Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

This thread has over 504,000 views (and counting) which is absolutely crazy/insane/really, really awesome! Random but can the mods see how many of those views come from logged-in members, guests, links to this thread via google (or other search), etc?

BTW @kingsislandpr also tweeted:

The "Starting to Decode 2014" thread on the fan site @KICentral has surpassed 500,000 views

Pretty cool "shout out" and mention by the park, and it's good to see the park and this site are in good standing :)

• Like 13

The media has been known to make many mistakes when it comes to amusement parks/ rides.

Needless to say, what the media has come up with in the past has been amusing. ;)

What I find interesting is that KI tweeted this link to the article. It's almost as if they don't care their new ride is getting spoiled. I remember last year when the Sandusky Register leaked a supposed Gatekeeper layout, and Cedar Point didn't share that article, let alone make any comments about it. So either the leaked plans are complete crap (which I don't really think they are) or the park has just given in to what has happened.

This thread has over 504,000 views (and counting) which is absolutely crazy/insane/really, really awesome! Random but can the mods see how many of those views come from logged-in members, guests, links to this thread via google (or other search), etc?

The "Starting to Decode 2014" thread on the fan site @KICentral has surpassed 500,000 views

Pretty cool "shout out" and mention by the park, and it's good to see the park and this site are in good standing :)

It seems to me that despite the incident, KIC's relationship with the park is stronger than ever! I don't recall getting this many shoutouts ever before.

• Like 3

The media has been known to make many mistakes when it comes to amusement parks/ rides.

Needless to say, what the media has come up with in the past has been amusing. ;)

What I find interesting is that KI tweeted this link to the article. It's almost as if they don't care their new ride is getting spoiled. I remember last year when the Sandusky Register leaked a supposed Gatekeeper layout, and Cedar Point didn't share that article, let alone make any comments about it. So either the leaked plans are complete crap (which I don't really think they are) or the park has just given in to what has happened.

Different PR departments for one. Also the news didn't give away any specific details that the park is set to announce in 6 days. The news articles are just creating more hype and putting attention on the park.

• Like 1

Because its a fake blueprint.

What if Kings Island leaked fake blueprints...

Dun dun dunnnnn

Blue prints are so easily made anymore, it could take an engineer minutes to come up with a fake. We do it with CAD everyday at work. A few keystrokes and moving the mouse and **PRESTO** a blueprint has been born.

I'm not saying the mentioned print is fake or real, but to say with any certainty it is 100% fake or 100% real is just blowing hot air.

I don't think several news outlets would claim to have obtained copies of the blueprints through a public records request with the City of Mason if they were fake. I also don't think Don would post a link to the Enquirer article if what the Enquirer was reporting wasn't true.

And why would KI go through the hassle, and expense, of filing fake blueprints? Is there any history of them doing that in the past?

I watched the WLWT video, and for a few brief seconds it showed the coaster layout, which matched the layout we see on the blueprints from the YouTube video.

Yeah, Auto-cad isn't hard to mock up a drawing of a " ride" but the footers that are shown in the video look to much like the "live" pictures. Either we got a guy that is really good at eye balling pictures and putting them down or it's legit. I mean who really wants to spend all their time making three drawings of a fake coaster. Especially being rather detailed. Although there isn't hardly any dimension on the drawing but this is a reference for general use. That's the beauty of layers being able to be turned on or off on Auto-cad.

Yeah, I agree. Many times people think of a single blueprint as being the only one necessary to construct a building or any other structure, but that simply isn't true. For a single project there can be numerous overhead plans and side elevations drawn up, ranging from the layout/floorplan itself, to electrical schematics which don't show plumbing details, and plumbing schematics which don't show electrical details, etc. A building floorplan can be nothing more than the foundation layout and dimensions, while another floorplan shows the placement of the walls only. Looking at the blueprint in that video, I suspect what we see is nothing more than the placement of the footers and the corresponding part numbers for the relevant supports which will go on those footers. If you notice, it doesn't show specific detail of the bolts themselves. There are also no dimensions listed, other than the scale on the blueprint.

• Like 3

The leak video plays perfectly into the overall job of the PR department: Build up anticipation and buzz for the announcement. The layout, however detailed, is really but a small piece of the overall announcement, especially where the GP is concerned. The only recent leak that has really spoiled an announcement, IMO, was Maverick's full artwork, schematics, and specs leaking out a day or so ahead of the announcement. Now THAT was a spoiler!

• Like 8

One can only hope mr. stengel came out of retirement to help with this massive coaster. One of the reasons that B&M coasters has been so cautiously engineered lately is because he is not there to design.

You do know Stengle designed Alpengiest, the one you said had a forceless drop.

It was b&M not mr. stengel that slapped the trim onto the drop. That was nearly 20 years ago. Mr. Stengel was ahead of his time.

Mr. Stengel designed the Supes, maverick, MF, TTD, El Toro, KA, volcano, expedition ge force, etc. Intamin was not afraid to leave his rides as is.

Really? Sure let's tie in this nice new coaster with a defunct coaster that was problematic from the start, severely injured people, and was in the news for all the wrong reasons. Lets not waste that potential.

Defunct or not, it was still an extremely historic coaster.

Historic for all the wrong reasons.

KI is wise to distance themselves from any SoB association with the new ride.

This is why it will most likely be from B&M who has a great track record of uptime & safety as opposed to Intamin.

Imagine if KI did go with Intamin & the ride had to be "modified" a la: WT, Maverick or I-305 or have considerable downtime a la: TTD, KK, or WT? Park goers will immediately mention SoB in the confusion.

Yes. Worlds tallest, fastest, and only looping wooden coaster is all the wrong reasons...you make no sence

And how did that work out for them?

Guys just listen to what im saying for a minute. Take a defunct NFL team for example. The Baltimore Colts were defunct in 1950 but does that make them no longer a part of NFL history? Same thing with SOB. SOB was a world recognized and known coaster. Im tired of everyone ragging on it

One can only hope mr. stengel came out of retirement to help with this massive coaster. One of the reasons that B&M coasters has been so cautiously engineered lately is because he is not there to design.

It was b&M not mr. stengel that slapped the trim onto the drop. That was nearly 20 years ago. Mr. Stengel was ahead of his time.

Mr. Stengel designed the Supes, maverick, MF, TTD, El Toro, KA, volcano, expedition ge force, etc. Intamin was not afraid to leave his rides as is.

Yep, and between Alpie and the coasters you mentioned, we know which one's are down more due to mechanical.

• Like 3

I am impressed that he actually has been looking at this website and this forums! Show's that he is keeping and eye out for our feedback and also enjoying every minute of our "investigation". :)

Yep, and between Alpie and the coasters you mentioned, we know which one's are down more due to mechanical.

What a diss, congrats.

That doesn't mean what is in the video is the same as what was filed, but if what they are building differs from what is available for public review, there could be serious repercussions for KI.

What type of repercussions for KI?

I only ask because prints are revised sometimes on a hourly basis due to unforeseen circumstances such as digging issues (as one example).

Now if KI took out wetlands, and the original prints did not show that, I could understand repercussions, but not for typical changes.

As for the prints having so much detail: it really is as easy as a few keystrokes and moving the mouse. You could easily remove the track with the click of the mouse, and add a different layout using the same footers.

What needs to be remembered is: although the prints found are believed to be public record, there is not law stating the prints have to be available to the public by a certain time/ date. Mason/ Warren County deals with many businesses and has to keep certain records private until the party submitting the prints allow them to be released.

The prints found could very well be the real thing. They could also be as fake as a $3 bill.

3_zps66ea41f4.jpeg

Repercussions as in, projects being put on hold/delayed if they blatantly provide inaccurate information in that forum. There are obvious needs for changes, some required by the park/engineering teams, and some by inspectors or representatives of the city. I'm not talking about typical changes. I'm just saying it would be impractical and could potentially cumbersome (not to mention, potentially costly) if they submitted information for approval that was not in line with what their true plans were.

I am impressed that he actually has been looking at this website and this forums! Show's that he is keeping and eye out for our feedback and also enjoying every minute of our "investigation". :)

Don actually is on here and posts every so often himself. He is a great guy. Played hockey in one of the leagues I play in from time to time. Haven't seen him lately though, otherwise i'd hound him for an exclusive!

• Like 5

Guys just listen to what im saying for a minute. Take a defunct NFL team for example. The Baltimore Colts were defunct in 1950 but does that make them no longer a part of NFL history? Same thing with SOB. SOB was a world recognized and known coaster. Im tired of everyone ragging on it

Actually, the Colts left Baltimore in 1984. There was Baltimore Colts through 1950 which folded.

Is it possible that this new coaster has new ride elements?

Yes (it is possible. Or that it does not. On the other hand it is also possible it will be named Kinzelmonium).

It could also teleport us to alternate dimensions. That would explain the high price tag! :blink:

You mean this one? It also says Terpy and Suhr.

999713_10152064329968368_318292431_n.jpg

I thought it said "O'Terpy"' too.

I can only think of that episode of Blackadder where he calls his Scottish cousin with red hair and even more wiry brows to battle a duel for him.

Does Terpy have cantankerous lookalike relatives with a red Afro?

Guys I think I figured it out. What if stengel is actually hinting at a stengel dive as the rides 9th inversion that is not in the leaked blue prints.

You mean this one? It also says Terpy and Suhr.

999713_10152064329968368_318292431_n.jpg

I thought it said "O'Terpy"' too.

I can only think of that episode of Blackadder where he calls his Scottish cousin with red hair and even more wiry brows to battle a duel for him.

Does Terpy have cantankerous lookalike relatives with a red Afro?

Guys I think I figured it out. What if stengel is actually hinting at a stengel dive as the rides 9th inversion that is not in the leaked blue prints.

You call it ragging, many would call it reality.

Nobody posted anything that was not true of SoB. It was what it was.

You want to remember everything that was supposed to be good about SoB on paper, but ended up being demolished because of those same reasons.

Repercussions as in, projects being put on hold/delayed if they blatantly provide inaccurate information in that forum. There are obvious needs for changes, some required by the park/engineering teams, and some by inspectors or representatives of the city. I'm not talking about typical changes. I'm just saying it would be impractical and could potentially cumbersome (not to mention, potentially costly) if they submitted information for approval that was not in line with what their true plans were.

Have any examples of when this happened to a coaster project?
  • Like 2

secondson (don't want to quote your big post), I was just kidding about the fake blueprints...

Oh sheesh, I'm sorry. I really am. It's been a bad week with my uncle dying suddenly and my dad's not handling it well. I have a lot of things on my mind. Maybe I shouldn't be posting about this stuff right now.

Thanks for the clarification.

• Like 1