are operating.

I highlighted parts of these two statements that I wanted to comment on.

"Only when those Intamin coasters are operating." - Exactly. I agree 100% This is exactly why Kings Island SHOULD NOT build an Intamin. They experience a significant amount of downtime, compare to B&M. When Diamondback was closed for 2 weeks last season, it wasn't mechanical, it was structural. It was also the longest time since Diamondback has been installed that it had significant downtime, that I recall.

It comes down to reliability. King's Island is going to build a reliable coaster.

B&M's are proven more reliable than Intamin.

"They are a 90's ride" - Saying inverted coasters are a 90's ride or is outdated would be like saying wooden coasters are old and outdated, so parks should not build them.

"Definition of gimmick" - 300+ ft or 400+ plus ft is not a gimmick?

"every Intamin is better than this ride they are building and it is not even debatable." - Have you ridden EVERY intamin? I personally have not, and out of 170 coasters that I have ridden, only 28 are B&M. (Raptor is my least favorite out of all of them.) You need to back up your statement here with facts. I can back up that I have ridden enough Intamins to know the reliability sucks.

"only a moron in charge would spend $30 mil on one" - I am just going to withdraw my next statement.....

took me 37 posts to write this! Time to read backwards!

• Like 6