Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Yeah, Auto-cad isn't hard to mock up a drawing of a " ride" but the footers that are shown in the video look to much like the "live" pictures. Either we got a guy that is really good at eye balling pictures and putting them down or it's legit. I mean who really wants to spend all their time making three drawings of a fake coaster. Especially being rather detailed. Although there isn't hardly any dimension on the drawing but this is a reference for general use. That's the beauty of layers being able to be turned on or off on Auto-cad.

I mean who really wants to spend all their time making three drawings of a fake coaster.

Some want to risk trespassing charges just to look at track......

Just sayin'

The media has been known to make many mistakes when it comes to amusement parks/ rides.

Needless to say, what the media has come up with in the past has been amusing. ;)

• Like 8

Blue prints are so easily made anymore, it could take an engineer minutes to come up with a fake. We do it with CAD everyday at work. A few keystrokes and moving the mouse and **PRESTO** a blueprint has been born.

I'm not saying the mentioned print is fake or real, but to say with any certainty it is 100% fake or 100% real is just blowing hot air.

I'm not saying that it is difficult to take an existing drawing and change it a bit to a new drawing, but I have to disagree with your statement. Not arguing the validity of the prints at all here. My point is that there is an awful lot of detail in those prints, more than just moving the mouse and presto.

• Like 1

Bear with me here, but imagine having not looked at the thread for a few days, and finding this explosion. I think I can sum up what I have missed like this:

1) Official announcement 8/8 at 10:00 in Action Zone. I like it.

2) It will be a world-breaking coaster of some sort

3) Looks like a creepy theme/feel to the ride based off the announcement

4) And now blueprints have been found?

My question is with these blueprints. I'm not calling them fake at all...my question is, where did they come from?

Bear with me here, but imagine having not looked at the thread for a few days, and finding this explosion. I think I can sum up what I have missed like this:

1) Official announcement 8/8 at 10:00 in Action Zone. I like it.

2) It will be a world-breaking coaster of some sort

3) Looks like a creepy theme/feel to the ride based off the announcement

4) And now blueprints have been found?

My question is with these blueprints. I'm not calling them fake at all...my question is, where did they come from?

Blueprints that are filled in the United States are public records

Really? Sure let's tie in this nice new coaster with a defunct coaster that was problematic from the start, severely injured people, and was in the news for all the wrong reasons. Lets not waste that potential.

Defunct or not, it was still an extremely historic coaster.

Historic for all the wrong reasons.

KI is wise to distance themselves from any SoB association with the new ride.

This is why it will most likely be from B&M who has a great track record of uptime & safety as opposed to Intamin.

Imagine if KI did go with Intamin & the ride had to be "modified" a la: WT, Maverick or I-305 or have considerable downtime a la: TTD, KK, or WT? Park goers will immediately mention SoB in the confusion.

Yes. Worlds tallest, fastest, and only looping wooden coaster is all the wrong reasons...you make no sence

And how did that work out for them?

SoB's failure was not really due to the push for world records. It was due to a series of bad management decisions and poor construction. A state inspector in 2009 placed the blame on park management (http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/200911/1529/). This old article from The Enquirer also shows how bad things were handled: http://www.enquirer.com/editions/2000/11/23/loc_kings_island_sues.html (that was published just 7 months after the coaster opened).

• Like 8

If the blue prints are public domain and anyone can get a copy.....somebody go get a copy and post up the scanned images.

Just seems odd that the video shows the "blue sheet" obviously covering something in 2 of the prints, why would a person do that if they are public records??

Everyone is saying the blueprints are fake, they are frauds... FOLKS... They aren't, he got them the same way WLWT got them.. Going to the Mason City Building!

I was skeptical of them too, until I heard various news outlets claiming they were available through public records requests in Mason/Warren County. That doesn't mean what is in the video is the same as what was filed, but if what they are building differs from what is available for public review, there could be serious repercussions for KI.

That said, whatever is available through the public records is an accurate representation of what is being built. I haven't taken the time to try to compare the different sources, but regardless of typos or part number inconsistencies, or any other such information, whatever is filed with the local governments is what is coming.

One can only hope mr. stengel came out of retirement to help with this massive coaster. One of the reasons that B&M coasters has been so cautiously engineered lately is because he is not there to design.

You do know Stengle designed Alpengiest, the one you said had a forceless drop.

That doesn't mean what is in the video is the same as what was filed, but if what they are building differs from what is available for public review, there could be serious repercussions for KI.

What type of repercussions for KI?

I only ask because prints are revised sometimes on a hourly basis due to unforeseen circumstances such as digging issues (as one example).

Now if KI took out wetlands, and the original prints did not show that, I could understand repercussions, but not for typical changes.

As for the prints having so much detail: it really is as easy as a few keystrokes and moving the mouse. You could easily remove the track with the click of the mouse, and add a different layout using the same footers.

What needs to be remembered is: although the prints found are believed to be public record, there is not law stating the prints have to be available to the public by a certain time/ date. Mason/ Warren County deals with many businesses and has to keep certain records private until the party submitting the prints allow them to be released.

The prints found could very well be the real thing. They could also be as fake as a $3 bill.

3_zps66ea41f4.jpeg

• Like 1

As for the prints having so much detail: it really is as easy as a few keystrokes and moving the mouse. You could easily remove the track with the click of the mouse, and add a different layout using the same footers.

I agree with that about once the footers are drawn various layouts could be changed easily. The details that would take more time is laying in the footers due to the fact that they appear to line up just as the construction shows them to be.